Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just posted that Jerry has already confirmed that Lance will make the team

Great minds think alike

furry-laugh.gif

I'm curious who's going to be the 3rd string.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Great minds think alike

furry-laugh.gif

I'm curious who's going to be the 3rd string.
The Cowboys would like Lance to be the backup, but he’s going to have to earn their trust. Backup QB is one of the most important roles on the team. The Cowboys have won games with Cooper Rush so they have faith in him. He helped keep their season afloat in 2022 with 4 wins. The team may try to find a way to use Lance as a situational QB without having him be the backup but they would have to keep three QBs on the roster. If Dak hasn’t been extended by the start of the regular season they’re likely going to want to find a way to give Lance some regular season reps. There’s plays they could come up with where he could use his legs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys would like Lance to be the backup, but he’s going to have to earn their trust. Backup QB is one of the most important roles on the team. The Cowboys have won games with Cooper Rush so they have faith in him. He helped keep their season afloat in 2022 with 4 wins. The team may try to find a way to use Lance as a situational QB without having him be the backup but they would have to keep three QBs on the roster. If Dak hasn’t been extended by the start of the regular season they’re likely going to want to find a way to give Lance some regular season reps. There’s plays they could come up with where he could use his legs.

I would, truthfully, like him to be the backup too. He did play better against the Raiders than the Rams, but the Rams are better than the Raiders. I'm curious to see what he does tonight.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would, truthfully, like him to be the backup too. He did play better against the Raiders than the Rams, but the Rams are better than the Raiders. I'm curious to see what he does tonight.
Everyone would like him to be the backup, but I don’t think the Cowboys are just going to hand him the backup job. From everything I’ve heard from the media that’s following the Cowboys, he hasn’t looked very good in training camp. The media reports on Rush during training camp have been good. Rush has only played three series in preseason, but he looked solid. The fact that Jerry has already come out saying Lance will make the 53 opens up a lot of speculation as to what the plan will be. If they keep three QBs on the roster, then I feel almost certain they’re going to use Lance as a situational QB.

Or maybe they do what no one is predicting and cut Cooper Rush. Let’s say the Cowboys extend Dak prior to the opener. If they use Lance as a situational QB and he performs well, it’s just going to open up a can of worms, causing more frustration with the fanbase because they’re going to want him as the starter. The fans are going to be extremely angry that we paid Dak all that money when they believe Lance is better. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

rambo2

Reaction score
he's already made the team but I agree I'd like to see him more but I really want him to get some reps and real live games behind the offensive line with play calls that are creative to make this guy a weapon because he can be I don't worry about his size I watched him play in college against my Longhorns I've seen what he's done against some of the better colleges like even Alabama go look at his tape the man deserves to be the change of pace lightning type because we have nothing else on the team everybody else are kinda hammers they're bigger backs that are not that explosive this kid can do that even if it's in a small amount of packages I'd like to see him get at least six touches a game and not in clean up not in mop up and not on the wrong call he shouldn't be in there on 4th and one or third and two./.

This is squarely falls on Mike McCarthy he did not use Turpin right in my opinion last year and he did not get Vauhn involved and I would like to see Vaughn get more special teams take a little pressure off Turpin Turpin get more snaps at receiver at #3 and stop using lamb when he returns for doing all that **** behind the line of scrimmage you can do that with Vaughn interpret let lamb have some Rex off so late in the season in the playoffs he's more fresh no need to get him hurt especially he starts making over $33 million there's no need to be using him in the backfield so much.

Vaugn =scat back
Turpin lots of motion from the slot, behind the LOS, get creative
Zeke, Rico and other like Hunter if he makes it, all do virtually the same thing. to me Zekes the best FB we have..

So Vaughn should get real shot this season to be relative.
They claim that Malik Davis has made the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.