Looking at the games scheduled at noon and 3 pm CST next week. Oct. 29th

Toro9

Reaction score
Regardless, You can be a great team with an above-average QB1. Dak just needs to trust his instincts and play within himself. O Line needs to step it up and that will cut down on sacks and improve the run game.

I'm really not worried about the division. Of course, if you win your division you're in the playoffs but if you need that to get into the playoffs then you're a weaker team and the odds are against you.

This team needs to be more cohesive. Play-calling needs to be more diverse. We've had some players step into a new role and succeed. Now, the coaches need to catch up.

stiletto

Reaction score
I personally prefer 12/1pm games on Sundays. I get riled up and can't sleep win or lose for Sun evening games. Even 4pm games...it's 7/8pm EST when it's over and can make for a long night getting good sleep. Sunday night games are the WORST. I hate working the next Monday no matter what happens. I'm generally bored on Sunday mornings so 1pm games are perfect. Plenty of time to calm down and start the week. LOL

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The NFL doesn’t like Dallas playing at noon. The last time we played the early slot was last season vs. Jax. I remember when the majority of our games started at 12.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dallas & Los Angeles are huge markets and the Dallas Cowboys are ALWAYS a ratings juggernaut. A bit surprised that the league and Fox did not move this game to 3 pm.
I agree that usually the cowboys are at 4:30 est for the ratings.

Only thing I can think is they really targeted and wanted Bengals vs Niners to be the “game of the week” in that time slot.
This is our first 1 o clock start all season...I hate 4 pm games and night games
The only other early Sunday afternoon start 1pm eastern, 12 noon central) for Dallas is Nov. 19th at the Panthers - who are currently 0-6.
NFL schedulers wasn't feeling the Rams as a draw, even v. the Cowboys when they slotted the game last spring...and their current record sort of confirms that.

Motorola

Reaction score
Every game is a road game for the Rams... and many people still think the Chargers are in San Diego.

LA is a pathetic town for pro football (and much more).
"The City of Angels" is first and foremost a Lakers Town..followed by the Dodgers...then the Rams in a tie for 3rd with the Trojans.

Ironically, the NFL team was the first franchise among the three major professional sports to move to LA.
Rams___1946
Dodgers___1958
Lakers___1960

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Every game is a road game for the Rams... and many people still think the Chargers are in San Diego.

LA is a pathetic town for pro football (and much more).
I don't think that's true. The Rams have a decent fanbase in L.A. Fans are more accepting of the Rams than they are the Chargers. The Rams started out in L.A., and they recently won a Super Bowl. The Chargers on the other hand, they do play an away game every week.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"The City of Angels" is first and foremost a Lakers Town..followed by the Dodgers...then the Rams in a tie for 3rd with the Trojans.

Ironically, the NFL team was the first franchise among the three major professional sports to move to LA.
Rams___1946
Dodgers___1958
Lakers___1960
I'd wager that USC is ahead of the Rams.
At least, it used to be that way.
But, yes, I agree, Lakers first, then everyone else.

I wonder if the youngsters ever wonder why they're
aren't any lakes in LA... lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't think that's true. The Rams have a decent fanbase in L.A. Fans are more accepting of the Rams than they are the Chargers. The Rams started out in L.A., and they recently won a Super Bowl. The Chargers on the other hand, they do play an away game every week.
Eh, I disagree on the Rams. There's always a ton of fans there for the away team. The Rams didn't start in LA.
Pretty sure they began in Cleveland, of all places.
Hey, did you know they were the first team to paint an emblem on their helmets? Fun fact.

The Chargers seem to be the red headed step child
there. No idea why. I wish they stayed in San Diego.
The move killed a catchy tune.
"San Diego Super Chargers..."

HungryLion

Reaction score
The only other early Sunday afternoon start 1pm eastern, 12 noon central) for Dallas is Nov. 19th at the Panthers - who are currently 0-6.
NFL schedulers wasn't feeling the Rams as a draw, even v. the Cowboys when they slotted the game last spring...and their current record sort of confirms that.
Yeah. Usually when the cowboys play 1pm games it’s against teams expected to be bad and that weren’t divisional games. In years past it was against teams like the browns and lions and such (when they sucked).

Motorola

Reaction score
I'd wager that USC is ahead of the Rams.
At least, it used to be that way.
But, yes, I agree, Lakers first, then everyone else.

I wonder if the youngsters ever wonder why they're
aren't any lakes in LA... lol.
Gen Z and Gen Alpha in SoCal most likely assume the 'Lakers' name is slang in reference to that "big lake" = the Pacific Ocean. :)

Motorola

Reaction score
Yeah. Usually when the cowboys play 1pm games it’s against teams expected to be bad and that weren’t divisional games. In years past it was against teams like the browns and lions and such (when they sucked).
Despite that no-show in Baltimore- I still think Detroit wins the NFC North.
AND --- look at that AFC North: 3 teams with a winning record - Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh --- but the consecutive AFC Championship game participant (Champions for the 2021 season) - Cincinnati has a .500 record and at the bottom of the division.

ICP

Reaction score
The Rams don't draw a bigger audience than most other "normal" teams.

Nobody in LA cares about the Rams.
:laugh:
This is true, I live in socal and rarely ever see anyone wearing any Rams gear

Motorola

Reaction score
First game this year I won't be able to see.
[/QUO
This is an advantage for us.

West Coast teams traveling east for the 1pm games is a big disadvantage for those teams
Exhibit A_ San Francisco @ Cleveland two Sundays ago (Browns had a backup QB).
It even extended into last night's MNF game - and only two time zone difference.
Does anybody think the Vikings get that win last night if the game was in California- as opposed to Minnesota?