Looking like Dan Quinn will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Got to be, he's had such a say in the draft and never treated the LB position seriously enough in terms of depth.
Really, what say did he have? How do you know this? Not trying to be a prick at all, but Jerry has all the says.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
How can DQ take any HC job at this point? Clearly he has not been the top option for the Hawks or WFT's, so why not just bow out gracefully and say he's back ?

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Hiring Dan Quinn is Basically Dan Rivera..Anybody?

GFH43sqWwAA8AoH

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Look as much as people wanna believe that they're scared to make change look I seen his defenses or at least his lack of or willingness to run out actual schemes that can stop the run play more traditional football instead of needing big turnovers high risk if the sack doesn't get there or create a turnover they can't stop anyone look at all the big games this year this is no better than rod marinelli or even at times it looks like Mike Nolan has been back...

The fact is we have a lot of really good players on defense they're not being utilized properly and we need to get better at linebacker and stopping the run and running schemes out there that can literally run those types of players out there to stop the run... His dime and nickel packages are worn out here I'm sorry he literally seems unwilling or unable to run a scheme that lines up more traditional 4334 or 335 or whatever the hell you want to call it they just don't do it here he runs his nickel and Dimes out way too much expects undersized players to somehow overachieve..

So again, I'm not sure what you're watching by saying you could get worse literally every big game this season this defense has got ran over and even in the game we nearly lost the Seattle game at home we barely got that win because his defense was terrible... Go back and check the facts I am betting more than half the games this year they gave up a touchdown or field goal on the first drive and also many games gave up a score on the very first drive out of halftime they literally getting walked over people are up in this guy's head they know what's coming he's becoming the Kellen Moore of defense it's not that he's bad but his schemes are just not getting it done...
He definitely deserves criticism but I don't think we'll be able to upgrade.

I also disagree that we have good players. Quinn lost his starting all pro CB and both starting linebackers to injury. Outside of Parsons we have slop at pass rusher, and the DTs are awful. Kearse, Wilson, Hooker are OK players who all played bad last year. We are not busting at the seams with talent here. Of course, you could make the argument that that is also Quinn's fault, and that's fair too.
How can DQ take any HC job at this point? Clearly he has not been the top option for the Hawks or WFT's, so why not just bow out gracefully and say he's back ?
Could be he last chance. Both are good opportunities.

Carson

Reaction score
Because he is all that’s left lol

Whoever MacDonald picks (hopefully Seattle) Quinn will land the other job

J_Allen

Reaction score
Hiring Dan Quinn is Basically Dan Rivera..Anybody?

GFH43sqWwAA8AoH
He's so cool wearing his hat backwards.

I have never seen a successful person who wears hats like that. Name one. You can't. It's almost as unprofessional as his defenses are.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He definitely deserves criticism but I don't think we'll be able to upgrade.

I also disagree that we have good players. Quinn lost his starting all pro CB and both starting linebackers to injury. Outside of Parsons we have slop at pass rusher, and the DTs are awful. Kearse, Wilson, Hooker are OK players who all played bad last year. We are not busting at the seams with talent here. Of course, you could make the argument that that is also Quinn's fault, and that's fair too.

Could be he last chance. Both are good opportunities.
that's hilarious you think we don't have a good set of pass rushers. with Tank opposite of MP he offset the run game stuff mp seemed to ignore and was one of our best DE last years and in the NFL most complete guy on this defense, did it ALL! batting down passes, pressures, run stopper pocket collapser, sure doesn't get the big sack numbers but just stop with we had MP and no one else!!:facepalm:

than add in fowler and Williams and Armstrong adding in a lot of sacks and pressures when the starters were out.. sure the middle of the D was suspect LBers need an upgrade but give it rest of the pass rush they were im betting a top 5 sack and pressure team without looking. Literally the same set of rusher form 2022 that were top 3 in sacks..armstrong about to get bank given his sack total from very limited snaps, 2 straight years,

all the irony is thick in here blaming the Offense ,the quarterback, & the head coach but DQ gets excuses and a break LMao.. nope bad gameplans, adjustments, and had no answer when it was going wrong, stood fast in his nickel and dime garbage!! his dbs were a top 10 unit period. Even without TD.. seriously nice excuse list..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd understood this was considered a DQ strength, actually. That is, the babble I'd heard after his hiring originally was that he'd essentially reassessed his convictions while he was unemployed... in similar vein to what McCarthy was advertised as having done... and, indeed... adapted. Hence all the success and all the regard gained as a result.

If you're going to let him go...

... then that to me is the more reasonable motive.

I just caution that that comes with its own price/risk.

I don't think the failings of the 2023 defense primarily laid with the coordinator. I believe it was personnel, and by quite a large margin. I can't know that w/o hidden mics and cams, but that's just my sense based on all I came to understand from the outside.
i've already said multiple times i wished for a complete coaching purge but since that didn't happen, IMHO we NEED a change at DC..

seriously, i saw it far differently DQ had no answer in games and game to game just stuck with his nickel and dime packages and just got ran over weekly buy better teams. they saw his weakness attacked it and HE never stopped it... i mean he literally had probably more than half the games this year stated with a score on the first drives and the first drives out of the half..

thats not being prepared and not adjusting. Proof is ALL there!!, ohh and the whole personal thing that DQ was the one who picked most of these undersized players jerry gave who he wanted to him as usual as Jerry does often, its why we didn't get TJ over taco etc..,Hes the one that somehow thought Mazi would Better LIGHTER!!! wake UP!!

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
that's hilarious you think we don't have a good set of pass rushers. with Tank opposite of MP he offset the run game stuff mp seemed to ignore and was one of our best DE last years and in the NFL most complete guy on this defense, did it ALL! batting down passes, pressures, run stopper pocket collapser, sure doesn't get the big sack numbers but just stop with we had MP and no one else!!:facepalm:

than add in fowler and Williams and Armstrong adding in a lot of sacks and pressures when the starters were out.. sure the middle of the D was suspect LBers need an upgrade but give it rest of the pass rush they were im betting a top 5 sack and pressure team without looking. Literally the same set of rusher form 2022 that were top 3 in sacks..armstrong about to get bank given his sack total from very limited snaps, 2 straight years,

all the irony is thick in here blaming the Offense ,the quarterback, & the head coach but DQ gets excuses and a break LMao.. nope bad gameplans, adjustments, and had no answer when it was going wrong, stood fast in his nickel and dime garbage!! his dbs were a top 10 unit period. Even without TD.. seriously nice excuse list..
You are way higher on Armstrong and Williams than I am. I think they're both JAGs. Dlaw is a great player, though.

CWR

Reaction score
Look as much as people wanna believe that they're scared to make change look I seen his defenses or at least his lack of or willingness to run out actual schemes that can stop the run play more traditional football instead of needing big turnovers high risk if the sack doesn't get there or create a turnover they can't stop anyone look at all the big games this year this is no better than rod marinelli or even at times it looks like Mike Nolan has been back...

The fact is we have a lot of really good players on defense they're not being utilized properly and we need to get better at linebacker and stopping the run and running schemes out there that can literally run those types of players out there to stop the run... His dime and nickel packages are worn out here I'm sorry he literally seems unwilling or unable to run a scheme that lines up more traditional 4334 or 335 or whatever the hell you want to call it they just don't do it here he runs his nickel and Dimes out way too much expects undersized players to somehow overachieve..

So again, I'm not sure what you're watching by saying you could get worse literally every big game this season this defense has got ran over and even in the game we nearly lost the Seattle game at home we barely got that win because his defense was terrible... Go back and check the facts I am betting more than half the games this year they gave up a touchdown or field goal on the first drive and also many games gave up a score on the very first drive out of halftime they literally getting walked over people are up in this guy's head they know what's coming he's becoming the Kellen Moore of defense it's not that he's bad but his schemes are just not getting it done...
Fair enough but Evans rarely saw the field and LVE was gone. Clark was a disappointment.

My biggest question is why we didn't try more when it became obvious. Perhaps the talent just wasn't out there.

Quinn was guilty more than anything for not making adjustments during the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are way higher on Armstrong and Williams than I am. I think they're both JAGs. Dlaw is a great player, though.
They are not Jags , good to great ROLE PLAYERS!

go take a look at their snap count their percentage they're on the field versus their production and you'll find out if you increase their production then their stats would go way up,

Armstrong's about to get paid bro ,watch... not saying he's a superstar but is that what you're expecting this team to do??

you you want six Major League pass rushers maybe we should go out and get miles Garrett ,Aaron Donald Add them with Micah Parsons, ohh and make sure our backups are TJ Watt and one of the bosa brothers?? that's what this team should do???​
we should literally go out and make sure that all 22 starters are all pro/ pro bowlers because that's how you think teams are built???!! you don't think teams across the board have lineups very similar?? You're gonna have key players that are superstars and a whole bunch of role players I don't know how much you watch the NFL but with a salary cap and a roster limit you literally are only gonna have about 20% of your starters that are considered stars then you have 50% that are really good at their jobs and then you have role players you need these guys the build rosters and these dudes you called Jags are actually very good when they're on the field they just don't get on the field very much because the guys in front of them are actually starters and stars... Micah Parsons in tank are two very good defensive ends and I don't know what you expect this team to do but I think that's your problem not the Dallas Cowboys problem.... On that note though we will need to find a replacement because Armstrong's gonna be picked off our team you say he's a Jag when he's about to get some good money somewhere you should go back and look at his college days it was a small college but he's showing why they put him on this team by looking at his college tape...​

Dude how much football do you actually watch?? that is very delusional your expectations are ridiculous this pass rush is very good at worst it's top ten in the league out of 32 teams... Again the center of the defense is still in need of of work that would be linebackers and defensive tackles but our pass rush does not need to be fixed that's never been a problem since Dan Quinn's been here....

erod

Reaction score
Playing safeties at LB is clearly a large part of Quinn's philosophy. Losing LVE surely made him do it more than even wanted to, but it's not like LBs getting hurt should be a shock, especially when that LB is LVE.

Quinn was largely the reason we went so thin at true LB.

What's unclear is just who is responsible for depriving the defense of their best LB - Parsons. Obviously should be a split time LB/DE.

Lack of true LBs is largely on Quinn, and good chance it's entirely so.
He wanted Bobby Wagner back like he had him in Seattle. And Kam Chancellor might have been the biggest safety in NFL history.

No, he wants linebackers who can run, just like Jimmy did.

Status
Not open for further replies.