Looking like Dan Quinn will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks are rumored to be waiting for Ravens Defensive Coordinator Mike MacDonald, and it looks like Washington want the Lions Offensive Coordinator Ben Johnson. That means the Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is likely to return to Dallas for the 2024 season. Both he and Mike McCarthy will be on short contracts. 2024 could be a do or die year for the Cowboys coaches. They really need to get it right.

There are some players getting near the end also: Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Leighton Vander Esch will be in the final year of their deals. Cooks is signed for one more season, also. But Lewis, Gilmore, Hankins, Pollard, Kearse, Gallimore and Tyron Smith will all be free agents.

Could the Cowboys bring back CB Anthony Brown to play the slot, since he's had a full year to heal from his injury?

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks are rumored to be waiting for Ravens Defensive Coordinator Mike MacDonald, and it looks like Washington want the Lions Offensive Coordinator Ben Johnson. That means the Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is likely to return to Dallas for the 2024 season. Both he and Mike McCarthy will be on short contracts. 2024 could be a do or die year for the Cowboys coaches. They really need to get it right.

There are some players getting near the end also: Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Leighton Vander Esch will be in the final year of their deals. Cooks is signed for one more season, also. But Lewis, Gilmore, Hankins, Pollard, Kearse, Gallimore and Tyron Smith will all be free agents.

Could the Cowboys bring back CB Anthony Brown to play the slot, since he's had a full year to heal from his injury?
I would imagine the teams that have not decided yet on a new head coach would like to talk to the some coaches from the 4 remaining teams.

Best way to gain ground is to take their coaches and free agents.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

:facepalm:

Creeper

Reaction score

I am not convinced Quinn will be coming back, even if he doesn't get a HC job. I could be wrong, but I think Jerry has held off commenting about Quinn or firing him so he doesn't damage his chances of getting an HC job somewhere else.

I would still like to know if the interviewing teams asked him what happened to his defense against GB and if so how he answered.

Gambit

Reaction score
There are some players getting near the end also: Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Leighton Vander Esch will be in the final year of their deals
Zack probably plays 2 more years. He's earned the right to decide that for himself.

Lawrence is still playing at a high level and is a leader in the defense room. He took has earned the right to say when it's time to quit and I suspect that's getting closer than not to happening.

Those 2 don't warrant any fan concern.

LVE should retire, but that's easy for us fans to say. Likely he's allowed to play his contract out, but should not prevent us from addressing the position as if he does retire.
But Lewis, Gilmore, Hankins, Pollard, Kearse, Gallimore and Tyron Smith will all be free agents.
I think Hankins returns at a good price. Kearse can go imo. I'd sign Tyron to similar deal as last year and I'd sign Lewis. Losing both him and Gilly creates a huge weakness we don't have the resources to fill.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am not convinced Quinn will be coming back, even if he doesn't get a HC job. I could be wrong, but I think Jerry has held off commenting about Quinn or firing him so he doesn't damage his chances of getting an HC job somewhere else.

I would still like to know if the interviewing teams asked him what happened to his defense against GB and if so how he answered.
I hope so...but in that case hes wasting time also interviewing and losing good DC prospects

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'd love Dan Quinn back. What happened against GB and the run this year was not his fault. We lost LVE, Diggs, Hankins for a while, Gilmore was hurt vs GB which forced us into a zone and Mazi did not take the next step.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Other than JJ, what owner in their right mind would hire this dude! After the display HIS defense put on in the second half of this past season and that ONE and DONE game against GB, it obvious that he doesn't have the ability to counter OCs that are attacking HIS broken defense.

rambo2

Reaction score

No, on Anthony Brown. It will be interesting on who they add at Linebacker and what they do to get better dtackle play. Other question marks will be how Diggs and Overshown come back from injury and what they get from Fehoko and Scott.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Zack probably plays 2 more years. He's earned the right to decide that for himself.

Lawrence is still playing at a high level and is a leader in the defense room. He took has earned the right to say when it's time to quit and I suspect that's getting closer than not to happening.

Those 2 don't warrant any fan concern.

LVE should retire, but that's easy for us fans to say. Likely he's allowed to play his contract out, but should not prevent us from addressing the position as if he does retire.

I think Hankins returns at a good price. Kearse can go imo. I'd sign Tyron to similar deal as last year and I'd sign Lewis. Losing both him and Gilly creates a huge weakness we don't have the resources to fill.
no player has the "right" to decide when he comes or goes.
Produce or pack up. Doesn't matter what you did yesterday. Today is all that matters.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Tyron Smith contract is up ? Didht know that . I would only bring him back at vet minimum given the half dozen games or so per season he needs to mend . Boy oh boy LVE is done I have no doubt and the LB position is paper thin . OL and LB critical at the draft . And find a RB to pair with Pollard ( pay cut )

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Cowboys collapse has basically deflated DQ’s value. But we’re glad to have him back. Lol

We like our guys. 12-5 “3-Peat” is best run with Jethro & Son post Jimmy’s team era.
"and there's no doubt in my mind that we're pleased with the job he's done with our defense!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.