Lovie Smith anyone?

cern

Reaction score
we should be thinking higher than dc. that alone is too systemic to the real problem. mac isn't the answer. i get covid, no ota's or practices, but the poor decision making is inexcusable.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It will be a McCarthy hire. McCarthy clearly likes the 3-4 defense. I imagine Jim Haslett will be on the short list. I wonder if Marvin Lewis would actually come help his friend try to fix this situation.
Is the friend McCarthy or Stephen Jones?

Stephen loves him some Marvin Lewis.

quickccc

Reaction score
Just got fired by Illinois. Could be a candidate as a 4-3 DC here.

No.
He's been away from NFL for quite awhile ,,,and he's a conservative 4-3 DC and only knows the the Tampa 2 defense which i'd like to shy away from.
More of the bend don't break - and what's the improvement of that over what we had with Rod Marinelli?

Lovie only prefers to blitz when his defense is in red zone. and he prefers Not to blitz, and his bltizes are not imaginative at that.

He basically shut down Brian Urlacher's blitzing skills in preferring more the Middle LB dropping in coverage more.
and Urlacher is probably the best

there are more 4-3 DCs i much rather have than Lovie;
Dan Quinn
Kris Richard
George Edwards

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It will be a McCarthy hire. McCarthy clearly likes the 3-4 defense. I imagine Jim Haslett will be on the short list. I wonder if Marvin Lewis would actually come help his friend try to fix this situation.
Then MM should be fired. Mr we will make scheme fit players smh. Constant lies from fat boy

75boyz

Reaction score
Would be an improvement over Nolan but that's not saying much. Would be a 4-3 guy which is definitely the best alignment for the current personnel. Would need several drafts to acquire the proper personnel for a switch to a base 3-4.

Hopefully his 4-3 scheme wouldn't look the same as Marinelli's BBDB version.

I believe Lovie's defenses did actually get turnovers too.

So there's that.

Big D

Reaction score
460764890.jpg