Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, I was initially going to go to church so I was going to miss the first half......but then I got COVID and have a completely separate illness on top of that atm. So, I guess I'll be watching. As for the menu, soup. Lots of soup.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With Lance playing the whole game I would like to see Vaughn go the whole game as well.
They’re going to be rotating backs during the regular season so I expect them to do the same in this game. Vaughn should get more snaps than he did last week. He’s not a lock to make the team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good question......... he has won the backup job or a possible trade. It would not surprise me if they've gotten a few calls. He would certainly be an upgrade over a bunch of team backups.
No one is going to trade for Cooper Rush. He was released last summer and no one picked him up. We ended up bringing him back. He’s going to be the backup this season or at least to start the season. It wouldn’t surprise me if they have a package for Lance as a situational QB during the regular season to get him on the field. Plays designed where he has an option to run or throw.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rush not playing means he’s safe. Will Grier played the entire third preseason game last year and got cut despite playing well.
This does not mean Trey is getting cut, and Rush will be cut then brought back depending on how many roster moves they plan or need to make.

With the new rule now, they can designate 2 players on short term IR without going through the release process, it probably will not happen.
Unless they want that roster spot to keep another player. Put rush on the PS, and use the 3 call ups allowed before putting on the 53.

Look for possibilities of Rush, Goodman, Seig to be possible roster moves until they get all the other moves done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This does not mean Trey is getting cut, and Rush will be cut then brought back depending on how many roster moves they plan or need to make.

With the new rule now, they can designate 2 players on short term IR without going through the release process, it probably will not happen.
Unless they want that roster spot to keep another player. Put rush on the PS, and use the 3 call ups allowed before putting on the 53.

Look for possibilities of Rush, Goodman, Seig to be possible roster moves until they get all the other moves done.

I think they keep all 3, but I think Rush will be the emergency QB like Lance was last year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rush not playing means he’s safe. Will Grier played the entire third preseason game last year and got cut despite playing well.

Coach Jerry already stated that Lance is on the 53. Plus, given that they can keep all 3 and have one designated as an emergency QB every week, I suspect Rush probably gets that role this year, or they rotate it weekly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Lance isn’t getting cut. Jerry has already stated he’ll make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.