Look at schedule and tell me which 6 teams they will beat outside the div

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
run defense

I agree definitely with #2, that’ll have an impact. And you can’t be any worse than last year, you’ll definitely improve. But what investment have you made beyond adding rookies? Neal and Kazee you brought in from Atlanta are coming from a defense more maligned than even yours, and it shows by the fact you got both for under 5m$ Combined. You didn’t fix your DT problem, maybe the single biggest factor to run D, and your safeties may be worse than they were last year.

One of the biggest issues with making predictions based on nfl ranking is relativity. Who are you saying is now inferior in run defense to the Cowboys? Seattle? Minnesota? New England? Philadelphia? Jumping that many spots means a lot of really good run defense are now worse than the worst run defense Dallas has ever had because… you got rookies, same as everyone else? You brought in Dan Quinn?

I agree you’ll improve, but leapfrogging 2/3’s of the NFL is a strong prediction.

Gallimore 2nd year, Urban is a great run defender. Parsons will definitely help. He is a stud against the run. Neal is a beast and then we added the rookies. Osa and Bohanna. Gregory a full TC. LVE is healthy this year. I just see an opportunity for a big jump.

catiii

Reaction score
If and when they get to playoffs again, they have to play teams outside the div! the good teams lol outside the div.
they need 6-8 wins outside the div to be a good team.

Now look at the schedule and tell me which 6-8 teams they will beat outside the div lol.

Dallas can count on 3 maybe 4 div wins, but the most would be 6.
6+6 = 12 wins. 4+6= 10 wins

So aside from div games, do you see 6 wins?
If they cant win outside the div, they either wont make playoffs, or they will be one and done.
2021 Cowboys schedule

1: at Buccaneers
2: at Chargers
3: Eagles
4: Panthers
5: Giants
6: at Patriots

7: Bye

8: at Vikings
9: Broncos
10: Falcons
11: at Chiefs
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving)
13: at Saints
14: at Washington
15: at Giants
16: Washington
17: Cardinals
18: at Eagles
I see 6-7 potential wins, outside div, but not sure they can do it. Big maybe.
Sorry but I don't see 7 wins on the year. 7-10. Nothing has changed but personnel and I got a feeling lots of good players won't make the 53 or will be on the bench in favor of the more expensive contracts..Jerry always wants his money's worth regardless of talent. Triple triple Whataburger yes man coach still here. The bogan country club atmosphere still exists. Rich boys showing off their threads when they get off the plane and signing autographs for players in front of fans after the game then running off (Zeke) and tapping out at important times during a posession (Zeke). Alcohol parties, low standards and poor decisons (Zeke Dak etc). Dat don't impress us much down here on Robicheaux Bayou. We'll be watchin dem Saints over da Boys - and I do mean boys - given any schedule conflict between the two. Gonna be a lot of disappointed fans this year oooooweeeeeee...and lots of blame to go around but MOST WILL LAND ON DAK and for good reason. I'll never forget his target throwing with Carr. Dak lost - badly. How do I know? Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo told me not to wager not a thing on dem boys this year but always entertaining to watch Jerry's face when his team beats itself especially when it's due to someone he paid BIG. It's going to be fun to watch either way. JoDee Messina said it best: "My give a darn's busted."

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see 7 wins on the year. 7-10. Nothing has changed but personnel and I got a feeling lots of good players won't make the 53 or will be on the bench in favor of the more expensive contracts..Jerry always wants his money's worth regardless of talent. Triple triple Whataburger yes man coach still here. The bogan country club atmosphere still exists. Rich boys showing off their threads when they get off the plane and signing autographs for players in front of fans after the game then running off (Zeke) and tapping out at important times during a posession (Zeke). Alcohol parties, low standards and poor decisons (Zeke Dak etc). Dat don't impress us much down here on Robicheaux Bayou. We'll be watchin dem Saints over da Boys - and I do mean boys - given any schedule conflict between the two. Gonna be a lot of disappointed fans this year oooooweeeeeee...and lots of blame to go around but MOST WILL LAND ON DAK and for good reason. I'll never forget his target throwing with Carr. Dak lost - badly. How do I know? Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo told me not to wager not a thing on dem boys this year but always entertaining to watch Jerry's face when his team beats itself especially when it's due to someone he paid BIG. It's going to be fun to watch either way. JoDee Messina said it best: "My give a darn's busted."
Sorry but I don't see 7 wins on the year...... I would like to bet with you on that lol, but it is possible.
I think that is too low, last year player quit on dalton,but they will play hard for their bud dak.
I think we got some good rookies, just dont know how much they will be used.

lots of good players won't make the 53 or will be on the bench in favor of the more expensive contracts regardless of talent. .....yeah he does do that.

Still I think most of what you say will affect them in playoffs more than reg season .
Who is going to be the saints qb?? fill me in on that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you believe they jump over 21 other teams also trying to improve their defenses based on the major defensive changes you made this offseason?
I dont care about rankings, that is all flawed.
The important thing is stopping the other team from scoring points. and doing that enough in each game to help win THAT GAME.
I think the players they got and the new dc will help them allow fewer points.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Prediction:

After an 0-2 start, the Cowboys go on a 4-game winning
streak as they head into the bye week. They return to win the
next 3 games before losing in KC. (7-3 record at this point)

They take another loss on Turkey Day to the Raiders in a
strange matchup that was lost despite being dominate most
of the game. They crush the Saints. They lose in Washington.
(8-5)

Dallas rebounds in the big Apple with a convincing victory.
Then they host the "Commanders!" to win in a 4th quarter run away
of what was actually a tight game.

They close out hosting Arizona, who steals one. And defeat
the "iggles" in Phithy as the scum of Philadelphia head for the
exits early. (11-6)

Out of division victories over the Panthers, Pats, Vikings, Broncos, Falcons
and Saints.

-The 'Skins defense will be tough and keep them in every game.
Fitz-magic will have his 4-game stretch of big numbers.
-The Giants may look good early but fade well before Halloween.
-The Eagles. Well, I hate the Eagles. So, maybe not the fairest
assessment here, but I bet they suck all year.
-Dallas wins the East by 1 or 2 games, but the Commanders will
put up a fight and just miss the wildcard by a tiebreaker.

(Just for fun)

DanA

Reaction score
run defense

I agree definitely with #2, that’ll have an impact. And you can’t be any worse than last year, you’ll definitely improve. But what investment have you made beyond adding rookies? Neal and Kazee you brought in from Atlanta are coming from a defense more maligned than even yours, and it shows by the fact you got both for under 5m$ Combined. You didn’t fix your DT problem, maybe the single biggest factor to run D, and your safeties may be worse than they were last year.

One of the biggest issues with making predictions based on nfl ranking is relativity. Who are you saying is now inferior in run defense to the Cowboys? Seattle? Minnesota? New England? Philadelphia? Jumping that many spots means a lot of really good run defense are now worse than the worst run defense Dallas has ever had because… you got rookies, same as everyone else? You brought in Dan Quinn?

I agree you’ll improve, but leapfrogging 2/3’s of the NFL is a strong prediction.

We were the 11th best run defense in 2019...what changed in 2020 that allowed 2/3rds of the league to leapfrog us?

And no, not everyone used there entire draft pretty much exclusively defense and no team got a 1st round pick that will have a bigger impact on the run defense.

And statistically inferior is not necessary inferior. I don’t for a minute think we will have a top 10 run defense, just that it could be ranked there in terms of yards per game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
so why dont you predict win or loss on all the games? lol it wont kill you. you wont lose any money, it is just for fun.
Heck predict 12 losses.

And sure most predictions are going to not pan out, but I like to do it and see how close or off I am later on.
as I stated, I have more concerns about the offense than the defense.

1: at Buccaneers - Loss
2: at Chargers- Loss
3: Eagles- win
4: Panthers-win
5: Giants- win
6: at Patriots- loss

8: at Vikings- loss
9: Broncos- win
10: Falcons- win
11: at Chiefs - loss
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving) - loss
13: at Saints - loss
14: at Washington- loss
15: at Giants - win
16: Washington- loss
17: Cardinals- loss
18: at Eagles- win
I have the Cowboys with 7 wins and 10 losses

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well as things stand today, they should be the favorite against everyone except Tampa, KC and maybe the Chargers. This is a cake schedule.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We were the 11th best run defense in 2019...what changed in 2020 that allowed 2/3rds of the league to leapfrog us?

And no, not everyone used there entire draft pretty much exclusively defense and no team got a 1st round pick that will have a bigger impact on the run defense.

And statistically inferior is not necessary inferior. I don’t for a minute think we will have a top 10 run defense, just that it could be ranked there in terms of yards per game.

What changed was eluded to in 2015.

The best defensive player the Cowboys have had in the last 20 years isn’t Demarcus Ware, its 2014 Demarco Murray. I think if Zeke gets back to form that’ll be a bigger boon than Dan Quinn could ever give.

DanA

Reaction score

The best defensive player the Cowboys have had in the last 20 years isn’t Demarcus Ware, its 2014 Demarco Murray. I think if Zeke gets back to form that’ll be a bigger boon than Dan Quinn could ever give.

Was it Murray or the O-line? But I agree with the sentiment, I think most of the improvement in rushing yards against comes from a healthier offense (Dak, Collins, Smith). Really, that probably gives us a stronger offense than 2019 on paper but it remains to be seen if they can stay healthy.

As for Dan Quinn...it might be that the only guy with a more dated defense is Rod Marinelli, but like Marinelli, Quinn can teach and IMO just getting players to improve is a big upgrade from Mike Nolan....hopefully the offense does enough to carry the rest.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I agree lol.
And the jones boys only wanted to pay him 4 mil a year lol.
But ewok who is the round 1 pick, they pay him 15 mil a year!
great minds lol.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1: at Buccaneers L
2: at Chargers L
3: Eagles W
4: Panthers W
5: Giants L
6: at Patriots W

8: at Vikings L
9: Broncos W
10: Falcons W
11: at Chiefs L
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving) L
13: at Saints W
14: at Washington L
15: at Giants W
16: Washington W
17: Cardinals L
18: at Eagles L

8-9 atleast we can not go 8-8 anymore.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Your a little heavy on the losses.
We win at home on thanksgiving vs the Raiders.
We beat the Saints and we smoke em in der house.
We win 3 in a row the following week at Washington.

75boyz

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. I'm at one less win with the loss coming to a divisional opponent.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Your a little heavy on the losses.
We win at home on thanksgiving vs the Raiders.
We beat the Saints and we smoke em in der house.
We win 3 in a row the following week at Washington.
Dak has yet to see that Pass rusher for Washington. Plus those two games are at the end of the season. I expect Tyron to be out or hurting by Thanksgiving. Saints figured out how to play Dak last time and will just follow that. Impredict these schedules every season and the Cowboys will have one unexpected big win and one real head scratcher of a loss. It's all gonna even out and in the end they will most likely be 7 -10 or maybe 8-9

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I think we could beat any of those teams, they just have to show up and play

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If and when they get to playoffs again, they have to play teams outside the div! the good teams lol outside the div.
they need 6-8 wins outside the div to be a good team.

Now look at the schedule and tell me which 6-8 teams they will beat outside the div lol.

Dallas can count on 3 maybe 4 div wins, but the most would be 6.
6+6 = 12 wins. 4+6= 10 wins

So aside from div games, do you see 6 wins?
If they cant win outside the div, they either wont make playoffs, or they will be one and done.
2021 Cowboys schedule

1: at Buccaneers
2: at Chargers
3: Eagles
4: Panthers
5: Giants
6: at Patriots

8: at Vikings
9: Broncos
10: Falcons
11: at Chiefs
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving)
13: at Saints
14: at Washington
15: at Giants
16: Washington
17: Cardinals
18: at Eagles
Panthers, broncos, falcons, raiders, saints, cardinals.....maybe chargers, but we may start 0-2 and this whole board is going to blow up