Twitter: Looks Like Maher's Job Is Safe

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Patriots sign a new kicker practically every couple of weeks, so I dont get how there can be nobody better out there. You miss a pair of kicks in New England and Belicheck cleans out your locker and throws all of your stuff out the front door of the facility. Doesn't matter if he has to sign a CFL kicker to replace you, missing kicks is not tolerated. And if that new CFL kicker misses some, he is gone too.

The Cowboys are too much into Participation trophies where just trying is all that matters.:facepalm:
Exactly, the patriots have gone through so many kickers this year and they still dont have one they trust. So what's the point in dumping trash for trash? At least the cowboys have a guy with a huge leg that can give you a chance from long range.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Exactly, the patriots have gone through so many kickers this year and they still dont have one they trust. So what's the point in dumping trash for trash? At least the cowboys have a guy with a huge leg that can give you a chance from long range.

The guy is great from 60 but he sucks from 35-40 that's why

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They're so in love with those 60 yard field goals.
Exactly!! Jerry likes the show! The show is #1 with emotional old Jerry!!!! “Hey look at our guy, he has kicked three 60 yard FG’s, but Jerry he is the least accurate kicker in the league. What did I say, he kicks 60 yard FG’s”.

This organization is dumb. I wanted to get rid of the circus side show kicker last year!!!!!

Xeven

Reaction score
Pay me 1/4 Maher salary and I guarantee I will be as accurate.

KB1122

Reaction score
If we would go for it inside the 40 most of the time, Maher would be the perfect kicker - when extending scoring range becomes more valuable than close-in accuracy and consistency. We're not that team.

Satchel89

Reaction score
It's more important to be able to hit from 60 occasionally than to be able to kick consistently between 30 and 40 yards I guess

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Mind you we are 31st in the NFL in FG kicking percentage since 2018. Mind blowing, but I've become numb to the garbage that goes on in this organization.

This is so silly. Atlanta ( I think) got someone off the streets and has started making field goals. Maher is a bad experiment gone wrong. I bet the reason why he's around is because the FO can't admit their mistakes. If that's the case just hire a real GM.

jnday

Reaction score
It is pretty rare for someone who underperforms to lose their job. Sad
I brought up that some more kickers should be brought in during preseason and the zoners here blasted me. Maher has always been inconsistent, but I can’t get over why the team or fans defend him so much. It is even funnier that most of the posters now deny it and want him gone.

zerofill

Reaction score
lol Probably not making a change, because Stephen likes that salary... I mean they went from paying like $3mil a year, to what? $500k or so?

You would think Stephen pockets the leftover salary cap somehow lol.

Brooksey

Reaction score
What great kicker are you going to find sitting in free agency right now?

That’s not what you said.. now you’re asking a question. You should have done that in the first place.To answer I’m not sure and it’s not my job to know. There must be someone who is more consistent from short range then him

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not only did Maher miss mediocre FGs, the team decided to punt on one play and go for it on 4th on another play instead of kicking.

That's a problem.

Big_D

Reaction score
Does it even matter at this point? New coach new kicker in 2020!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This reminds me of their inability to make positions better in the offseason. You know, like safety? The idea that they're content is unreal.