Losing out

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Cassel is playing better than Romo was at this point so I can see us winning a couple, maybe a skins and Jets. Hopefully Gruden will contact Jerry and then all bets are off.....wishing.

He also was coming off the bench and the game was already lost Weeden looked good when he came off the bench too and we saw how that worked out. There is always a possibility that the boys could luck into one win but I wouldn't count on it.

dstew60105

Reaction score
I'm on the Payton bandwagon for sure. I think I'd keep Linehan though, he and Payton could do wonders for an offense.

Sadly, we just gave knucklehead, no IQ Dez a big contract. I would love to see him walk.

Yeah, lets get rid of Dez. Did you really just say that?

Hailmary

Reaction score
Garret is a motivator, not a coach. We need a coach. I still think he and his high school scheme will be back next year.......at a minimum. :(

Agree totally. I think he's also a good PR guy for Jerry and the organization in that he always says the right things. As for x's and o's and in game adjustments and creating opportunities when dealt a bad hand, I'd rather have almost anyone else.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Garrett is not going anywhere. Jerry has found his Tom Landry so buckle up because we're in for a long ride.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could see Cassel is more comfortable in this offense than Weeden ever was, don't discount him. He can bring us as many wins as Tony was going too, but both guys best days are behind them.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Garrett was a play away from taking us to the Championship game last year. This year the team was bit with the injury bug. Now it's easy to point fingers but the fact remains that it was the team that faltered when all these injuries hit us. Like him or not, you can't put it all on Garrett's shoulders. What this team needs is productive depth that can keep the ship afloat when star players go down.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Garrett was a play away from taking us to the Championship game last year. This year the team was bit with the injury bug. Now it's easy to point fingers but the fact remains that it was the team that faltered when all these injuries hit us. Like him or not, you can't put it all on Garrett's shoulders. What this team needs is productive depth that can keep the ship afloat when star players go down.

I agree you can't put it all on Garrett's shoulders, but a halfway decent coach would've found a way to win a couple of games during Romo's absence (especially when the majority of those loses were within reach of a W). Teams lose players and win with backups, if Garrett can't do the same, that tells me we could definitely use an upgrade.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
We have a chance to draft a replacement franchise qb with a ton of talent still in place around an aging vet. We need to tank some but I do see up with 4 or 5 win.

How many times can you say that? Drafting a top pick qb and allowed to let him sit watching a franchise qb?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this team will be very lucky if they win another game this season they will mail in the rest.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
JG isn't going anywhere, neither are the coordinators. The o-line coach is another story.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
At this point losing out is the best option. We need the best and lowest draft picks possible.

Besides that might get Linehan and our special teams coach fired. Garrett is safe unfortunately.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I'd like for the entire staff to be brought back. And with the season effectively over let us hope that a few more losses come our way. I like how we've been drafting as a team.

I'd like to see some elite talent coming our way.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

can you please provide excuses for his turkey 8-8 seasons? I'd like to hear how 4 of 5 seasons arent the HC's fault...do tell

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah, lets get rid of Dez. Did you really just say that?

Actually, I said I wish we could but his contract is making it nearly impossible.

Sorry, I have no patience for someone who would rather talk trash with some other loudmouth player when a play is breaking down in front of him. Now, back to your Dez worship chamber you go.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Garrett will get a pass. If Romo remained healthy AND we lost out, then I would agree that JG was in trouble.

Nevermind, Romo will get hurt again next year. Let's see if the front office adresses the backup QB situation this offseason. If we still lose then Garrett is in real trouble.