News: Louisiana Tech Pro Day: Milton Williams, Cowboys connection one to watch

RS12

Reaction score
Who where the 3 ahead of him?
Don't have that info. Saw what I posted on a tweet by someone at the workout who was in the know. Was not able to post at the time. If I get a chance when I get on my laptop I will post.

Jbone100

Reaction score
Traits definitely translate on the d-line and it’s one position where there’s an enormous difference between a guy who’s in the 95th percentile athletically and 99th. I imagine there will be a few guys available that I’d rather have when we’re on the clock in the 2nd but I wouldn’t hate it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Quinn typically uses an oversized SDE in his base that can also kick inside...think Adrian Clayborn or Michael Bennett, plus the Falcons 2nd round pick last year was also 6’3 278 DE/DT tweener Marlon Davidson. Imagine Williams would be viewed in the same vein.
If his arms are only 31.5 then that probably isn't a good fit for that spot since he would be facing long armed RTs there. 3T is where shorter armed guys can get away with it.

Bizwah

Reaction score
If his arms are only 31.5 then that probably isn't a good fit for that spot since he would be facing long armed RTs there. 3T is where shorter armed guys can get away with it.
Yeah, arm length is pretty important there on both lines. 3 techs can get away with it if they have quickness and good hands. He is supposed to have both. This is an interesting player.

tm1119

Reaction score

Yeah well it’s either 1 1/2” too short arms on the outside or 20 pounds too light on the inside. How many 3 techs are playing every down below 290 around the NFL?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah well it’s either 1 1/2” too short arms on the outside or 20 pounds too light on the inside. How many 3 techs are playing every down below 290 around the NFL?
Aaron Donald for starters.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Hill was kind of a high/low guy. Some had him solidily on day 2. Some had him day three. People that valued raw ability had him much higher than people who valued tape
And unfortunately, we had one of those a-holes who didn’t value tape. He should’ve been a 4th rounder at the earliest.

Gaede

Reaction score
I know nobody wants to hear this, but I totally see this guy being our second pick.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Measured 6'3", 284...BUT, only has 31 1/2" arms (per PFF's Pro Day Tracker)

E83-B2-DA9-0-E18-475-A-9558-BCC5-A9-E6-E516.jpg