Louis Riddick not impressed with Melton

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I am happy with Rod churning the DL roster all day every day. If we find another Selvie or three, we can rebuild on the cheap, plus the draft, the DL will be fine.

In Rod I trust.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeah, who would want a 27 year old Pro Bowl DT who excels in both run stopping and pass rushing? Not me.

if he excelled at either he'd already be signed.
he doesn't.
he is a solid player not a stud in any area.

he was 1 of 9 DTs to make the Pro Bowl that year.... how could we possibly not sign him???

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
if he excelled at either he'd already be signed.
he doesn't.
he is a solid player not a stud in any area.

he was 1 of 9 DTs to make the Pro Bowl that year.... how could we possibly not sign him???

He was the #1 Rated rushing DT and #5 rated run stopping DT before he got hurt.

I would call that "excelling".

arglebargle

Reaction score
Yep, Rod Marinelli should consult with Riddick the expert.

That's the main thing here. Marinelli knows Melton. There are probably very few folks with a better understanding of Melton than him. When gauging what you'll get from the player, and what to offer him, Marinelli is the perfect resource.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That's the main thing here. Marinelli knows Melton. There are probably very few folks with a better understanding of Melton than him. When gauging what you'll get from the player, and what to offer him, Marinelli is the perfect resource.

And he left town without a deal.
Wonder if that's because Rod so badly wanted him?

arglebargle

Reaction score
And he left town without a deal.
Wonder if that's because Rod so badly wanted him?

Probably his agent thinks he can still get a better deal. Wrong or right. The longer it goes on, the more money will get spent, and the pool of bidders will dry up.

I guess the Cowboys didn't overspend.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am happy with Rod churning the DL roster all day every day. If we find another Selvie or three, we can rebuild on the cheap, plus the draft, the DL will be fine.

In Rod I trust.

Well as i am told constantly he had 20 of those guys last year and hit on ONE. Not a great ratio of success.......

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
But he was terrible in two whole games in 2013. You just cannot compete with that.

You realize that Riddick is stating why Melton is on the market.

Oh wait...no....you don't.

If Melton was so great, he would have been picked up by now.

YR

WhizKid

Reaction score
Nobody considers the context of a situation when they argue on here. It is quite amusing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said, do your homework and find a Melton in the 4-7 round. He isn't all that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said, do your homework and find a Melton in the 4-7 round. He isn't all that.

Yep, all those teams that draft QBs in the top 10 are wasting their time and resources. Just trade down to the 6th round. That's where Tom Brady was drafted; therefore, the 6th round is probably full of similar players.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'm not that impressed with him either, but even with one leg he is better than anyone who plays DT on our roster right now. You have to overpay at this point.