Looking at these stats-which QB would you want

HungryLion

Reaction score
That is a great observation! I have seen it many times that when you get into playing sports at a high level, its the guy who has to work so hard on his mechanics who breaks down under pressure more often than the guy who is a natural passer. I remember some throws to Beasley Daks first year where Daks feet were planted and he didnt step into the throw and he threw the ball 5 yards short on a 15 yard throw. Most NFL QBs could make that same throw on their knees. Thats what soured me on Dak. He missed a wide open TE by 10 yards short in the Colts game arming the ball. I saw him in that QB competition with Brees, Rivers and Dalton and Dak struggled to throw the ball as well as the other guys. An NFL QB has to be able to stand tall in the pocket unable to step into a throw and take a hit from a guy coming at him and be able to complete a throw and I never see Dak doing that.

if you have never seen Dak do that, then you aren’t watching all the games or just ignoring the plenty of times he has done it.

Dak has literally done that last part, many times since he has been in the league.

HungryLion

Reaction score

sure. Now do rushing TD’s. Dak has the most rushing TD’s for a QB since he has been in the league. He is averaging over 5 per season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
if you have never seen Dak do that, then you aren’t watching all the games or just ignoring the plenty of times he has done it.

Dak has literally done that last part, many times since he has been in the league.
Dak won't get rid of the ball in those situations. He tucks and takes the sack. I can't ever remember a rusher coming at him and he stands straight up and delivers a quick slants or any other short pass while getting hit.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stats for 75 games possibly played

A) 17,240 passing yards
103 TDs
52 Ints
92 QBR
147 rushing attempts
270 yards rushing
8TDs
19 Fumbles lost

B) 17,634 passing yards
106 TDs
40 Ints
97.3 QBR
259 rushing attempts
1,314 rushing yards
24TDs
18 Fumbles lost

C) 16,732 passing yards
113 TDs
50 Ints
89.4 QBR
255 rushing attempts
1043 rushing yards
8TDs
23 fumbles lost

If you chose option A- you selected Jared Goff
If you chose option B- you selected Dak Prescott
If you chose option C- you selected Carson Wentz

But let's face it, everyone picked option B.

Dak has the most regular season wins despite having Garrett as his Head Coach for all but 5 games in his career.

Almost everyone rates the coaching staffs for the other 2 QBs higher than they would rate Garrett's staff.

Johnny23

Reaction score
If I had to pick a QB I wouldn't pick any of the three.

But this is a usual gotcha thread by the Dak fanboys.

J12B

Reaction score
Dak has the most regular season wins despite having Garrett as his Head Coach for all but 5 games in his career.

Almost everyone rates the coaching staffs for the other 2 QBs higher than they would rate Garrett's staff.

Very good point.

And both of those teams have had much better defenses as well for the majority of the 5 seasons.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He did his job.
Good enough to win.

This might shock you but just about every person in the sporting world will tell you that it was the ravens defense that got them to and win a Super Bowl. In that season their defense accounted for more points in three games than the offense did. The games they lost the offense only managed a field in some two but the defense held the other team to 14 points or less. Dilfer after the ravens won the Super Bowl let Dilfer go in free agency because he threw only 12 TD and ELEVEN picks. He spent the remaining 7 years of his career as a backup QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
sure. Now do rushing TD’s. Dak has the most rushing TD’s for a QB since he has been in the league. He is averaging over 5 per season.
Yes but rushing TDs have nothing to do with their passing ability. With Daks damaged ankle fill of plates and screws he probably won't be as effective rushing or as fast and he wasn't that fast to begin with.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
was watching the Rams game the other week and they said over the last 3 seasons Goff has been one of the top 3 winning QBs.
Say what you want about McVay reading and calling plays but Goff can throw strikes at key moments.

Does the Cowboys have a McVay, at the coaching helm?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak won't get rid of the ball in those situations. He tucks and takes the sack. I can't ever remember a rusher coming at him and he stands straight up and delivers a quick slants or any other short pass while getting hit.

Your memory is poor then man. He’s done it quite a few times.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No, that's the objective of the game. It is strange that this needs to be explained to you while you are calling others simpletons.

It's the objective of the game, which wasn't the topic at all. It's strange that this even needs to be explained.