Losing builds character

Mansta54

Reaction score
dre1614;2331774 said:
Disagree. Did you happen to see the Giants before they made that run in the playoffs? They were a average team and lost a LOT of close nail biters. Without those losses I think they don't win the Super Bowl. They got tougher from those losses.

:hammer:

jimmy40

Reaction score
dre1614;2331774 said:
Disagree. Did you happen to see the Giants before they made that run in the playoffs? They were a average team and lost a LOT of close nail biters. Without those losses I think they don't win the Super Bowl. They got tougher from those losses.
The Giants won because Eli finally pulled his head out of his ***.

dre1614

Reaction score
jimmy40;2331800 said:
The Giants won because Eli finally pulled his head out of his ***.

The Giants won because they learned from their mistakes, and became a much tougher team.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dre1614;2331774 said:

Just to play devil's advocate.........

1) The Giants were still getting their feet wet with a NEW D scheme early in the season. Their D just got WAXED the first 2 games, until they finally caught onto Spagnola's schemes.

2) They had alot of depth-when guys like Kiwi and Derrick Ward went down, their draft picks had to time get their feet wet, and as the season progressed, they caught onto the schemes.(i.e. Ahmad Bradshaw)

3) Losing Jeremy Shockey was a GREAT thing-he was nothing more than a headache not only to the team, but even more so to Eli. Eli looked alot more comfortable when he went down.

4) Add to that NO Tiki in the locker room, this team was able to stick together alot better through their rough stretches of the season.

5) Tom Coughlin has always been a very good coach-he had a tough time initially b/c he inherited a vet team, NOT a young team that needed a chain and a whip...which was why he struggled a good bit at first.

Hope this helps!

dre1614

Reaction score
Boysboy;2331898 said:
Just to play devil's advocate.........

1) The Giants were still getting their feet wet with a NEW D scheme early in the season. Their D just got WAXED the first 2 games, until they finally caught onto Spagnola's schemes.

2) They had alot of depth-when guys like Kiwi and Derrick Ward went down, their draft picks had to time get their feet wet, and as the season progressed, they caught onto the schemes.(i.e. Ahmad Bradshaw)

3) Losing Jeremy Shockey was a GREAT thing-he was nothing more than a headache not only to the team, but even more so to Eli. Eli looked alot more comfortable when he went down.

4) Add to that NO Tiki in the locker room, this team was able to stick together alot better through their rough stretches of the season.

5) Tom Coughlin has always been a very good coach-he had a tough time initially b/c he inherited a vet team, NOT a young team that needed a chain and a whip...which was why he struggled a good bit at first.

Hope this helps!

good points. I really have nothing to add on to that.