Looking at the games scheduled at noon and 3 pm CST next week. Oct. 29th

offlimits

Reaction score
Dallas & Los Angeles are huge markets and the Dallas Cowboys are ALWAYS a ratings juggernaut. A bit surprised that the league and Fox did not move this game to 3 pm.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree that usually the cowboys are at 4:30 est for the ratings.

Only thing I can think is they really targeted and wanted Bengals vs Niners to be the “game of the week” in that time slot.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Dallas is scheduled around NY.

I live in NJ and I am able to see Dallas 13 out of 17 weeks on regular TV, every year.

The only games I have to go to the sports bar this year to see are Arizona, LAR, Carolina, and Washington week 18.

When the schedule comes out look to see when the Giants and the Jets are playing and you'll know when Dallas will be scheduled.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas & Los Angeles are huge markets and the Dallas Cowboys are ALWAYS a ratings juggernaut. A bit surprised that the league and Fox did not move this game to 3 pm.
It’s CBS’ doubleheader week.

The Dallas game is on FOX. It’ll be played at noon.
And the Bengals at 49ers game is the late afternoon games, west coast. So they can’t go opposite of that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Rams don't draw a bigger audience than most other "normal" teams.

Nobody in LA cares about the Rams.
:laugh:
Every game is a road game for the Rams... and many people still think the Chargers are in San Diego.

LA is a pathetic town for pro football (and much more).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I prefer the 3:35 CST games. Though I don't mind a noon game once in a while. And even a SNF game, but not 3 a year. On top of that we will be getting a MNF every year as well.
I used to love MNF when we were on, but that was when I was not living in the DFW area.

Now we get the yearly TNF game on top of the T-Day game. Usually a week after it. Which gives us 3 games in 11 days. Ratings over player safety for the NFL, as they sell us that crock of crap.

I am fine though with the Rams game being at noon. They had 2 weeks since we seen them play. Well 2 weeks, less 1 day.

Speaking of time off. Jaguars had 2 games in London. And usually if a team plays in London, then they get their bye week. They chose not to take it then, came back and played a game, then played that following TNF game. Then 10 days off, play the Steelers, then their bye week. So 1 game in 23 days.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My math has us at 8-3 under McCarthy in noon home games, including 4-0 last season.

I’d wager that number was pretty good under Garrett as well.

Prime time passing on those matchups typically suggests a weaker opponent.