Looks like another year of cheap/injured/washed up Free Agents for us

Sydla

Reaction score
First, do you understand the GB Pack only edged the Cowboys out of the all-time winningest team by, .003 percentage points?

Second, it took the Packers having a 13-3 record just last year to overtake the Cowboys with that distinction.

Third, It's not been a straight quarter-century of bad seasons by the Cowboys. Jerry Jones won 3 world titles in the first 8 years he owned the team and has had a few really good seasons since then. Your spin on the Jerry Jones era is definitely more negative than it deserves. 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 seasons in a very big deal.

First, I don't really care about all time winning percentage. I've never mentioned it or addressed it or used it as part of my argument. So how or why the Packers edged us out is meaningless to me. If they go 1-15 this year and we go 7-9 and seize it back, still would be meaningless to me.

Second who said a straight 25 years of "bad seasons"? No one uttered that phrase. It's been 25 years of lack of any real playoff success. That's an undeniable fact. At the end of the day, teams, GMs, coaches are judged by playoff success and championships. Not if they won 12 games in a random season here or there. What good is going 13-3 if you get booted from the playoffs right away?

Yes, 3 SBs in 4 years is great. Except when you haven't come within spitting distance of even coming close to that for 25 years, therein lies the problem. So to argue that Jerry Jones is some great GM because he helped build a SB caliber team over 25 years ago but has amassed just FOUR PLAYOFF WINS in the last 25 years, that's just kind of silly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First, I don't really care about all time winning percentage. I've never mentioned it or addressed it or used it as part of my argument. So how or why the Packers edged us out is meaningless to me. If they go 1-15 this year and we go 7-9 and seize it back, still would be meaningless to me.

Second who said a straight 25 years of "bad seasons"? No one uttered that phrase. It's been 25 years of lack of any real playoff success. That's an undeniable fact. At the end of the day, teams, GMs, coaches are judged by playoff success and championships. Not if they won 12 games in a random season here or there. What good is going 13-3 if you get booted from the playoffs right away?

Yes, 3 SBs in 4 years is great. Except when you haven't come within spitting distance of even coming close to that for 25 years, therein lies the problem. So to argue that Jerry Jones is some great GM because he helped build a SB caliber team over 25 years ago but has amassed just FOUR PLAYOFF WINS in the last 25 years, that's just kind of silly.
So... I'll mark you down as no longer a Cowboys fan(if you ever were one). And I'll continue to root for my Cowboys from the seat at AT&T stadium that I own the PSL on. I'll buy the Cowboys merch and you don't have to. I'm a true Blue fan for life. You don't have to be. Are okay if we do that?

Sydla

Reaction score
So... I'll mark you down as no longer a Cowboys fan(if you ever were one). And I'll continue to root for my Cowboys from the seat at AT&T stadium that I own the PSL on. I'll buy the Cowboys merch and you don't have to. I'm a true Blue fan for life. You don't have to be. Are okay if we do that?

I'll still be a Cowboys fan but I won't be an ignorant sucker who won't strongly criticize the biggest issue that has led to 25 years of some of the worst postseason success in the entire NFL. You get that right? The Dallas Cowboys, under the direct control of Jerry Jones, has had some of the worst postseason success of any NFL team in the last 25 years. That's not hyperbole or exaggeration. It's a legitimate fact. Their 4 wins in the playoffs over that period ranks them near the bottom of the entire NFL.

The fact you think swallowing whatever Jerry sells you and praising him for it makes you some sort of super fan is actually kind of sad. I expected more from most Cowboys fans.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'll still be a Cowboys fan but I won't be an ignorant sucker who won't strongly criticize the biggest issue that has led to 25 years of some of the worst postseason success in the entire NFL. You get that right? The Dallas Cowboys, under the direct control of Jerry Jones, has had some of the worst postseason success of any NFL team in the last 25 years. That's not hyperbole or exaggeration. It's a legitimate fact. Their 4 wins in the playoffs over that period ranks them near the bottom of the entire NFL.

The fact you think swallowing whatever Jerry sells you and praising him for it makes you some sort of super fan is actually kind of sad. I expected more from most Cowboys fans.
Okay, I gotcha. Not a Jerry Jones fan. We can agree to disagree about that and still have fun together at a CZ tailgating party, right?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
First, do you understand the GB Pack only edged the Cowboys out of the all-time winningest team by, .003 percentage points?

Second, it took the Packers having a 13-3 record just last year to overtake the Cowboys with that distinction.

Third, It's not been a straight quarter-century of bad seasons by the Cowboys. Jerry Jones won 3 world titles in the first 8 years he owned the team and has had a few really good seasons since then. Your spin on the Jerry Jones era is definitely more negative than it deserves. 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 seasons in a very big deal.

By the way, just to be accurate, 2 of those 3 wins were 27 and 28 years ago, so you can't include them in the "it's not 25 years of bad decisions", they weren't in the last 25 years time span.

Oh so Jerry won the 3 titles, eh? Spent 25 years in the oil business, bought the Cowboys and just waltzed into the NFL and won titles within 4 years over teams, coaches and owners that had been in the league for decades.

Not saying Jerry had nothing to do with it, his pushing for Emmitt was a sharp move, though one has to wonder if he did that because running back, especially at that time period, was one of the "flash" positions that Jerry seems to love drafting.

But if he was that smart, how come he's won a grand total of only FOUR playoff games in the ensuing 25 years? Not even in an NFC championship game, one of only a HANDFUL of teams that haven't been. Even the hapless Jets have made one of those.

Yes you're right that it's not been a straight quarter-century of bad seasons, IF you're talking about regular season wins, they've had two 13-3 seasons, a 12-4 season and an 11-5 season. Those aren't bad seasons in that sense.

But a few good seasons sprinkled in doesn't mean the team hasn't overall been as good as the Packers in the last 25 years.

JReed1000

Reaction score
I love the perception that we need to sign our QB for cheap so we can use the money on other players....BUT...its never happens. WE NEED DEFENSE!!!!! Get some starters Jerry...PLEASE!!!

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Everyone posting here is a Cowboys fan dude...you’re not special just because you love Jerry Jones

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Everyone posting here is a Cowboys fan dude...you’re not special just because you love Jerry Jones
Not everyone. Stick around long enough and you'll observe that's not true. If you want to call yourself a Cowboys fan that's fine with me.