Lucky the scapegoat?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
That can certainly be the case, I just don't think it's likely that a person that is from Manassas would be in Dallas taking a flight to Manassas while Lucky was in Manassas.

I also doubt that a person would use a fake ID for a plane trip rather than a person using a fake ID when they get arrested.

I'm not particularly crestfallen over Lucky being cut, but I think it's silly for people to be happy about this because they didn't like that he fumbled the ball a few times. And it's even sillier for people to completely jump to a conclusion before all of the facts are presented.

YR

I'm happy about it simply because I didn't think he was very good and I hated that stupid jet sweep play that everyone could see coming a mile away and they continued to use it like they were fooling everyone. If that play is gone now, I will be very happy.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Supposedly the cops have dropped the charges and admitted it was mistaken identity.

First his dog is kidnapped. Then he's falsely accused of theft, which subsequently leads to his release from the Cowboys. He should change his name to Unlucky Whitehead.

Reaction score
Supposedly the cops have dropped the charges and admitted it was mistaken identity.

First his dog is kidnapped. Then he's falsely accused of theft, which subsequently leads to his release from the Cowboys. He should change his name to Unlucky Whitehead.

And there you have it. This organization is the model of dysfunction right now. You just cant make this stuff up if you tried.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm happy about it simply because I didn't think he was very good and I hated that stupid jet sweep play that everyone could see coming a mile away and they continued to use it like they were fooling everyone. If that play is gone now, I will be very happy.

I'm not sure why you hate the Jet Sweep so much. He's average 9.5 yards per carry with that play.

YR

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Details are still murky and I generally am in favor of more discipline for this team, but if Lucky's agent is right, it seems like he was scapegoated to make a point. News stories say Lucky was "summonsed" to appear for petit larceny charge. Which means he was not arrested at the scene, but rather was given a court date to appear. And the summons says the time of the incident was 130 am when he was supposedly was not yet in VA (his flight landed 1130 am). If that is true, his comments that he was unaware of the court date and his agent's comments that he was not there at the time of the incident MAY be true (I don't think they are; there is probably video). Anyway, I think the cut had more to do with Switzer and sending a message than Lucky's guilt.

http://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article163314658.html

I heard it was because he withheld this event from the Cowboys and they had to find out the hard way. He should have immediately brought it to the Cowboys attention of that is in fact true.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you hate the Jet Sweep so much. He's average 9.5 yards per carry with that play.

YR

I agree and at times faking the jet sweep to get defenders moving in that direction and be able to counter off of it be it with the run or pass. I expect Dallas will continue to use the play with someone else.