Looks like 5qbs will go in the 1st round

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I didn't forget anything. I'm just telling you if they draft Avila, he will be the left guard and Smith will be the left tackle. Tyron would then be the swing tackle. They do like Avila and I'm sure that they do like John Michael Schmitz as well. They certainly will like some of the tackles on the board as well. It will be interesting what they do with the oline. They will have some options.
The Cowboys probably like at least 5 players at 26. I guarantee you if Tyron, Steele and Tyler are healthy, Tyron will be the left tackle and Tyler will be the left guard. That was and is the plan.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I don't think Hooker will get past the Vikings at 23.

First 25 picks could go something like this:
5 qb
5 cb
4 Edge
4 wr
3 ot
2 dt
1 rb
1 lb or s

Good players plural will be available which will leave the Cowboys with a lot of options. If the above happens, they could go tight end, running back, edge, oline, or dtackle. If it goes a little bit different they will have somebody drop that you would think wouldn't be available. It will be interesting to see what they do. It looks like they will be getting a good player in the 1st regardless.
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/2023-nfl-mock-draft-c-j-stroud-still-no-1-shakeup-among-top-10

Putting too much weight in this mock

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys probably like at least 5 players at 26. I guarantee you if Tyron, Steele and Tyler are healthy, Tyron will be the left tackle and Tyler will be the left guard. That was and is the plan.
The plan isn't set in stone until after the draft.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I’m not sure about this - insiders seem to think Tyler is going stay at tackle

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m not sure about this - insiders seem to think Tyler is going stay at tackle
I don't think anything is set until after the draft. They could also draft a tackle like the tackle from OU and put Smith at guard and still use Tyron as the swing tackle.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't think Hooker will get past the Vikings at 23.

First 25 picks could go something like this:
5 qb
5 cb
4 Edge
4 wr
3 ot
2 dt
1 rb
1 lb or s

Good players plural will be available which will leave the Cowboys with a lot of options. If the above happens, they could go tight end, running back, edge, oline, or dtackle. If it goes a little bit different they will have somebody drop that you would think wouldn't be available. It will be interesting to see what they do. It looks like they will be getting a good player in the 1st regardless.
If Johnston is there you take him without hesitation.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Johnston is there you take him without hesitation.
That would give them a big deep threat that would fit in. This draft is so interesting. JSN would be hard to pass on as well. I'm sure that there will be an edge rusher there as well like Will McDonald.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
That would give them a big deep threat that would fit in. This draft is so interesting. JSN would be hard to pass on as well. I'm sure that there will be an edge rusher there as well like Will McDonald.
Think they would pass on Johnson at 26 but not JSN - wasn’t Bobby Belt hearing that teams were disappointed in Johnson’s weight at the combine.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The plan isn't set in stone until after the draft.
Come on brother we talking about the Joneses. Zeke has been washed the last two seasons and he was receiving the late game reps over Pollard. Your only hope is that Tyron gets injured. :thumbup: We all know that is going to happen. It’s a good chance they draft a left guard in the first 3 rounds.

ghst187

Reaction score
A good chance that 3 of them will not be good. I think that Hooker is going to be good.
I like Stroud a lot, I like Young pretty well, I think Hooker could be really good maybe even the highest ceiling…I think Levis and Richardson…no idea what people see in them…look like busts to me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you are low on OL. Some need starters and all need backups and it is not a great QB/WR draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
Come on brother we talking about the Joneses. Zeke has been washed the last two seasons and he was receiving the late game reps over Pollard. Your only hope is that Tyron gets injured. :thumbup: We all know that is going to happen. It’s a good chance they draft a left guard in the first 3 rounds.
I'll stick with if they draft a guard in the 1st round, that guard will be a starter. That doesn't mean that that is what they are going to do, but it is a possibility and a Avila or Schmitz pick does make sense. Tyron might retire in 2024 and Tyler B. will be a free agent.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'll stick with if they draft a guard in the 1st round, that guard will be a starter. That doesn't mean that that is what they are going to do, but it is a possibility and a Avila or Schmitz pick does make sense. Tyron might retire in 2024 and Tyler B. will be a free agent.
Good chance the Cowboys draft either guard prospect. They have had eyes on both of them. Good players would like them on the team.

tm1119

Reaction score
If you are correct you just put a lot of good players on the board for the Cowboys. I don't see any way that the 5 qbs don't go.
You don’t “see any way” Hendon Hooker doesn’t go in the 1st round? How? What kind of crystal ball are you using? I’m not saying there’s no shot he doesn’t, but just because there was 1 quick report that the Vikings were looking into Hooker doesn’t make it a sure thing what so ever.

Proof

Reaction score
You don’t “see any way” Hendon Hooker doesn’t go in the 1st round? How? What kind of crystal ball are you using? I’m not saying there’s no shot he doesn’t, but just because there was 1 quick report that the Vikings were looking into Hooker doesn’t make it a sure thing what so ever.
do you know how predictions work? lol. stop being so literal dude

Verdict

Reaction score
A good chance that 3 of them will not be good. I think that Hooker is going to be good.
If a QB falls, and you believe that he is a franchise caliber QB (Dak or better—hopefully better) you pull the trigger at 26 and take him and let him compete with Dak from day 1 for the starting QB position.

Unlikely he starts day 1, but you make it a fair competition from day 1, just like every other position.

Verdict

Reaction score
That may well be the case, but I’m not so sure.