Looks like we're going to sign DLaw to long-term deal

aria

Reaction score
Really hope he’s a Cowboy come September. He’s a great player and person on and off the field.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
no complaints about that, guy is a force
DLaw is a worker...a lead by example kind of guy. He may be flashy at times, but he's got a solid blue collar approach to practice & play. (same goes for T Crawford)

Frankly, when you see how other players (poorly) handled their contract situations this season, I appreciate that he signed quick and got right to work.

I think it's why we saw guys like Randy really shine once he was focused and guys like Malik Collins, Antwaun Woods, and even Daniel Ross looked good.

I'm hoping Dorance Armstrong steps up this offseason and pushes Taco Charlton (and vice versa).

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
No it didn't.

The comps he's going to point to are Khalil Mack and Von Miller. Mack signed at an average of $23.5 which is 13.2% of the cap. Miller signed at 11.2%.

If Lawrence gets 11% of next year's cap (.1% higher than Vernon), assuming $190m, that's $21.9m/year, but still a lower cap hit than both Mack and Miller. More likely, he's around 10.5%, which is $20m.

Dollars doesn't matter, cap % does. At a $190m cap next year, $20m will be the equivalent of about $17.5m in 2017.

Those arent his comps. I'd say 1 tier below but otherwise I agree.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Just the first of many pieces I hope the cowboys resign... Young team.. grow together.. get better together.. and hopefully finally get over the hump together.. I like the continuity

Hadenough

Reaction score
Let the spending begin! The Cowboys are going to have to pay Lawrence around 4 years 75 mil possible 4 years 80 mil.