Look at schedule and tell me which 6 teams they will beat outside the div

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Too tough to call right now. I also dont consider the usual "yardage ranking" as a good ranking. Personally I would look at "run defense" as the most important, then things like turnovers and sacks. They have REALLY focused on fixing the run defense. I think they get into the top 10 for sure on run defense. Barring any major setbacks.

So you believe they jump over 21 other teams also trying to improve their defenses based on the major defensive changes you made this offseason?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s the NFL. Every game will be a war. I’ve been watching NFL games for 57 years. If there’s anything that’s clear it’s this: We can beat anyone- and lose to anyone as well. And none of us know which it will be.

Oh for sure. I just think, with the skills of this team on paper, I think we should be able to beat Denver, Atlanta, LV Raiders, and the Panthers as they do not pose much of a threat to us from what I can tell.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CowboyFrog, post:Really with this team its like shooting at a bullseye painted on a flys arse.[/QUOTE]

:p
Bing..bing..bing. We have a winner..folks.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If and when they get to playoffs again, they have to play teams outside the div! the good teams lol outside the div.
they need 6-8 wins outside the div to be a good team.

Now look at the schedule and tell me which 6-8 teams they will beat outside the div lol.

Dallas can count on 3 maybe 4 div wins, but the most would be 6.
6+6 = 12 wins. 4+6= 10 wins

So aside from div games, do you see 6 wins?
If they cant win outside the div, they either wont make playoffs, or they will be one and done.
2021 Cowboys schedule

1: at Buccaneers
2: at Chargers
3: Eagles
4: Panthers
5: Giants
6: at Patriots

7: Bye

8: at Vikings
9: Broncos
10: Falcons
11: at Chiefs
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving)
13: at Saints
14: at Washington
15: at Giants
16: Washington
17: Cardinals
18: at Eagles
I see 6-7 potential wins, outside div, but not sure they can do it. Big maybe.
The problem with choosing 6 wins is the Cowboys could surprise the Buccaneers opening week and than turn around and lose to the Panthers and Falcons. I highly doubt they beat the Bucs. They won't beat the Chargers, Saints, Vikings or Cardinals. It won't matter if the defense is fixed because we've already seen them show up and the almighty Dak leads the team to 3 field goals.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I've said before we will go 13-4 and I'm sticking with it. We will start slow going 1-2 because Dak will be a little unsure and rusty because of the ankle and the layoff. But we will go 12-2 the rest of the way beating Washington in the Divisional round in a tough game. They'll finally get that gorilla off their backs by destroying Aaron Rodgers in the NFC Championship game. Brady's age will eventually catch up to him and I think it will this year. We will win 37-23 against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

1: at Buccaneers Loss
2: at Chargers Win
3: Eagles Loss
4: Panthers Win
5: Giants Win
6: at Patriots Win

8: at Vikings Win
9: Broncos Win
10: Falcons Win
11: at Chiefs Loss
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving) Win
13: at Saints Win
14: at Washington Loss
15: at Giants Win
16: Washington Win
17: Cardinals Win
18: at Eagles Win
200w.gif

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@DandyDon52 Look at the schedule and tell me the 6 non-division games the Cowboys will lose. I venture to guess that you will be correct less than a flip of the coin.

DanA

Reaction score
So you believe they jump over 21 other teams also trying to improve their defenses based on the major defensive changes you made this offseason?

There are a few factors that make it possible.

1. We probably invested more than most specifically on the run defense
2. If we are leading in games more often, teams will be forced to abandon the run more often
3. Our CB's and safety play are probably our biggest weakness meaning it might be advantageous to attack us in the air

It's entirely possible we jump into the top 10 run defense and still not be good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
@DandyDon52 Look at the schedule and tell me the 6 non-division games the Cowboys will lose. I venture to guess that you will be correct less than a flip of the coin.
So 50 % ?? how correct is the flip of a coin??

I haven't predicted anything yet, except that cowboys will make playoffs as div champ or WC, and 10-7 record.
That is my June prediction.
But here is my game by game prediction.
keep in mind this is all for fun , I know I will be wrong on some of these lol.
But I can come back to this thread at end of season and see how many
I get right or wrong.
So why dont you predict all the games and lets see who gets the most right?

I just went down the list and made predictions and came up with 11 wins + 6 losses. The 2 maybe W means it could easily be a L, both are road games.
2021 Cowboys schedule

1: at Buccaneers .........L
2: at Chargers .........W Maybe
3: Eagles .........W
4: Panthers .........W
5: Giants .........W
6: at Patriots .........L
8: at Vikings .........W Maybe
9: Broncos .........W
10: Falcons .........W
11: at Chiefs .........L
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving) .........W for some reason I dont know, I think this may be a loss too. but am going with a win
13: at Saints .........L
14: at Washington .........L
15: at Giants .........L
16: Washington .........W
17: Cardinals .........W
18: at Eagles .........W

Everyone posting actual predictions should bookmark this thread and then grade them
as season rolls along, just for fun, see how you did here in June.

I forgot, I am predicting only 4 non div losses, and 7 wins , so 7-4 in non div games.
and 4-2 div games.
11-6 overall which is my glass half full prediction.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Couch Coach told me it was more fun to be positive , so I am giving that a try!
Sure they could be 8-9 or worse, but I hope they do better than that as it is more fun to watch the games, and for
them to make playoffs.

That being said, I dont think they will fare well in playoffs, or get past div round. Although anything is possible.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

2. If we are leading in games more often, teams will be forced to abandon the run more often
3. Our CB's and safety play are probably our biggest weakness meaning it might be advantageous to attack us in the air

It's entirely possible we jump into the top 10 run defense and still not be good.
good points.
I think the defense will be much better, with new dc, and defense heavy draft. Also quinn got some FA on defense he wanted.
however it may take a few games for the defense to start to gel.
TB last year got better on defense as the season rolled along, and by playoff time they were playing good.

But for right now I will predict the defense is going to be much better than years previous.

I actually have more concerns with the offense than the defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The problem with choosing 6 wins is the Cowboys could surprise the Buccaneers opening week and than turn around and lose to the Panthers and Falcons. I highly doubt they beat the Bucs. They won't beat the Chargers, Saints, Vikings or Cardinals. It won't matter if the defense is fixed because we've already seen them show up and the almighty Dak leads the team to 3 field goals.
so why dont you predict win or loss on all the games? lol it wont kill you. you wont lose any money, it is just for fun.
Heck predict 12 losses.

And sure most predictions are going to not pan out, but I like to do it and see how close or off I am later on.
as I stated, I have more concerns about the offense than the defense.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So 50 % ?? how correct is the flip of a coin??

So why dont you predict all the games and lets see who gets the most right?

Predictions in June are just another snapshot in time and are an exercise in futility. Nothing but wild guesses. Might as well just flip a coin. Can't predict injuries and injuries can flip a game on a dime. Just like the weather, predictions become accurate 24-48 hours in advance.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was a big Romo fan, but that trip was very disappointing. That said, Romo would give 110% effort every game. I'm still a fan.

this goes to both of you, seriously that game was not lost because of cabo..witten was there , who else??

..you realize they were 2-0 against them and as division team how many times has Romo played them?

, lastly you do realize they had Laptops and IPads back then, you trying to tell me that character or leadership issue and he blew off game study and didnt care..

LMSAO that not the case..

DID Crayton go to Cabo because if so, im sold on the theory because he nearly lost this game on his own..

Id take Romo over dak any day of i only had the choice between the two and picking a team..why because romo read defenses better, h e threw better timed passes and led receivers , simply was better natural pocket passer..

I like them both but make me choose and Ill take Romo..

leadership lol Romos team followed him , heck even TO the team obliterator cried and said thats my QB!!..romo had high character an d leadership. Period thats no tie breaker..pick the better qb on talent alone and ill be ok with it..I say thats Romo by narrow margin but IMO a tad better..

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Look at the schedule and tell me which six teams they'll beat outside of their division.

1) Panthers
2) Patriots
3) Vikings
4) Broncos
5) Raiders
6) Saints

If you add in us going 5-1 within our division, that's 11 wins right there. Plus we still have a pretty good chance of beating the Buccaneers, Chargers, and Cardinals. So we could be anywhere from 11-6 to 14-3, IMO.

JReed1000

Reaction score
The problem with your theory is the rest of the NFC East also plays these teams. Win the division…you’re in the playoffs. I think we’ll go 11-6.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Jump where? Run defense, overall defense?

run defense

I agree definitely with #2, that’ll have an impact. And you can’t be any worse than last year, you’ll definitely improve. But what investment have you made beyond adding rookies? Neal and Kazee you brought in from Atlanta are coming from a defense more maligned than even yours, and it shows by the fact you got both for under 5m$ Combined. You didn’t fix your DT problem, maybe the single biggest factor to run D, and your safeties may be worse than they were last year.

One of the biggest issues with making predictions based on nfl ranking is relativity. Who are you saying is now inferior in run defense to the Cowboys? Seattle? Minnesota? New England? Philadelphia? Jumping that many spots means a lot of really good run defense are now worse than the worst run defense Dallas has ever had because… you got rookies, same as everyone else? You brought in Dan Quinn?

I agree you’ll improve, but leapfrogging 2/3’s of the NFL is a strong prediction.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
run defense

I agree definitely with #2, that’ll have an impact. And you can’t be any worse than last year, you’ll definitely improve. But what investment have you made beyond adding rookies? Neal and Kazee you brought in from Atlanta are coming from a defense more maligned than even yours, and it shows by the fact you got both for under 5m$ Combined. You didn’t fix your DT problem, maybe the single biggest factor to run D, and your safeties may be worse than they were last year.

I agree you’ll improve, but leapfrogging 2/3’s of the NFL is a strong prediction.

I dont think its likely. But I can see it being a possibility. Just the fact that our offense will be running up the score is probably one reason to expect improvement. They will certainly get tested. Every OC is going to want to keep Dak and the offense off the field.