Video: Look at this pitiful effort from Brandon Carr

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
That's what I'm confused about and I'm one of the ones who thinks Mo is having a solid year but goodness. Carr was the one who atleast stopped the bleeding on Evans. I didn't think Carr was a problem.

Agreed...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
1:36:00 mark in the video (9:35 left in the 4th quarter), the Bucs throw a screen to Doug Martin. Carr literally lets the back run by him without making any effort to bring him down leading to Martin gaining 10+ more yards. The guy is literally stealing money from Jerry. We have a lot of offseason needs, but the #1 priority should be replacing the majority of this wimpy secondary.

He makes top money for a corner and is basically worthless. Yet we let Murray go so easily for less than what Carr makes right now.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He is not the only one, Crawford, Hardy, Claiborne, Wilcox, Church...........

I don't those guys are stealing money. I believe they are not world beaters. Mo, Wilcox, and Church is who they are. At one point I swear Hardy was the only guy on the Dline making plays. Crawford can be debated but I think this guy may be injured some.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't get to the 1:36 mark, because I got distracted at 1:35 where they cut to Hardy talking to opposing players and tried to make a huge deal about it. Including calling the vacated misdemeanor decision a 'heinous crime.' Man, that guy gets ridden hard for what would have been a probationary offense if it had held up.

Sorry to go off topic. I saw it live and thought they were trying to make hay out of a player jawing at another player and that it was ridiculous, but then I forgot about it.

superonyx

Reaction score
SMH get your eyes checked asap.

You may want to have your agenda checked.

• Brandon Carr is quietly having a fantastic season. Rating as the top cornerback on the Cowboys, Carr has been strong in man coverage and reliable in open field tackling. This is Carr’s longest stretch playing good football since he’s joined the Cowboys and it’s happened without the Cowboys pass-rush improving.
http://sportdfw.com/2015/11/16/cowboys-at-tampa-bay-film-review-standouts-notes-and-observations/

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
You may want to have your agenda checked.

• Brandon Carr is quietly having a fantastic season. Rating as the top cornerback on the Cowboys, Carr has been strong in man coverage and reliable in open field tackling. This is Carr’s longest stretch playing good football since he’s joined the Cowboys and it’s happened without the Cowboys pass-rush improving.
http://sportdfw.com/2015/11/16/cowboys-at-tampa-bay-film-review-standouts-notes-and-observations/

That is good info, thanks for posting it. I would agree with the OP that on the particular play Carr didn't necessarily give 100% effort though.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
when I comment about this guy I always need to add this disclaimer....I was all for having him be a Cowboy.

But...I cant wait til we have someone suitable to replace this clown.

Considering our track record with drafting or acquiring CBs through Free Agency you could be waiting a long time

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lee would have probably sniffed out that screen. Unfortunately, he was off the field sniffing the smelling salts.