Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't blink! This is the last opportunity for some players to shine before the regular season starts. The NFL's final roster cutdown day is this Tuesday.

tBJpcnN.gif

AT&T Stadium | Game Time: 3 PM Central

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per 506sports.com: All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Listings will be updated as more stations and commentators are confirmed.

All NFL Network broadcasts are blacked out in areas where the game is being shown on a local station.

wYSHlcN.png

Jarntt

Reaction score
So many guys I'm interested in seeing today. Basically any RB, DL or OL. I also hope to see some opportunities for Flournoy again. Ive seen enough of Kneeland and Guyton. They don't need to play today.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't blink! This is the last opportunity for some players to shine before the regular season starts. The NFL's final roster cutdown day is this Tuesday.

tBJpcnN.gif

AT&T Stadium | Game Time: 3 PM Central
I wish it was noon but I'll take A at least it's not 8:00 PM or 9:00 PM but that was ridiculous last week, but yes the best part of this game is I'm sure the Cowboys already have their roster pretty much set but probably have some question marks at about 10 players so this will be their final audition cut down date to me this week brings a chance that the drama with some of these contracts might end by Friday because they're gonna get the roster cut down and they're gonna leave a spot open for you know who and I'm not bringing this into this conversation but I believe something's gonna get done by Friday and this starts that process to getting that done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Deuce right, Deuce left, and Deuce up the middle. Let's get him involved in the passing game as well.
Stay healthy guys.
Go Cowboys :flagwave:
he's already made the team but I agree I'd like to see him more but I really want him to get some reps and real live games behind the offensive line with play calls that are creative to make this guy a weapon because he can be I don't worry about his size I watched him play in college against my Longhorns I've seen what he's done against some of the better colleges like even Alabama go look at his tape the man deserves to be the change of pace lightning type because we have nothing else on the team everybody else are kinda hammers they're bigger backs that are not that explosive this kid can do that even if it's in a small amount of packages I'd like to see him get at least six touches a game and not in clean up not in mop up and not on the wrong call he shouldn't be in there on 4th and one or third and two./.

This is squarely falls on Mike McCarthy he did not use Turpin right in my opinion last year and he did not get Vauhn involved and I would like to see Vaughn get more special teams take a little pressure off Turpin Turpin get more snaps at receiver at #3 and stop using lamb when he returns for doing all that **** behind the line of scrimmage you can do that with Vaughn interpret let lamb have some Rex off so late in the season in the playoffs he's more fresh no need to get him hurt especially he starts making over $33 million there's no need to be using him in the backfield so much.

Vaugn =scat back
Turpin lots of motion from the slot, behind the LOS, get creative
Zeke, Rico and other like Hunter if he makes it, all do virtually the same thing. to me Zekes the best FB we have..

So Vaughn should get real shot this season to be relative.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooper Rush not playing? Are they cutting him? :huh:
No that says they're bubble wrapping the guy why would we get rid of a quarterback we need 3 quarterbacks I think the quarterback room is going to be in the exact same position is last year Prescott starts rushes the backup and their emergency third is Trey Lance/ if you wanted to showcase the guy you would play him let him have a whole half and show the world he's worth trading so I don't think so and I wouldn't cut them you would trade the guy we need 3 quarterbacks I mean I don't know what the infatuation thinking we're going to get rid of rush maybe something happens to Prescott do you really want to turn it over to Lance? I guess that gets us a better draft pick for sure. maybe that is their thinking but then we would need a third..sso plan Dak gets hurt its over give lance real live game snaps to see what they have and get a better draft pick.. hmm

Most teams are going to carry 3 quarterbacks, so I don't see what the difference between this year and last year is Lance I don't know if he's taking the next step yet.. I don't know if he's beat out Cooper rush because I haven't got to see Rush enough in the preseason,

which tells me the Cowboys are not cutting or trading him because they would be showcasing him that means they put him on bubble wrap like a lot of teams have in the preseason literally I watched Cincinnati not play their number one or their number 2 yesterday or whenever they played the preseason lots of teams don't play their starters by the way I know that's a concept that's hard to grasp because a few teams put in their starters for like 2-3 series this preseason like somehow 18 weeks from now that's going to help in the playoffs lmao

blueblood70

Reaction score
Soooooo......since we're playing at "home", will we finally get the "home team" announcers on the NFLN broadcast??
I know the irony here everyone kept saying that the Cowboys less relative because no one's showing up for practice at camp but did you hear the crowd at the Rams game and even the Raiders game I mean there was an awful lot of Cowboys fans that were interested in paying for a fake game to watch their beloved Cowboys I'd say that that was a over stated who cares who didn't show up for practice it's who pays for games that don't even matter and I guarantee you the butts will be in the seats at AT&T come the real season so all this hype about everyone's mad at Jerry look at practice you mean people didn't take off work to go see practice no they spent their hard earned money on preseason games that's all the proof I need that fan base trying to create another false narrative.. Go back to your thing who cares who's announcing... I try to tune those people out anyway most of them are just not even calling the game like the old color people are they're just talking about random **** and sometimes we're missing plays or we're in the middle of like a a replay and they're not even showing their replay or talking about what they feel might happen.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know the irony here everyone kept saying that the Cowboys less relative because no one's showing up for practice at camp but did you hear the crowd at the Rams game and even the Raiders game I mean there was an awful lot of Cowboys fans that were interested in paying for a fake game to watch their beloved Cowboys I'd say that that was a over stated who cares who didn't show up for practice it's who pays for games that don't even matter and I guarantee you the butts will be in the seats at AT&T come the real season so all this hype about everyone's mad at Jerry look at practice you mean people didn't take off work to go see practice no they spent their hard earned money on preseason games that's all the proof I need that fan base trying to create another false narrative.. Go back to your thing who cares who's announcing... I try to tune those people out anyway most of them are just not even calling the game like the old color people are they're just talking about random **** and sometimes we're missing plays or we're in the middle of like a a replay and they're not even showing their replay or talking about what they feel might happen.
Dude....chill. Never said we didn't have a lot of fans at those "away" games. I DID notice a lot of cheers. My post was about the announcers. And I get that you don't care about announcers, but sometimes having the "home" announcers gives us a little better insight to what's happening with the players/coaches/organization, etc. No need to get all bent out of shape. Enjoy the game!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dude....chill. Never said we didn't have a lot of fans at those "away" games. I DID notice a lot of cheers. My post was about the announcers. And I get that you don't care about announcers, but sometimes having the "home" announcers gives us a little better insight to what's happening with the players/coaches/organization, etc. No need to get all bent out of shape. Enjoy the game!!
I wasn't pointing it at you

I was pointing it out that even though it's a home game today that it sounded like a home game the last two games despite the false narratives about practice attendance.

I'm not chilling out ever:muttley::popcorn::oldcouple:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cooper Rush not playing? Are they cutting him? :huh:
Good question......... he has won the backup job or a possible trade. It would not surprise me if they've gotten a few calls. He would certainly be an upgrade over a bunch of team backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.