Losses to teams sittin' on their couch

vicjagger

Reaction score
I was looking at the losses suffered by play-off teams. In particular losses to teams still alive vs those to teams sittin at home.

Here's what I found, by number of losses to couch potatoes:

1- Cowboys, Ravens & Rams
2- Chiefs, 49ers & Lions
3- Browns
4 - Steelers & Eagles
5 - Texans, Packers & Bills

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Had no idea the steelers were in the playoffs, the fans I know of the steelers talk about them as if they were the worst thing ever lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was looking at the losses suffered by play-off teams. In particular losses to teams still alive vs those to teams sittin at home.

2- Chiefs, 49ers & Lions
3- Browns
4 - Steelers & Eagles
Wow, already a loss and the Cowboys haven't even played. Now that is a tough league.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

2- Chiefs, 49ers & Lions
3- Browns
4 - Steelers & Eagles
Nice stat. How many have wins vs playoff teams for each team though? That's where we struggle. I think we're .500 or slightly above/below?

Beating down inferior opponents has been no problem this year. Bad teams usually have bad lines and QBs, so the pass rush avalanche and TOs start somewhere. If we could just do that to EVERY team, guaranteed Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
Nice stat. How many have wins vs playoff teams for each team though? That's where we struggle. I think we're .500 or slightly above/below?

Beating down inferior opponents has been no problem this year. Bad teams usually have bad lines and QBs, so the pass rush avalanche and TOs start somewhere. If we could just do that to EVERY team, guaranteed Super Bowl.
The Cowboys beat 4 playoffs teams, Jets beat 3. So what does that tell us? I think that stat by itself is misleading. When you beat a team matters. Teams change throughout the year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Cowboys beat 4 playoffs teams, Jets beat 3. So what does that tell us? I think that stat by itself is misleading. When you beat a team matters. Teams change throughout the year.
Any team can overcome stats against it if they want to.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Correct, that is why the entire strength of schedule nonsense that they judge it by last year's schedule because you got a first place scheduling ,doesn't mean that season that when you meet these teams are at the same strength they were the year before.

in fact many of them aren't, they're missing players after the trade deadline, a lot of them traded away players ,there are a lot of reasons why at the beginning of the year some teams like when we played The Jets they were better than when other teams played The Jets later in the year.

it happens all the time and yet they keep going back to straight to schedule but that's made-up from the year before it is when you play a team and where they at full strength and where you played them whether it's home or away and whether you're at full strength are you missing some key players like in Buffalo we had 10 sick or injured players and some got injured in the game and we're on the road just because that's the way that game happened to end that doesn't mean if we played them again we would lose..

That is why this is strictly a week-to-week league and you should judge a team that week and that week only ohh this trying to predict the next game and what the score is going to be and how the it's going to end is ridiculous...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes and in 2021 I think we beat seven playoff teams beat the snot oit of TB on the road , it still didn't help us against San Francisco LOL

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Nothing that happened in the last 18 weeks matters, totally nothing, zero, zilch, nada. There are teams coming in hot, some coming in cold...odds are the ones coming in hot will be the ones that should be riding off to the sunset. In that theory, teams to worry about: Cry Iggles Cry, Fish, Steelers (injuries), Taylor Swift. Doesn't mean I can't be wrong, but it's usually the case picking teams on the rise

Flamma

Reaction score
Correct, that is why the entire strength of schedule nonsense that they judge it by last year's schedule because you got a first place scheduling ,doesn't mean that season that when you meet these teams are at the same strength they were the year before.

in fact many of them aren't, they're missing players after the trade deadline, a lot of them traded away players ,there are a lot of reasons why at the beginning of the year some teams like when we played The Jets they were better than when other teams played The Jets later in the year.

it happens all the time and yet they keep going back to straight to schedule but that's made-up from the year before it is when you play a team and where they at full strength and where you played them whether it's home or away and whether you're at full strength are you missing some key players like in Buffalo we had 10 sick or injured players and some got injured in the game and we're on the road just because that's the way that game happened to end that doesn't mean if we played them again we would lose..

That is why this is strictly a week-to-week league and you should judge a team that week and that week only ohh this trying to predict the next game and what the score is going to be and how the it's going to end is ridiculous...
I thought strength of schedule tie breaker was just an expanded version of strength of victory. Using the beginning strength of schedule based on last year would be dumb to say the least. But I don't know for sure.

Flamma

Reaction score
Nothing that happened in the last 18 weeks matters, totally nothing, zero, zilch, nada. There are teams coming in hot, some coming in cold...odds are the ones coming in hot will be the ones that should be riding off to the sunset. In that theory, teams to worry about: Cry Iggles Cry, Fish, Steelers (injuries), Taylor Swift. Doesn't mean I can't be wrong, but it's usually the case picking teams on the rise
You mean teams to NOT worry about?

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes and in 2021 I think we beat seven playoff teams beat the snot oit of TB on the road , it still didn't help us against San Francisco LOL
Home games also matter. I don't think we lose back to back games against the Bills and Dolphins if we're home. Not this season. At worst go 1-1.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You mean teams to NOT worry about?
Well, sure but I meant team to worry about bowing out early if you are a fan, are the ones coming in cold...ie. nobody would be cold if any of those lose. If you listen to the media, nobody would be shocked if the Sirianis, Cowboys or Lions lose either rendering the NFC games a toss up

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought strength of schedule tie breaker was just an expanded version of strength of victory. Using the beginning strength of schedule based on last year would be dumb to say the least. But I don't know for sure.
Well how could it be any other way I mean I could be wrong and correct me if I'm wrong but they go by how teams finished in their divisions last year just set the schedule for the next year so if you're in first place you get a first place schedule so they go back last year and they match you up with all the toughest games against those teams that also finished in the same win percentage category in their divisions..

It's really not much different than what they do in college football how you rank the year before is how you sort of start out rank the following year and then you get moved around as you play games...

It is silly because we all know that the Philadelphia Eagles kept claiming they had a harder schedule even though 13 games or I should say 14 we're almost against the exact same opponents there are only three games that were against different opponents and they're claiming those three because of the way the team finished last year like Kansas City that we didn't play them that they had a tougher schedule but Kansas City wasn't the same team they were last year, that's the whole point

they thought they had the tougher schedule simply because of the way the schedule was made but by the time they played those teams our schedules were equal IMHO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Home games also matter. I don't think we lose back to back games against the Bills and Dolphins if we're home. Not this season. At worst go 1-1.
Right and this year we had eight home games and nine Rd. games and a lot of them were at the end of the year against tough teams... Next year allegedly will have a tougher schedule because we won the division but that doesn't mean it's gonna be tougher but we'll at least have nine home games...