Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | 2nd Half Thread *** No Dak posts! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I mean there’s no reason not to. The only thing is with him we are trying to do something that’s never been done. Turning a 4 year project to a solid quarterback. Hasn’t been done and probably won’t be but might as well do it since we traded a 4th for him.
Right! Honestly I don’t have solid answer on his ceiling. He’s up and down but there is definitely talent there. As you said it hasn’t been done but I think he may get his shot in a year. He’s a conundrum

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Being able to run is a nice weapon, but you’re not going to win consistently if a QB can’t throw the ball consistently. This is why the Bears gave up on Justin Fields.

Josh Allen is more an example of the type of QB with legs that every other QB with legs should follow. He worked on his throwing ability and became a great passer. While also keeping his legs in his arsenal enough to be able to hurt defenses by rushing for first downs and extending drives when he needed to use his legs to do so.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Let's put Cooper Rush at #2 with his lame arm. Lance is the #2 and he will only get better.
That is the standard contingency , but if starting QB is injured early, then we should try out Lance to see if he canbe long term solution or not

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right! Honestly I don’t have solid answer on his ceiling. He’s up and down but there is definitely talent there. As you said it hasn’t been done but I think he may get his shot in a year. He’s a conundrum
Aye….theres nothing that really will hurt you doing it. Unless they sign him to a big deal and that would be a problem. He should be less than 5 million a year.

J_Allen

Reaction score
And there’s no comparison. I like mobile quarterbacks to but it doesn’t equate to winning if you can’t throw.
I've never liked mobile quarterbacks who can't throw. And don't like the ones you can throw for that matter. We've only had one, romo but I saw McNabb light us up way too many times and I still have flashbacks.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of the time when I click on a new thread or something - it goes to a full page ad - I have to click out of it, then it goes to the thread.

Someone liked my question to you so I'm assuming he gets it too.
Wow, I don’t know because I have the “Legion of Fans” thing. No ads. Sorry man, I can’t see those ads.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've never liked mobile quarterbacks who can't throw. And don't like the ones you can throw for that matter. We've only had one, romo but I saw McNabb light us up way too many times and I still have flashbacks.
Romo was never truly mobile though. I think Lamar has come a long way as a quarterback but even it isn’t enough and this is probably the best running qb we’ve seen to date.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Josh Allen is more an example of the type of QB with legs that every other QB with legs should follow. He worked on his throwing ability and became a great passer. While also keeping his legs in his arsenal enough to be able to hurt defense by rushing for first downs and extending drives when he needed to use his legs to do so.
The deal with Josh Allen, he’s a powerful runner. It’s not about speed and elusiveness with him. However, he’s a good passer.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's very rare to see a Staubach, Tarkenton, or Steve Young type QB who throw and pass. It's usually one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.