<Provocative and/or Inflammatory Thread Title Involving Good Cowboys Player>

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
superpunk;3807768 said:
<Offer outrageously moronic solution to Inflammatory Thread Premise>

Finally someone agrees with me. I've only been saying this since <insert date before board join date> and all the <insert players name> apologists were telling me I was wrong. But whatever, they can keep drinking their koolaid. <Trading or Cutting> a player like <insert players name> is the type of move that <insert team name with best record in NFL> makes all the time, but that's what happens when you have an actual GM.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;3808759 said:
Finally someone agrees with me. I've only been saying this since <insert date before board join date> and all the <insert players name> apologists were telling me I was wrong. But whatever, they can keep drinking their koolaid. <Trading or Cutting> a player like <insert players name> is the type of move that <insert team name with best record in NFL> makes all the time, but that's what happens when you have an actual GM.

your sig made me laugh. and well done on the craftsmanship :laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now who can top the greatness of this post?

:laugh2:

proline

Reaction score
Vintage;3808469 said:
<insert obligatory rebuttal about how team x is > team y, thus player x is > than player y>

<insert derogatory remark about superpunks. Style points awarded if you incorporate his mom into the post>

Enough with the template thing. If templates really worked, everyone would just copy what the Patriots have been doing for the last two decades. They've completely dominated the free agency era, and it isn't just because Tom Bradie is better than Troy Aikmen. It's because of the winning attitude that Parcells brought there. If Jerry hadn't canned Bill, we wouldn't still be struggling to win against pitiful teams, and our two TE offense of Fasano and Whitten would still be around and it would be able to control the time of possession better.

I've been a fan since I was a kid, and I wish other so-called "fans" would take this team more seriously and really think about what makes this franchise great, and more importantly who we could trade Romo for to help us take the next step. Superpunk only starts these kinds of "humor" threads because he doesn't know anything about football, and he's mad that I incorporated his mom last night!

:D :D :D

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
casmith07;3808142 said:
I've been a fan for over 20 years, and let me tell you - DeMarcus Ware is not a playmaker, guys, face the facts, stop drinking the kool-aid and pumping the sunshine that you can only block when your homer glasses are on.

I've watched countless hours of film that I've been able to obtain from a friend of mine that knows this guy that watches the kids of a scout's daughter, and I can tell you this: Clay Matthews is head and shoulders better than DeMarcus Ware. All of DeMarcus Ware's sacks, ALL 15.5 of them this year were in garbage time when the game was already decided, and every single one of Clay Matthews' sacks was on a critical 3rd down play that would have inevitably and assuredly led to Green Bay losing that game. His drive, intensity, leadership ability, and long hair were clearly the reason Green Bay hung 40+ on the Falcons, because without his leadership Aaron Rodgers would have folded under pressure.

I think we can start by trading Ware, maybe for a 1st, 3rd, and a 6th and then use those picks to draft a "stud" like Matthews in the first round, and then maybe trade up into the middle of the first and draft a QB to replace Romo since he clearly sucks. We also need to sign Nnamdi Asomugha immediately, and get Haloti Ngata too and then those three will be able to generate a real pass rush since DeMarcus Ware doesn't ever make any plays.

You know now that i think about it, witten is also having a down year. so if we strike while the iron is hot we could prob get three first rounders and a 6th/7th. use the sixth to get crayton back, use our original 3rd rounder to trade with for st. louis for danny "the goat"amendola. Follow me here, we then trade Dez to pittsburgh for Flozell who we should have kept and Pouncey who we should have jumped up and drafted.

So going on that, we should ship out miles while he is young ( hurd can take the spot) You know, the way the pats do things. so i was thinking we could prob snag patrick willis for him straight up. thats takes care of the middle. As Ca mentioned, Tony's getting up there in age and is still sucking, so were gonna have to put him down soon. So im thinking we trade our first rounders to move up to number in the top 5 and take Cam newton to groom. Heisman trophy, national championship, leadership, integrity, proven winner.These traits cannot be taught. Also, exteremly accurate.

We are gonna need a safety, so i was thinking that we bring back cletis gordon and convert him to FS. why did we cut him in the first place is what i am wondering? Just in case you're wondering i have facts and stats that will prove these moves will make us more successfull, just ask and ill be happy to prove it to you and show you your wrong. What do ya think zoners? Oh and I heard that Ken Hamlin might be availabe, should we bring him in for a look?

Pokeness

Reaction score
Plumfool;3807790 said:
Braylon Edwards. Backflip. End of story.

Shouldn't the Jets be penalized 15 yards on the opening kickoff next week due to the excessive celebration by Braylon Edwards so selfishly calling attention to himself?!

:lmao2:

Pokeness

Reaction score
And what about that ex-Cowboy kicking convention in the playoffs?
:bang2:

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
<I know what I see, and stats of (player C) or (situation Y) don't tell the whole story. Why you people don't see it just says how much of homers you really are.>

CCBoy

Reaction score
casmith07;3808643 said:
For great justice, take off every zig.

Just for shock and grins? Now, take Rob Ryan and mix him in on the attitude of that same, supposedly, inept DeMarcus Ware. By the way, being all 'cerebral' and trash time successful...he has accumulated sacks when? When he was NOT the focus of things going on the field.

Now, give that same opposing line the problems accross the board, that a Green Bay, or Steeler team does in pass rushing, and watch THEN if Ware becomes a defineable and pressure time SHOW UP.

Naw, Cas...I'm not buying off on this We Are The World tune that puts another Lawrence Taylor into the mold of a Snibley Whiplash. Give Ware the equivalent of the supporting linebackers that Taylor had beside him, and then see how he does or doesn't show up at crunch time. If the ONLY person a team has to worry about is Ware...how hard is it to really take him out of play on a consistent basis?

ANY great receiver can be taken out considerations if he is the sole threat. Same with today's rushers. Nope, a team such as Green Bay ALSO has an attention getter at nose and more push at the defensive ends. The rookie, Mathews, has been a good add, but give Ware a similar and supporting cast, and look again.

As to temperament, Ryan should help add a touch of angry to the formula...but as to trading off for picks, just pass out yellow slips to Davis, Barber, Brooking, Roy Williams, and Colombo.

Sorry, I don't buy this one from you...no matter how much you wrinkle a brow and tute a horn.

superpunk

Reaction score

SaltwaterServr;3808819 said:
<I know what I see, and stats of (player C) or (situation Y) don't tell the whole story. Why you people don't see it just says how much of homers you really are.>

Both excellent additions. I forgot about the "Realist who was persecuted for something he didn't say on this board" and the "Board scout who has no use for facts".

Prossman

Reaction score
I hate to be the one to say this but.... The single reason the cowboy defense went from giving up 17 pts per game to the most points in cowboy history, was losing bobby carpenter. Clearly zoners it was the obvious jealousy of his surfer boy looks that made fans biased to the obvious ferocity that made "Barbie " the glue that held it all togeather! So stop your hatin and start a "bring back barbie campaign" so we can get this ship righted once and for all! Prossman

dwmyers

Reaction score
Prossman;3815552 said:
I hate to be the one to say this but.... The single reason the cowboy defense went from giving up 17 pts per game to the most points in cowboy history, was losing bobby carpenter. Clearly zoners it was the obvious jealousy of his surfer boy looks that made fans biased to the obvious ferocity that made "Barbie " the glue that held it all togeather! So stop your hatin and start a "bring back barbie campaign" so we can get this ship righted once and for all! Prossman

:hammer: :starspin :lombardi: :starspin :bounce: :grouphug: :toast2:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I certainly believe that Dallas can't pass block very well or even run at all when it's absolutely necessary to get that 3rd and 2 because they suffer from Ron Stone syndrome. I think they let that guy go WAY too early in his career. Look at the history of drafting stud offensive linemen ever since then?? We've let go of guys on the offensive line that eventually panned out and have gone on to successful albeit moderately productive playing years. Now look at us. Dallas desperately needs offensive linemen once again and a new direction. Would it be too much to see if Ron Springs could learn how to coach and strike up a coaching relationship with Garrett. Why not? Put me down for Logan Mankins, Haloti Ngata, and the first four draft pciks as ALL offensive lineman... :eek:

dwmyers

Reaction score
Big Country;3816212 said:
I certainly believe that Dallas can't pass block very well or even run at all when it's absolutely necessary to get that 3rd and 2 because they suffer from Ron Stone syndrome. I think they let that guy go WAY too early in his career. Look at the history of drafting stud offensive linemen ever since then?? We've let go of guys on the offensive line that eventually panned out and have gone on to successful albeit moderately productive playing years. Now look at us. Dallas desperately needs offensive linemen once again and a new direction. Would it be too much to see if Ron Springs could learn how to coach and strike up a coaching relationship with Garrett. Why not? Put me down for Logan Mankins, Haloti Ngata, and the first four draft pciks as ALL offensive lineman... :eek:

nice one!

ETex

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3808242 said:
BREAKING REPORT OUT OF VALLEY RANCH! Tony Romo will miss 6-8 weeks due to Herpes. The cause of his absence, is once again Chris Gronkowski.

Thanks man :mad:

You made me spit out mah beer:lmao2::bow: