<Provocative and/or Inflammatory Thread Title Involving Good Cowboys Player>

superpunk

Reaction score
<Re-statement of Provocative and/or Inflammatory Thread Premise>

<Offering of faulty anecdotal evidence from around the league, likely involving some recent playoff performance. The less you think about this paragraph, the better. You can spend the next 4 pages of thread trying to rationalize your poorly-thought-out argument to the people who are poking holes in it.>

<Offer outrageously moronic solution to Inflammatory Thread Premise>

The template is yours.

perrykemp

Reaction score
superpunk;3807768 said:

<Offering of faulty anecdotal evidence from around the league, likely involving some recent playoff performance. The less you think about this paragraph, the better. You can spend the next 4 pages of thread trying to rationalize your poorly-thought-out argument to the people who are poking holes in it.>

The template is yours.

Kurt Walden, OLB (Green Bay) would send D.Ware to bench if the Cowboys had kept him. Did you see his 3 sacks in week 16 -- that equates to 48/season -- more than doubling the NFL record.

How can we have been so stupid?

Would the Packers accept a package of DWare and Dez in return for getting Walden back?

superpunk

Reaction score
perrykemp;3807773 said:
Kurt Walden, OLB (Green Bay) would send D.Ware to bench if the Cowboys had kept him. Did you see his 3 sacks in week 16 -- that equates to 48/season -- more than doubling the NFL record.

Would the Packers accept a package of DWare and Dez in return for getting Walden back?
Style points awarded for getting his name wrong.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;3807768 said:

The template is yours.

already seen enough in the "trade dez" thread. wish i'd read this first and it would have saved me a lot of time.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You forgot that you have to start the absurd post by stating how long you've been a fan for. :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3807793 said:
You forgot that you have to start the absurd post by stating how long you've been a fan for. :laugh2:

Also if you could drop as many reference to unquantifiable measuring criteria that is for the best. "Leadership" "intensity" "QB pressures" "focus" are all solid bases from which to begin your argument.

Since you can't offer a quantification in the first place, noone can challenge you on it. (Instant victory - they cannot defeat you if they don't know where the battlefield is) And bingo - you've got a 5 pager where noone actually knows what you are talking about.

"So guys I'm thinking (player X) doesn't have the same intensity that (legendary player who played the same position for player X's team in the past) has. Therefore we should think about replacing him."

links18

Reaction score
"Troy Aikman is a Cowboys hating ingrate who is out to destroy the organization. "

Oh wait, half the board believes that......:rolleyes:

superpunk

Reaction score
links18;3807799 said:
"Troy Aikman is a Cowboys hating ingrate who is out to destroy the organization. "

Oh wait, half the board believes that......:rolleyes:
Please don't pollute my thread with some "realist" critique of the homers.

Thanks.

perrykemp

Reaction score
superpunk;3807797 said:
Also if you could drop as many reference to unquantifiable measuring criteria that is for the best. "Leadership" "intensity" "QB pressures" "focus" are all solid bases from which to begin your argument.

Since you can't offer a quantification in the first place, noone can challenge you on it. (Instant victory - they cannot defeat you if they don't know where the battlefield is) And bingo - you've got a 5 pager where noone actually knows what you are talking about.

"So guys I'm thinking (player X) doesn't have the same intensity that (legendary player who played the same position for player X's team in the past) has. Therefore we should think about replacing him."

Clay Matthews is clearly more "impactful" than D.Ware.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk;3807797 said:

Clutch-nicity > Intensity

dwmyers

Reaction score
superpunk;3807768 said:

The template is yours.

Surprised you don't have 999 responses and 9,999 views already.

Bet this thread lasts a year.

David.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
perrykemp;3807773 said:

This is going to be a good thread :laugh1:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think they hand this to ESPNDallas reporters along with their 401K enrollment plan on the first day of being hired.

YR

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few years ago we drafted a promising player to play on special teams.
He turned into what everybody considered a JAG. He was such a JAG that every wanted him gone, everyone was mad that wasted a pick on him and nobody can remember his name...that much of a JAG.

Well I recently got a tweet or twitter or spitter or whatever it is called...from him. Turns out he just made employee of the month at Bennie's Bean emporium bar and grille.

It is just a matter of time before Rueage kicks in on the board.

superpunk

Reaction score
dwmyers;3807817 said:
Surprised you don't have 999 responses and 9,999 views already.

Bet this thread lasts a year.

David.
I start only the finest threads.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Proposed thread title: Jerry Jones is ruining Matt McBrier!!

Stay with me here Guys! I know I'm going to get flamed for this but please no that I bleed Cowboys star blood and Im onto something hear.

I really know that Jerry Jones is ruining Matt McBrier and I no its on purpose. I have a trusteable source that says that in practice McBrier rootineley punts the ball 80 yards but Jerry won't let him do it during the game because hes trying to protect his investment and stadium. I know it sounds crazy but lets go to the tape. If you compare what McBrier did two years ago you can see this is true!

So go ahead -- flame away but don't blame me and say you heard it hear first when McBrier is traded for nothing to a contender and averages 65 yards per punt!