Looking at these stats-which QB would you want

blueblood70

Reaction score
of course everyone wants a Mahomes man.

But let’s be honest. When discussing what is best for the team. Saying “let’s get a Mahomes” isn’t a legit strategy. You could draft a QB with the #1 pick for a decade straight and not land a QB as good as Mahomes is.
even Reid would be lying right now if he claimed he knew this is what mahomes would be went he got him..we all have witnessed the big time TT and other air raid type college offense QBs some getting the Heisman FAIL in the NFL so much it is scary taking qbs top 5 etc..

pretty sure Wentz was bought for far more resources then KC used on reid , i could be wrong but the eagles bet the farm on wentz while dak fell to us in the 4th/..

J12B

Reaction score
You do know that if you left out this year's stats you'd probably have many different answers.

This year's stats matter just as much as previous year's stats.

It's important to include all data when making a decision.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Why waste so much space?

You link an entirely different article than the topic lmao.
As was said, saying W-Ls is all that matters when evaluating individual player's performance is next level stupid. Anyone who thinks that should be embarrassed LOL

Obviously, was giving an example of where Belichick saying of stats are for losers and the win/loss thing applies to players and not just teams. Who would you rather have Aikman or McFlabb? Aikman sacraficed his stats but is still the better quarterback. There are also players you can pick that would have great stats and players you can pick that you know would help you win a championship.

Techsass

Reaction score
Would it be enough?
Im being real here?
Given where our D was, probably not to make a real SB run. Still think we could have found a FA on day 1 or 2 that might have taken us closer than waiting until the end of the leftovers took us.

Besides I was just replying to the fantasy that we'd spend real money on FA, if Dak would just take less.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Given where our D was, probably not to make a real SB run. Still think we could have found a FA on day 1 or 2 that might have taken us closer than waiting until the end of the leftovers took us.

Besides I was just replying to the fantasy that we'd spend real money on FA, if Dak would just take less.
Yes sir T,, as fans we complain about the players when we should be complaining about the ownership........ LOUDLY
Thats the dead end road right there, Jerry aint firing himself,,, this team is his hobby.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Obviously, was giving an example of where Belichick saying of stats are for losers and the win/loss thing applies to players and not just teams. Who would you rather have Aikman or McFlabb? Aikman sacraficed his stats but is still the better quarterback. There are also players you can pick that would have great stats and players you can pick that you know would help you win a championship.

Comparing QB stats from guys not in the same decade? In this economy? Lol. Nah thats Also stupid.

Thats why McNabb had to resort to the Aikman comparison.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Comparing QB stats from guys not in the same decade? In this economy? Lol. Nah thats Also stupid.

Thats why McNabb had to resort to the Aikman comparison.

That's still neglecting that Aikman sacrificed his stats to win, which is what you would do if you had Smith on your team. In that era, you could find other QBs with better stats than Aikman, but you'd still pick Aikman since he was better than the stats reflected.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Stats for 75 games possibly played

A) 17,240 passing yards
103 TDs
52 Ints
92 QBR
147 rushing attempts
270 yards rushing
8TDs
19 Fumbles lost

B) 17,634 passing yards
106 TDs
40 Ints
97.3 QBR
259 rushing attempts
1,314 rushing yards
24TDs
18 Fumbles lost

C) 16,732 passing yards
113 TDs
50 Ints
89.4 QBR
255 rushing attempts
1043 rushing yards
8TDs
23 fumbles lost

If you chose option A- you selected Jared Goff
If you chose option B- you selected Dak Prescott
If you chose option C- you selected Carson Wentz

But let's face it, everyone picked option B.
Personally, I'll take a solid offensive line over an over paid QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's still neglecting that Aikman sacrificed his stats to win, which is what you would do if you had Smith on your team. In that era, you could find other QBs with better stats than Aikman, but you'd still pick Aikman since he was better than the stats reflected.

regular season Aikman umm he had nearly the same amount of td to int at the end of his career 165-141..not knockings Aikman's career but that td-int ratio would be Jag if you didnt add the name with it and said would you take that guy? 248-117

yup that Romo the alleged narrative was TO Machine, bad thing waiting to happen far more Tds and less INts id say that impressive..

tony
G

248td
117ints

QBrec
78-49-0 65.3com% 34183 yards 7.9 ypa

aikman
165 games

QBrec
94-71-0 61.5 com % 32942 yards 7.0yp

TD165

Int

Tony wins in every category

i get it this is about big games however was romo surrounded by HOF talent like Aikman, that a no if you had to think about it, well theres where the haters comes from..did he have the coaching staff?

sure we ran a lot but Aikman was pretty average for RS games. he seemed totally better in the playoffs but we have short memories, this was ES team, period..Defense run game and great coaching.. titans look a lot like the old DC right now, well maybe need better WR and TE but te qb only need to be good and not the cause of the loss etc..

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak's got a strong arm and can make all the throws, but he's not a natural passer. That's why his footwork and mechanics are so important and he's looked so bad when those have broken down.

He's not the kind of guy who can change arm angles and that sort of things to make throws.

You’re right about that. Though I think people short change his ability to do it. His mechanics have consistently gotten better since he got into the league.

Plus the ability to do all the other things that allow for the pass to get off in the first place. That Dak does so well

Reaction score

A) 17,240 passing yards
103 TDs
52 Ints
92 QBR
147 rushing attempts
270 yards rushing
8TDs
19 Fumbles lost

B) 17,634 passing yards
106 TDs
40 Ints
97.3 QBR
259 rushing attempts
1,314 rushing yards
24TDs
18 Fumbles lost

C) 16,732 passing yards
113 TDs
50 Ints
89.4 QBR
255 rushing attempts
1043 rushing yards
8TDs
23 fumbles lost

The one that doesn't choke,,, that's the one you want.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I prefer option D:

12,909 passing yards
106 TDs
20 ints.
102.8 QBR
155 rushing attempts
715 rushing yards
6 TDS
4 fumbles lost

That's only in 42 games, but I don't like just comparing Prescott to Wentz and Goff. Just because those QBs aren't better doesn't mean that we shouldn't want better. We should want a Rodgers, Wilson or (stats above) Mahomes.

We've seen Dak play on a similar level his rookie year, which is what gives me hope that he can have more of those kinds of years. But frankly, Wentz and Goff aren't good enough and set the bar lower than it needs to be.
I want 2 million dollars.

Is there a way we can get one of those three? Or is it unrealistic?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak's got a strong arm and can make all the throws, but he's not a natural passer. That's why his footwork and mechanics are so important and he's looked so bad when those have broken down.

He's not the kind of guy who can change arm angles and that sort of things to make throws.
That is a great observation! I have seen it many times that when you get into playing sports at a high level, its the guy who has to work so hard on his mechanics who breaks down under pressure more often than the guy who is a natural passer. I remember some throws to Beasley Daks first year where Daks feet were planted and he didnt step into the throw and he threw the ball 5 yards short on a 15 yard throw. Most NFL QBs could make that same throw on their knees. Thats what soured me on Dak. He missed a wide open TE by 10 yards short in the Colts game arming the ball. I saw him in that QB competition with Brees, Rivers and Dalton and Dak struggled to throw the ball as well as the other guys. An NFL QB has to be able to stand tall in the pocket unable to step into a throw and take a hit from a guy coming at him and be able to complete a throw and I never see Dak doing that.

Hadenough

Reaction score

A) 17,240 passing yards
103 TDs
52 Ints
92 QBR
147 rushing attempts
270 yards rushing
8TDs
19 Fumbles lost

B) 17,634 passing yards
106 TDs
40 Ints
97.3 QBR
259 rushing attempts
1,314 rushing yards
24TDs
18 Fumbles lost

C) 16,732 passing yards
113 TDs
50 Ints
89.4 QBR
255 rushing attempts
1043 rushing yards
8TDs
23 fumbles lost

Which one of the OPs topic QBs has the highest TD passing percentage in the redzone. Thats a stat that is very important.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/redzone-passing.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/redzone-passing.htm