Recommended Loss Forensics: Romo vs. the League's Top QB

burmafrd

Reaction score
I know you are making a great effort KJJ. But you still cannot beat out UFCRULES for being the #1 romo hater on this board. He locked up the trophy a long time ago.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Because Romo's playoff resume is so small and he hasn't led the Cowboys to the playoffs in 4 years we're forced to add season finale elimination games to his playoff record to increase his sample size.
That's what's happening, yes. We're taking a team whose playoff sample is too small, and comparing it with playoff teams. What it lacks in validity it makes up for in convenience.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's what's happening, yes. We're taking a team whose playoff sample is too small, and comparing it with playoff teams. What it lacks in validity it makes up for in convenience.

Staubach's playoff sample wasn't small he played in 17 playoff games. He picked his 5 worst playoff games and one season finale regular season game that wasn't an elimination game and is comparing it to Romo's entire elimination game record. LOL Romo is part of the reason his elimination game record is so small. You can go down the playoff list of most great NFL QB's and take 6 bad playoff performances and compare it to Romo's entire elimination game record. That's just being ridiculous when most of those QB's have a number of playoff wins and championship wins on their resume.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One FAN claims the stats show there's isn't any stigma with Romo and another FAN is trying to spin that Staubach was a choker based off 5 of his 17 playoff games. No one is getting a bigger laugh than me. LOL

The problem I see here is that you see things in black and white when there are multiple shades of gray, such as the fact that I obviously was not being serious about Staubach being a choker. I was simply trying to show you the fallacy of taking a small sample size of something such as "final elimination" games and applying it to someone's career. It's an arbitrary choice that only tells the story the person picking wants it to tell.

But carry on making fun of FANs who can see clearly while you continue to be struck by Romo blindness.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The problem I see here is that you see things in black and white when there are multiple shades of gray, such as the fact that I obviously was not being serious about Staubach being a choker. I was simply trying to show you the fallacy of taking a small sample size of something such as "final elimination" games and applying it to someone's career. It's an arbitrary choice that only tells the story the person picking wants it to tell.

But carry on making fun of FANs who can see clearly while you continue to be struck by Romo blindness.

I know you weren't being serious about Staubach being a choker but it's ridiculous to take his 5 worst playoff games and one bad season finale game and compare it to Romo's 6 elimination game losses. That's virtually his entire elimination game record. :cool: You could do the same thing to Joe Montana. LOL Dude they all had some stinkers in the playoffs but they were far outweighed by the great playoff and SB games they had. You still don't get it? All Romo has on his resume is a couple of division titles and a playoff win. Get real!

DanteEXT

Reaction score
You were giving a biased anti-KJJ opinion of what you think transpired. If you look through this thread at some of the crap/hate that's being posted you would think I stole a few posters wives and girlfriends. LOL

That's your biased opinion now is it? And seriously, stop playing the martyr card. Nobody is being mean to you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And most of the reason it even exists.

That's true for any team that has a solid QB but the bottom line is he hasn't gotten it done which results in Romo debates every year. If he had a SB win on his resume I doubt we would be seeing all these Romo passer rating/stat threads you keep starting.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's your biased opinion now is it? And seriously, stop playing the martyr card. Nobody is being mean to you.

No one is being mean to me? Haha! My PM box is full. LOL I got one word for a couple of guys here….counseling!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not to the same degree it isn't.

It depends on the team. Before Peyton Manning arrived in Denver they were an 8-8 team. Luck turned a 2-14 Colts team into a back to back 11-5 playoff team. Romo means a lot to the Cowboys but he was 1-5 in 2010 and Kitna was 5-3. I'll duck now. LOL

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
It depends on the team. Before Peyton Manning arrived in Denver they were an 8-8 team. Luck turned a 2-14 Colts team into a back to back 11-5 playoff team. Romo means a lot to the Cowboys but he was 1-5 in 2010 and Kitna was 5-3. I'll duck now. LOL

Peyton and Romo are the ones who have carried their teams, and no one else comes close in this millinium.

Kitna was 1-5 here when he wasn't provided with 3+ takeaways in the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Peyton and Romo are the ones who have carried their teams, and no one else comes close in this millinium.

Kitna was 1-5 here when he wasn't provided with 3+ takeaways in the game.

How far has Romo carried the Cowboys the past 4 years?

DanteEXT

Reaction score
No one is being mean to me? Haha! My PM box is full. LOL I got one word for a couple of guys here….counseling!

I'm talking specifically about this thread.

Look, if you want to focus on a small sample of Romo games that's your thing. That's fine. Percy doesn't ignore those games, he just factors them in with all his other games to give an overall statistical analysis of his play. So what? Personally, I enjoy his work. Not because I'm some Romo homer who thinks he's the greatest QB ever. Not even close. I just appreciate the obvious tremendous amount of work that goes into compiling the information he presents. To me, every game is important. If my calculations of tie breakers is correct, the Cowboys don't win week 2 in 2011 then they are eliminated before week 17 no matter the result in the last game.So the fact he doesn't ignore Romo's play in that game is a good thing.

What I don't understand is why you feel the need to, EVERY SINGLE TIME, jump in and whine about "elimination games" or "significant spotlight games" instead of actually discussing the data presented. You do everything in your power to hijack the discussion. And the meanest thing in this particular thread I've seen was you being called out for your behavior. If you really want to talk about "elimination games" or "significant spotlight games" then start your own thread about it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Take Romo out of the equation and what's our record?

Depends on who's replacing him. Probably 2-3 wins less than what we've had the past 3 seasons. In 2010 the Cowboys wouldn't have ended up any better than 6-10 with Romo. All I know is Romo is 4 games below 500 the last 4 seasons I don't consider that carrying a team. The problem with Romo is he can't carry the team which is why the Cowboys keep trying to come up with ways where he doesn't have to do too much.

The more you put on his shoulders the more mistakes he makes. Great QB's are able to carry their team down the field on a championship type drive in the final moments and Romo has been unable to do that in the most critical games. This is the only complaint I have of him. He's great most of the time until it's crunch time of a do or die game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm still laughing at that FAN who said the stats don't say there's a stigma with Romo. LOL That shows just how misleading all these stats are and how FANS buy into them.

It's become apparent you don't know what has been argued. How many voices are in your head anyway?