Recap: Love of the Star: Expectations for the Remainder of The Offseason

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is why Broaddus is not a scout anymore. And always needs a player or two, to rag on.
Remember last year Ferguson was Broaddus’s whipping boy. He said that Hendershot was liked by the coaches and scouts more. :facepalm: I think he thought Schoonmaker and Hendershot would have been the top two tight ends this time last season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry traded for him a few months ago. It takes years for him to admit a mistake and move on, even if we're talking about a backup. Lance is a lock for 2024.
No, he's not. I hope he does well and earns a spot but if he looks sorely unable to handle things, he might be gone. It remains to be seen, imho.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The disrespect shown between one another around here is flat out unbelievable at times.
That's a fact. They seldom get the message that they can be banned for the personal insults. It's a sure sign of immaturity.

Maybe they should be banned more easily. It's too commonplace to be so inconsiderate. Maybe that would change things.

Last edited:

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Remains to be seen if Lance is deemed mentally and physically fit to assume more responsibility than he already has. I'm willing to wait longer to get a better idea of what he has in store for this team before any more commitments.
rejkn9m.jpg

Praxit

Reaction score
..get Zimmer best players as possible.

Long season ahead, esp with tough schedule.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, I'm willing to wait a reasonable amount of time, but that would be more than a bit too much! :muttley:

There are more than a few members of this website that are getting impatient. Count me as one of 'em.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
2:30 min mark: Lamb and Dak Contracts. Jones' get contracts done at Camp

5:12 min mark: Overshown OTA to Mini-camp Rehab Progression

9:45 min mark: RB situation and FA from UFL Championship game

12:12 min mark: Trey Lance

16:44 min mark: Review Last Year Draft class and Zimmer Coaching approach
- Sponsors gone
- Overshown Progress
- Mazi didn't always show up to work hard??
- Schoonmaker late bloomer like Ferg, Bennett, Schultz, Fasano,Jarwin & Scott etc

23:20 min mark: Jalen Brooks Progression. 2nd best bad ball catcher.

24:00 min mark: Fehoko and Scott lost their Sponsor.

26:09 min mark: Hendershot maturity issues. Odd man out. Princeton Fant on the Dak stimulus package (Jarwin, Shultz and Ferguson alumni). Schoonmaket might get cut?? (Hot take??)

29:00 min mark: Infomercial and Mailbag questions till end.

Oldschool forum style off/

I expect nothing.
After Jerry's all in comments and then doing virtually nothing, I have no positive expectations the rest of this year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
yeah thanks for saving me time I have to watch the video which I normally don't anyway...

As a long time fan since 1981 I have 0 expectations...

I go into these seasons just hoping for success the love of the game I like watching football specifically the Dallas Cowboys...

I don't think the contracts may get completely done in camp but I believe something will get done on the precipice of the season you know like the Chris Jones contract took up till a week before game 1, this happens sometimes. When someone talks about Overshown, you would think they wouldn't skip out on also wondering how the rehab went with Trayvon diggs which in my opinion is a much bigger deal given that we didn't bring Gilmore back and his position a lot more backpedaling moving and change of direction I mean I realize that linebackers do that too but I'm more following that updates...

My second focus for the training camp and preseason would be not jalen brooks, I want to see how they integrate Turpin as a possible number three option more so than anyone else I realize that'll change by game plans and situational football but I believe the plan is to make him more of a #3 wide receiver take some special teams duties away which leads me to my other pet cat from last year that didn't get his real chance and that would be deuce Vaughn they could put him on special teams and then have a small package for him to do things as a change of pace scat back, get him going round the edges ie add him to the running back room because I really see him being able to be similar to Tony Pollard as far as his first season in the league where they had him behind zeke and he was seldom used but used enough that you can see his talent, let Turpin be the wide receiver room they can split duties on special teams that's what I'm hoping for...​
And as far as the unknowns you know like the surprise of camp might be and the shocking that game one we might have a different running back room but one of them might be Nathaniel Pete he literally does remind me of Tony Pollard why he's being left out of all these conversations about the running back rotation I don't know he's young and like Tony powered he wasn't overused in college I think he's underrated he's got a little bit of speed but he also has enough toughness to take the ball whenever the defense thinks he's just gonna go around the edge and take it up the middle IE a whole lot like Tony Pollard I think he makes the team if this coaching staff doesn't use the simple way out and just try to just plug people in because of their name and who was on the roster already I I believe Nathaniel Pete could have something and he will prove it in pre season given the chance...​
Lastly yes it would be interesting to see how Trey Lance battles with Cooper rush see who might come out on top....
Once the term “change of pace scat back” is used it’s going to be a long season.

plymkr

Reaction score
I expect nothing.
After Jerry's all in comments and then doing virtually nothing, I have no positive expectations the rest of this year.
I expect nothing after we came out so flat against the Packers. We’ve added nothing to the team besides drama and gossip. Drama and gossip don’t win football games. My expectations are pretty low going into this season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect little to nothing for the upcoming season . . . but, all the while, hoping for the best. The upcoming season will be one that surely appears to be one that bears waiting patiently for the FO to become reasonably proactive for a change.
:thumbup:If they're willing to wait out 2024, so am I.