Video: Look at this pitiful effort from Brandon Carr

Zordon

Reaction score
1:36:00 mark in the video (9:35 left in the 4th quarter), the Bucs throw a screen to Doug Martin. Carr literally lets the back run by him without making any effort to bring him down leading to Martin gaining 10+ more yards. The guy is literally stealing money from Jerry. We have a lot of offseason needs, but the #1 priority should be replacing the majority of this wimpy secondary.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
He is not the only one, Crawford, Hardy, Claiborne, Wilcox, Church...........

Zordon

Reaction score
He is not the only one, Crawford, Hardy, Claiborne, Wilcox, Church...........

I don't really see a lack of effort with those guys with the exception of Claiborne, who does not like to tackle. We have two starting corners who are scared of tackling.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
How about when Carr was blocked like that guy on the blindside vs Philly on that OT TD play, while Huff played the role of Michael Oher.

dupree89

Reaction score
when I comment about this guy I always need to add this disclaimer....I was all for having him be a Cowboy.

But...I cant wait til we have someone suitable to replace this clown.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He was okay in 2012 and 2013, I don't he was ever a GREAT corner for us but I never expected him to be.

Something slipped for him mentally in 2014.

robbieruff

Reaction score
My issue with Carr is he does virtually nothing spectacular or heady. Even his blitz and the near fumble. A heavier player would've tomahawked the ball as Winston was in his wind up. You hit he QB from his blind side means you should automatically go for the strip sack - not just "wrap him up" as Carr merely did. Granted that the timing still nearly caused the fumble but he could've virtually assured it with a proper technique on that play. That sequence is the essence of Carr's underwhelming level of play.

Junglist

Reaction score
My issue with Carr is he tries to tackle people by their feet. A little stutter step is all that's needed to prevent that, or if you're Demarco, you just jump over him.

superonyx

Reaction score
I watched the video and saw a player getting held by the WR. I didn't see a lack of effort.
It's strange to have so much venom for Carr when he has been our best cover corner and we only gave up 10 points. Our offense has failed to score a TD in 3 of the last 6 games and you feel this is a great time to rip into Brandon Carr.

I see fans are now calling for Hardy, McClain, Church, Carr, Wilcox, ect....
I guess you are satisfied with the production we have gotten from McFadden, T Will, Beasley, Hanna, Escobar, Lawrence, Gregory, Church, ect..

This is a strange place at times.

Zordon

Reaction score
I watched the video and saw a player getting held by the WR. I didn't see a lack of effort.
It's strange to have so much venom for Carr when he has been our best cover corner and we only gave up 10 points. Our offense has failed to score a TD in 3 of the last 6 games and you feel this is a great time to rip into Brandon Carr.

I see fans are now calling for Hardy, McClain, Church, Carr, Wilcox, ect....
I guess you are satisfied with the production we have gotten from McFadden, T Will, Beasley, Hanna, Escobar, Lawrence, Gregory, Church, ect..

This is a strange place at times.

SMH get your eyes checked asap.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
holding on the WR..

carr goes to set the edge on the sideline, martin goes inside, carr goes towards inside, WR holds his jersey then arm..

there are a LOT of things to bash carr for, but this is a major reach right here

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That has been the case for many many years.

From the moment he was signed that was the case but there has been no opportunity cost.

People just seem intent on going after the ones that are being paid instead of the one's that are playing the worst. We're getting killed in the middle of the field in the passing game. Teams are able to run up the middle easily. Hayden and Church get a pass around here though. Let's complain about the one's who make money instead! @5Stars is right.