Losing out

dstew60105

Reaction score
Actually, I said I wish we could but his contract is making it nearly impossible.

Sorry, I have no patience for someone who would rather talk trash with some other loudmouth player when a play is breaking down in front of him. Now, back to your Dez worship chamber you go.

Wow are you dumb. Cut a top 5 receiver in a season gone bad. Seems logical.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Cassel is playing better than Romo was at this point so I can see us winning a couple, maybe a skins and Jets. Hopefully Gruden will contact Jerry and then all bets are off.....wishing.

Gruden???

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wow are you dumb. Cut a top 5 receiver in a season gone bad. Seems logical.

First off, he's not playing like one right now. He's still not in shape and he's more worried about arguing than making plays on the field.

I've simply had it with the guy. I tolerated his off the field petty arguments, but enough is enough. I'm done with both him and Romo.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
JG is not the main problem with this season-- this season was done in by the Front Office. Here are 7 reasons why we are where we are:

1. Did not resign Murray-- they chose to over-estimate the talent on the OL and believed anyone could run behind it
2. They did not add adequate depth at RB and counted on Randle being the best of the bunch.
3. They dragged out the Dez signing-- affecting team chemistry/morale and his training camp
4. They did not add any quality depth at WR and over-estimated Williams and the overall talent at that position
5. They made a distracting and controversial decision to sign Hardy
6. Disrespected Callahan and thought his coaching expertise would be easily replaced
7. They over-estimated Romo's ability to stay healthy and thought Weeden was a qualified backup QB

Garrett is playing out the hand he's been dealt. He led a 12-4 team last year, but for the majority of this season, he will have to take the field with only 1 of the 3 offensive stars that sparked our run last year. Tough job. The FO did not adequately prepare this team for this season and rested on their laurels and crossed their fingers. They were wrong and literally every decision they have made in terms of free agency has backfired on them.

Thankfully, the draft last year has shown some promise-- but we need to seriously take a long look in the mirror. We need a better offensive and defensive scheme. Both systems are archaic.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
If Payton can get out of his contract and not cost a team any draft picks, then there's going to be a lot of teams fighting for his rights. Just in the NFC East alone, we have a 70yr old Coughlin who's on the last year of his contract along with Kelly and Gruden who've been in the hot seat all season long. The worst case scenario would be for Jerry to give Garrett a pass because of Romo's injuries and one of our divisional rivals locking up Payton for the next 5+ yrs.

If we continue to struggle under Garrett next year and beyond and Jerry decides to make a switch, we've most likely lost an opportunity to bring on board Payton. The window to sign an elite head coach is very, very small as one becoming available is rare, so if the organization believes that he would be an upgrade, they should jump at the opportunity.

"If the organization believes he would be an upgrade". Nobody in the entire universe can be this stupid to not believe that Payton is an upgrade over JG. I would kick JG faster to the curb then you can say "It is a process of stacking good days on top of good days".

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
JG is not the main problem with this season-- this season was done in by the Front Office. Here are 7 reasons why we are where we are:

1. Did not resign Murray-- they chose to over-estimate the talent on the OL and believed anyone could run behind it
2. They did not add adequate depth at RB and counted on Randle being the best of the bunch.
3. They dragged out the Dez signing-- affecting team chemistry/morale and his training camp
4. They did not add any quality depth at WR and over-estimated Williams and the overall talent at that position
5. They made a distracting and controversial decision to sign Hardy
6. Disrespected Callahan and thought his coaching expertise would be easily replaced
7. They over-estimated Romo's ability to stay healthy and thought Weeden was a qualified backup QB

Garrett is playing out the hand he's been dealt. He led a 12-4 team last year, but for the majority of this season, he will have to take the field with only 1 of the 3 offensive stars that sparked our run last year. Tough job. The FO did not adequately prepare this team for this season and rested on their laurels and crossed their fingers. They were wrong and literally every decision they have made in terms of free agency has backfired on them.

Thankfully, the draft last year has shown some promise-- but we need to seriously take a long look in the mirror. We need a better offensive and defensive scheme. Both systems are archaic.

Garrett couldn't muster 1 win without his QB/OC to save the day. JG is the main culprit for wasting Romo's prime and the legitimate chance at a SB. Rebuilding is necessary but was told JG had already rebuilt this team with his grand vision or process? JG is the primary reason for Callahan leaving in that he stole playcalling duties away from him in 2013 and was then scapegoated for the lack of running success (8-8 and missing the playoffs yet again). JG is not an NFL HC but is likely slimy enough to become a great politician.

Last edited:

Gaede

Reaction score
Garrett couldn't muster 1 win without his QB/OC to save the day. JG is the main culprit for wasting Romo's prime and the team's chance at a SB. Rebuilding is necessary but was told JG had already rebuilt this team with his grand vision or process?

Garrett, as head coach, signs off--or at the very least, has considerable influence--on every football decision made, including personnel and staff. This is not the 'hand he was dealt' but the hand he dealt himself. And if he does have zero influence, then why is he not labeled a puppet like Wade was?

Junglist

Reaction score
I just want a coach that won't settle for a FG on 4th and 3 on the 20yd line while down 20 points. And he's done that several times.

If the clapper stays, I want a new OC calling plays from HIS system. Linehan sucks, and Garrett's system sucks.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Marinelli will be made the scapegoat at the end of the season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
First off, he's not playing like one right now. He's still not in shape and he's more worried about arguing than making plays on the field.

I've simply had it with the guy. I tolerated his off the field petty arguments, but enough is enough. I'm done with both him and Romo.

You should stop making emotional decisions.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't see Garrett going anywhere after this season unfortunately because of all the injuries especially to Romo that gives Jerry an excuse to keep him around but he will be on the seat next season. Most head coaches wouldn't survive three straight 8-8 seasons and what may end up being a losing season this year but Jerry made it pretty clear when he hired Garrett he was in it for the long haul with him. It's been a bad tenure for Garrett with only one winning season/playoff appearance in his 5 full seasons as head coach.

Last season appears to have been a fluke it was a surprise to everyone and this years teams looks as if this is what the Cowboys really are. They didn't build on last season because according to Garrett he doesn't believe you build on the previous season because every season is a new season. I've never heard a good coach say that. If you're heading in the right direction you try and build on it but the Cowboys under Garrett don't believe in that.

“We really don’t believe that you build on something from the previous year,” Garrett said to start training camp. “This year’s team is different than last year’s team, and we all have to understand that. We have to earn it all over again.”

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...d-for-2015-cowboys-history-says-otherwise.ece

USMarineVet

Reaction score
can you please provide excuses for his turkey 8-8 seasons? I'd like to hear how 4 of 5 seasons arent the HC's fault...do tell

I'm not saying he isn't partially responsible for the losses. What I am saying is he's not on the field making things happen. This team is in serious need of a secondary upgrade and quality depth.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't see Garrett going anywhere after this season unfortunately because of all the injuries especially to Romo that gives Jerry an excuse to keep him around but he will be on the seat next season. Most head coaches wouldn't survive three straight 8-8 seasons and what may end up being a losing season this year but Jerry made it pretty clear when he hired Garrett he was in it for the long haul with him. It's been a bad tenure for Garrett with only one winning season/playoff appearance in his 5 full seasons as head coach.

Last season appears to have been a fluke it was a surprise to everyone and this years teams looks as if this is what the Cowboys really are. They didn't build on last season because according to Garrett he doesn't believe you build on the previous season because every season is a new season. I've never heard a good coach say that. If you're heading in the right direction you try and build on it but the Cowboys under Garrett don't believe in that.

“We really don’t believe that you build on something from the previous year,” Garrett said to start training camp. “This year’s team is different than last year’s team, and we all have to understand that. We have to earn it all over again.”

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...d-for-2015-cowboys-history-says-otherwise.ece

Well he did build on those 8-8 season. One right after another.