Love Witten's toughness, but...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
superpunk;2440441 said:
The fear of seeing Tony Curtis on the field any more than he has to be makes me say play Witten as long as Witten wants to play. It's not like we can just go on auto-pilot and make the playoffs. it's desperate times.

Fair enough, I just hope it doesn't get worse. I seriously thought he was done for a while after that hit yesterday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kramskoi;2440639 said:
right, because if the playoffs started today, guess who'd be staying home...

i'm afraid that its all hands on deck until the end this year, which might help them to smash the December jinx...Dallas is really in a precarious situation in regards to the NFC South, the outcome of which has been thrown into disarray by Atlanta's win over Carolina yesterday.

Atlanta may end up having more to say in whether or not Dallas makes the playoffs...Dallas would have better prospects against Tampa [head to head] and Carolina if they continue to slip down the stretch.

Finally, Dallas really needs Washington to lose this week against NYG and next week at Baltimore. This would leave them a cushion against further losses.

However they do need to take care of business against both the division and the conference. I think they can ill afford to lose more than one game the rest of the way because, for the moment at least, the conference is highly competitive over the two wildcard slots and Dallas will surely need help from other teams, which is a stark reversal of fortune compared to last year.

Really all Dallas needs to do is go out and win, if they do that everything else will fall into place. Some of these contender will end up knocking each other out. I do agree if a player can go then he has to play we are not in a position to be resting players because they are dinged up. If you injured and can't go then you can't go but if a player feels he can then he needs to be out there.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
LoL i like this. Witten is slowing do....Thursday he will have 8 catches for 121 yards and a 2 TD.

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
TheCount;2440643 said:
Fair enough, I just hope it doesn't get worse. I seriously thought he was done for a while after that hit yesterday.
The coaches should have rested him after that hit he took. We had a big enough lead for him to sit out the rest of the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DatNguyen59;2440725 said:
The coaches should have rested him after that hit he took. We had a big enough lead for him to sit out the rest of the game.

To an extent I agree with you but I think Witten insistence of going back in shows the players around him what he is willing to do for the team and hopefully inspires them to do the same

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
He's the type of player, if he was hurting us, he wouldn't be out there. It's not a matter of him being too stubborn to sit. He's showing he's a leader and doing the things he can do that will help this team win games.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Well
It's Wittens decision on whether he wants to play right now through injury
honestly i think we should rest him and let bennet get the start