Twitter: Looks Like Maher's Job Is Safe

Carson

Reaction score
Who else could they bring in at this time that would be an improvement ?

Anybody. Dude is 1-6 from 40-49 in his last 6. Not to mention the misses under 35

It just what this franchise stinks of. No matter how bad I play or perform, I will start and have a job

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
4 games left. Replacing the kicker is hosing off the hog and putting it back in the sty.
Now you're devaluing Special Teams, which one of many things that has gotten this franchise into trouble. We've lost two games by 2 points and another two games by 4 points.

If you see an upgrade out there, you take it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mind you we are 31st in the NFL in FG kicking percentage since 2018. Mind blowing, but I've become numb to the garbage that goes on in this organization.

The reality is there is no one out there at this point so this is Stephen just trying to pretend the Cowboys have complete faith in him.

In reality, if there were some good kickers out there in FA, they'd be making a move.

Stephen learned from his dad how to shovel the crap with the best of them.

links18

Reaction score
The Jones Boyz like their toys and that is what Maher is at this point. Hits multiple 60 plus FGs and doinks from 40.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Now you're devaluing Special Teams, which one of many things that has gotten this franchise into trouble. We've lost two games by 2 points and another two games by 4 points.

That's why you don't go into the season with a kicker like him.

Why are we giving him more time than we gave Bailey?

RodeoJake

Reaction score

I'm not devaluing the position at all. It's something to address in the offseason. All it does now is change us from an 7 and 9 team to maybe 8 and 8. This season is sunk. The time to replace Maher was much earlier.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
That's why you don't go into the season with a kicker like him.

Why are we giving him more time than we gave Bailey?
Maher was a substantial discount. Bailey would've costed millions, so Stephen grabbed this guy to free up some cap.

You get what you pay for.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Garrett has to play out the season with what he's got....no help comin' from up top.

dwreck27

Reaction score
This season is a joke

Feels like a weekly gut check of asking why I follow this team so closely

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice, either him or someone in the FO is reading our posts? Don't yall find it odd that tweet came out after someone posted something about our kicker?