Twitter: Looks Like Maher's Job Is Safe

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Mind you we are 31st in the NFL in FG kicking percentage since 2018. Mind blowing, but I've become numb to the garbage that goes on in this organization.

not surprising. No other kickers are being looked at by other organizations and their kickers are doing even worse. Koo is safe and countless others unless it’s continuous. There isn’t much FA kicker talent out there or they’d be starting. Not sure what the talent looks like in college but hopefully it’s good.

Maher’s leg from downtown is pretty insane.

CB61

Reaction score
Only because the Patriots have taken 3 of the only decent kickers left out there LOL

Beaker42

Reaction score
Mind you we are 31st in the NFL in FG kicking percentage since 2018. Mind blowing, but I've become numb to the garbage that goes on in this organization.

Stephen, we are confident you are an inept excuse for an NFL owner.

Fire407

Reaction score
Did anyone really believe that they would look at kickers after yesterday? I knew that Maher's job was safe and they were just talking to appease the fan base. We could get a better kicker, but I'm sure they are terrified that we do worse.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Who else could they bring in at this time that would be an improvement ?
nobody, kickers miss fg's, I was watching a game the other day, and the kicker missed 1st kick and then 2nd kick.
Buffalo kicker missed fg and extra point, and this is in a dome ! lol.
also cowboys know maher is better from the right hash, yet continue to set him up on the left hash!
Also you cant expect fg's to be consistent after 45 yds.

Silly

Reaction score
nobody, kickers miss fg's, I was watching a game the other day, and the kicker missed 1st kick and then 2nd kick.
Buffalo kicker missed fg and extra point, and this is in a dome ! lol.
also cowboys know maher is better from the right hash, yet continue to set him up on the left hash!
Also you cant expect fg's to be consistent after 45 yds.

I don't know. Something is in the water these last two seasons. I can't remember a time when I have see so many missed kicks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't know. Something is in the water these last two seasons. I can't remember a time when I have see so many missed kicks.
well it looks easy lol. but I went out one time and my range was about 20 yds lol.
but those long kicks would be hard, plus there is a timing issue , snap, hold, approach, and kick .
I think each hold is a little different, and if the snap is off even a little it can affect the holder, hold and kick.
Teams should put more work on the long snap and the hold, so each one is precise.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The reality is there is no one out there at this point so this is Stephen just trying to pretend the Cowboys have complete faith in him.

In reality, if there were some good kickers out there in FA, they'd be making a move.

Stephen learned from his dad how to shovel the crap with the best of them.

Patriots sign a new kicker practically every couple of weeks, so I dont get how there can be nobody better out there. You miss a pair of kicks in New England and Belicheck cleans out your locker and throws all of your stuff out the front door of the facility. Doesn't matter if he has to sign a CFL kicker to replace you, missing kicks is not tolerated. And if that new CFL kicker misses some, he is gone too.

The Cowboys are too much into Participation trophies where just trying is all that matters.:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So we are going to write a storybook ending when we go 4-0 sweep through the playoffs to the SB with a kicker that can’t make a 35 yarder indoors?

We wont be kicking any stinking FGs bro, we are going on this magical run and every possession is a TD baby!!!

People are going to be talking about this 30 years from now its going to be so glorious!!!

:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gotta a feeling it's gonna come down to that in a rainy Philadelphia...to stay alive. How confident are you... he makes that kick? :rolleyes:

Well I am hoping we dont make the playoffs at this point, cant trust Jerry not to have another crying session and convince himself that Garrett just needs another year. So, sending out Shankapotamus with the game on line in a driving rain storm in Philly is fine with me.

I actually prefer it:thumbup:

birdwells1

Reaction score
They're so in love with those 60 yard field goals.
That can only be attempted at the end of halves or games.

I think JJ is just done and is riding it out until the end of the season then let JG go. It's the same reason they hired Kellen Moore, they didnt want to invest in a high cost OC because they would be stuck with the salary if they fired the whole staff after the season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They will fire KQuinn after the season.

maybe the new ST Coord will fix Mahers problems.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I've been telling you all for some time.

The Jones are much more interested in being right than they are in being good.

Also, good to see Garrett still has some sway here.

After the game, in full throw-someone-under-the-bus mode, Garrett said they will be looking at kickers.

Stephen said hold on there little buddy.