Signed by Cowboys Lunda Wells being brought in as new TE coach

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
t1ds9nzwecgpsnhpmk0s.jpg

Between he and McCarthy, there's isn't a BBQ safe within 20 miles.
He reminds me of Biggie Smalls :laugh:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It was more of a joke, but have you seen their offense the past few years? It hasn't been great. Of course that's not on the TE coach, but..he was part of it.

Well one the giants suck at the position because Ingram can never stay healthy and the guys behind him should be scrubbing toilets at Walmart.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I still wouldn't rule him out as some part of the team.......the lockerroom is screaming for leadership.

Verdict

Reaction score
If he can still get it done let him play limited snaps. Limiting his snaps will help get our other TE quality snaps. Witten is a dinosaur but can still be useful.

Useful for what? A door stop? A speed bump? A cheerleader? Maybe.

NFL tight end? No. Not worth a roster spot.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't know whether to blame it on him, or the coaching staff that allowed it. I think I'm gonna go with coaching staff that allowed it. They're the ones that effectively lied to us and said that he wouldn't be playing all the time and then played him all the time.

You knew they would let him dictate his snap count and play every down because they had done it for years. I was pissed off at Garrett about that more than most of his other bone headedness

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like the hire for 1 simple reason, it is McCarthy hire. I want McCarthy to hire the people he wants and trust. Not who Jerry wants, not who fans want. McCarthy is HC it is his choice and his alone and that I like very much.

Verdict

Reaction score
I still wouldn't rule him out as some part of the team.......the lockerroom is screaming for leadership.

If leadership is being a selfish progress stopper who underperforms I’ll pass on that kind of “leadership”. It’s funny how so many who hate Jerry’s propaganda are willing to buy it on certain players.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Rather turn the page. We've gotten nowhere with his leadership. Young guys with big paychecks need to grow up.

You could right but not sure many know this but Mike's a huge proponent of the so-called alpha dog. Expect to hear it from his own mouth at some point.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Maybe a philosophy change is coming.

Engram and Witten are on different planets as to what they can do as a Tight End.
Do not think he is coming to teach Witten anything.

It's the rest of the TEs who need a new approach.

Think about how much Rodgers uses his TEs to make big plays in their offense. They generally are receivers..not run blockers.

Look for a high draft pick on another TE in April. Jay Novechek was never a blocker but he was one of Aikman's main weapons.

McCarthy needs a pass catcher to fix things and stop running the position by committee.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm not impressed with this hire other than they didn't give it to Witten.

That and it's a McCarthy hire. As long as he gets his own guys, that's what ultimately matters. We can only hope that he's a solid hire.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If leadership is being a selfish progress stopper who underperforms I’ll pass on that kind of “leadership”. It’s funny how so many who hate Jerry’s propaganda are willing to buy it on certain players.

I assume this is meant for me but I have no idea what you talking about but either way, we'll see what Mike decides, which is fine by me.