Looking Way ahead

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Elaborate. Where are you going with this?
They will carry over 6-8m to next year so that makes them even to start
Romo will not carry a 24.7m cap hit........worst case is around 15m
They will restructure TSmith, Dez, TFred, TCrawford
They will paycut or cut Free, Hanna, Wilber and Witten

Total space available is 50m+

That is for re-signing our own guys like Mo, Church, Butler/TWill, Irving, TMcClain = 15m
Draft = 5-7m
Leaving 25m+ for no one since we don't sign FAs or make big trades

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
At this point we would be crazy to keep Romo next year. The amount of cap savings by unloading him and with Dak's rookie contract means we have an excellent 3-year window to be a legit contender each year.

Leary is puzzling because I think he's a darn good LG, but no team wanted him in a trade outside of a late round pick. I bet he goes to Washington with Callahan in Washington. I think this might be the big loss because Collins is too inconsistent.

Earlier in the year I was thinking we need to look at a dominating 3-tech like an Aaron Donald type. But the combination of Maliek Collins, Irving, T. Crawford and McClain has been quite good, if not excellent.

We need to figure out the MIKE position. I'm thinking they see Jaylon as a replacement for Sean Lee. Hitchens and Durant have done an admirable job since Hitchens is not a good fit at the position and Durant's knees are shot. Maybe if Damien Wilson can switch over, that would be a large help.

I'm a little more worried about the MIKE and the corners than anything else. I don't see Carr as being worth it. I'm liking what I see out of Claiborne, but I don't foresee a reason to pay him too much. O-Scan turns 30 in February.

We need DE help as well, but I don't think we need an elite DE. If we can find another DeMarcus Lawrence type, that would be beneficial.

And we still have to keep in mind that Witten isn't going to last forever and that if Beasley goes down, that's a huge blow to our offense. With the cap money from cutting Romo, that would help us in being able to fill holes and have some plans to help if disaster strikes.

YR