Long time consuming Drives... Out of Gas

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Boysboy;1907978 said:
Our conditioning program is fine, yes. But this is the first time I've witnessed OLmen getting tired from being on the field so long.

I don't know-all season long, we were barking at Garrett for not running the ball enough, and thought at the same time maybe our big OLmen just weren't athletic enough.

Again-I don't know, maybe Wade and Garrett knew something we didn't.

But you said, "Wade didn't physically prepare this team".

Perhaps Garrett was over-ruled by Wade ? That would make more sense when blaming Wade.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1907994 said:
But you said, "Wade didn't physically prepare this team".

Perhaps Garrett was over-ruled by Wade ? That would make more sense when blaming Wade.

Well...FWIW-when you lose, there's always alot of unanswered questions. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so with only a limited number of games played and so many days off for the fans to watch, all there is is speculation.

With basketball and baseball, at least they play pretty much every day, so when you lose, you have no time but to think about the next game tomorrow.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
Hostile;1907910 said:
Naw. TO and Glenn were not healthy. The Giants DBs and coaches realized this and played tight man coverage because they knew they could not separate. Then they sent the dogs and got to Romo.

It was good football. Plain and simple.

This is about the smartest thing i have read here all week.
:hammer:

OldButDeadly

Bill's Waterboy
Reaction score
Hostile;1907710 said:

I know the way he put it sounds silly....they were not tired....but I thougth that we played into the Giants hands playing that style of game....I kept saying during that grind it out drive....why isn't Romo "Running and Gunning" like we did all season...at the time I wondered if something was lingering with his hand....maybe not....but that isn't our style....someone mentioned it limits the number of opportunities....that is what I thought....

Of course...our recievers health may have had something to do with that....

Kev

OldButDeadly

Bill's Waterboy
Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;1908015 said:

Even though....TO was still open at times....usually when Romo was getting killed....

Glenn....man....I think his time is past....he couldn't seem to hold his footing...

Kev

Boysboy

Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;1908015 said:

As much as I'm tempted to do so, I don't buy it-hasn't it been reported the week prior how TO improved drastically, was never serious, and practiced fully?

To me, he didn't limp one bit out there-Plax did quite a bit, but TO looked fine to me. Glenn looked OK to me too.

Come on...let's calm down with the excuses.