LVE a championship MLB?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He's improved and has had the occasional GREAT game but he is inconsistent and not the green dot we need to take defense to next level.

Need to create more takeaways AND limit explosive plays more, especially vs run game.

Last edited:

jujoboys

Reaction score
In all fairness to LVE, MLB is just one of many of the positions where we don't have championship caliber players. Other than Micha Parsons or Zach Martin it would hard to make an argument for any other player on the roster being championship caliber or elite at their positions. You might be able to make and argument for Trevon Diggs but Martin and Parsons are the only slam dunks I see.

blueblood70

Reaction score
is this a championship offense..you've been served defense a lot closer than offense. champion ship OC, HC, etc etc TEAMS win championships and right now , worrying about LVE is moot point. at some point Cox and that LSU kid we drafted on IR will take his place..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
is this a championship offense..you've been served defense a lot closer than offense. champion ship OC, HC, etc etc TEAMS win championships and right now , worrying about LVE is moot point. at some point Cox and that LSU kid we drafted on IR will take his place..

Reactive vs proactive amirite?

I see you.

Ken

Reaction score
He's improved and has had the occasional GREAT game but he is inconsistent and not the green dot we need to take defense to next level.

Need to create more takeaways AND limit explosive plays more, especially vs run game.

LVE is a good player on a good contract.

Same with Barr.

I think you can win a Super Bowl with both playing in the middle.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

You don't need pro-bowlers at every spot. That's impossible, you just need to have enough pro-bowlers and limit the number of weak spots. I don't consider LVE a weak spot. We can win with him.

817Gill

Reaction score
Kearse is the green dot guy so using that against LVE doesn’t work.

Regardless, elite MLB play is not a necessity for winning football in 2022. This is not 2001.

Can you name the MLB for either super bowl team last year? How about for KC?

It’s one of those positions where it’s nice to have but it’s not a top 5 importance position. You get solid play there you’ll be just fine.

kazzd58

Reaction score

Mannnn……. G. HIJK ….. L NAWW!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Same with Barr.

Barr is TBD and I still have high hopes for him.

Cowboys base defense is Big Nickel so that means 3 safeties and ONE LB.

I am on pins and needles when offenses run vs our base defense. Because LVE is better in coverage than vs run, even as big as he is. And the other LBs are actually a safety and the slot corner.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Kearse is the green dot guy so using that against LVE doesn’t work.

Regardless, elite MLB play is not a necessity for winning football in 2022. This is not 2001.

Can you name the MLB for either super bowl team last year? How about for KC?

It’s one of those positions where it’s nice to have but it’s not a top 5 importance position. You get solid play there you’ll be just fine.

The more green dots the better.

And FYI Kearse is out.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
He flashes off and on, maybe a bit still too tentative and a split second slow.

I'd like to see him play more instinctively; attack... be more aggressive. He's a big boy to the degree he could be an intimidator. I think he tackles good and has a vice grip bear hug.

Wonder if he has a mental block regarding his old injury?

Always like those big MLBs.

JBS

Reaction score
Is championship like second division ?

If so, yes. He’s a championship MLB

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Football is becoming closer to a 7 on 7, speed-in-space passing game. The guys on the outside matter. The guys on the inside don't.

LVE is a good space player and is working really cheap. You will never trust his neck long term, but on a 1 year $3M deal you don't have to.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Exactly why Jerry didn't give him an extension, but instead a one year deal. He'll ne gone next year along with Nose Ring Ewok.

Same with Barr.

o_O

817Gill

Reaction score
The more green dots the better.

And FYI Kearse is out.
You can only have one on the field at a time but if you’re implying that when Kearse is hurt someone else should be ready I get it.

Don’t think we’ve had much issue with that so far though in the one and a half games without Kearse. Still think it’s a bit nit-picky.

Give me high caliber players at QB, O-lineman, WR, d-lineman and CB and you have a championship level starting unit. LB’s, TE’s, and RB’s can be average and you’ll be just fine with the way the game is played today.

Reactions: BAT

John813

Reaction score
He's average. Better than he was to start last year at least.

No longer that edge to edge special linebacker but right now he's good enough.

With Barr and Kearse I'm not too worried. Especially if Cox can get back in the mix.

Clark though to me is still a wildcard. Spinal fusion leaves me wondering if he'll be like LVE. Average but wondering what if

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Reactive vs proactive amirite?

I see you.
I see you trying to nitpick a defense that's working..cox should get more snaps soon etc etc .. yup i see a complainer, whiner, & nitpicker, who likes to hear himself type..:facepalm::muttley:Oh and i see you rare an internet keyboard Gm trying to talk fans into an idea the team isn't reading or reacting to your ideas.. I'll trust Quinn over you or anyone here 1000% and twice on gameday!!:popcorn:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I see you trying to nitpick a defense that's working..cox should get more snaps soon etc etc .. yup i see a complainer, whiner, & nitpicker, who likes to hear himself type..:facepalm::muttley:Oh and i see you rare an internet keyboard Gm trying to talk fans into an idea the team isn't reading or reacting to your ideas.. I'll trust Quinn over you or anyone here 1000% and twice on gameday!!:popcorn:

LOL

We've heard your opinions on CZ. A LOT.

So spare me the histrionics when we all know you've got more wrong than right.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
He flashes off and on, maybe a bit still too tentative and a split second slow.

This is the issue with LVE. He is so inconsistent. Possibly tentative.

It is true you can't have pro bowlers at every position. Plus you can't make plays on every single snap.

But you need to do your job each and every play.

With LVE I would like to see him be consistent with his level of play. If he can hit RBs hard, then I want to see him also hit o-lineman hard. Engage with violence, stack them up and shed them like a cheap pair of used underwear.

He doesn't have to be the fastest, the smartest, but I want him to just do his job. We are not looking for tackles for losses on every single play, but at least be in on the tackle, plug up the hole, engage the o-lineman and drive them back/stall them.