LVE had a great game

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what happens at LB in the offseason. My guess is that only one of LVE, Smith, and Neal return.

A lot of it depends on how they do during the year if they stay healthy, and how much they will cost, but another factor is how well they complement Parsons and Cox

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Made some big plays. On the sack, just his size intimidated Herbert into going to the ground. Made some other solid plays stopping runs for no gains. Great game by him.
The entire defense looked different. I think they came out angry after last weeks loss. Good tired come the fourth quarter but we hung in there. The safeties look amazing

fivetwos

Reaction score
Made some big plays. On the sack, just his size intimidated Herbert into going to the ground. Made some other solid plays stopping runs for no gains. Great game by him.
Gotta rewatch but I recall him being in on some plays.

Really, the entire team played very well.

Couple coaching issues but that's splitting hairs by comparison.

I'm very encouraged. This defense can be very, very good by mid season.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Going to be unfortunate if LVE goes on to have a great season to watch him sign elsewhere all the while Dallas gave J. Smith the contract extension.
That’s the NFL. As long as he plays good while he’s here. We let many go. They played better after they left. Whether it’s the scheme I don’t know

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Lve played very well yesterday. The defense played pretty well. But could not step on a lot of 3rd downs. But they came out with more turnovers so that’s a plus.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lve played very well yesterday. The defense played pretty well. But could not step on a lot of 3rd downs. But they came out with more turnovers so that’s a plus.

Kearse mentioned that after the game, that they were not happy with allowing the chargers off the hook on many of the 3rd downs and said it was something they need to work on and improve on.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Kearse mentioned that after the game, that they were not happy with allowing the chargers off the hook on many of the 3rd downs and said it was something they need to work on and improve on.
That’s great to hear they knew that was a problem. Now it’s time to fix it. We’ll get Wilson snd Gregory likely back next week as well

Mr_437

Reaction score
When did the bar get lowered? Real talk, maybe i have to let go of his rookie year, and accept LVE as an average LB.

Iago33

Reaction score
It sounds like Kearse is a hater who can’t enjoy a win!

Nexx

Reaction score
I thought he and Jaylon played well at LB

Jaylon was still bad. On plays where he had a free run he did what any linebacker should do. Too many times still he got washed out of the play by a lineman. The man cannot shed or get around a block to save his life.

starfan1

Reaction score
Jaylon was still bad. On plays where he had a free run he did what any linebacker should do. Too many times still he got washed out of the play by a lineman. The man cannot shed or get around a block to save his life.
If learned to lower my expectations with him then there’s no disappointment

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When did the bar get lowered? Real talk, maybe i have to let go of his rookie year, and accept LVE as an average LB.
The bar got lowered about 2 years ago. Rookie LVE thus far was his peak.

I been hard on him but it is what it is.......gotta give him his due yesterday. At this point I'm not even looking for All Pro play out of him and Jaylon. I'm just looking for them to do their job. The bar has been lowered and we can win some games if that's the type of contribution LVE gives yesterday.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its because you literally focus on what he CAN'T do. The bar has been lowered and he made some plays out there. You can literally look at anyone on the defense and pinpoint their flaws and what they did wrong yesterday.

cffl2323

Reaction score
He had two great plays in a row. The announcers were busy tapping about something else but the play right before he sacked Herbert LVE shot a gap and drew a big hold that pushed them back another 10 yards. Then he sacked Herbert to force 4th and long and then we roughed the punter.

I couldn't believe Romo was kind of second guessing if it was a hold or not. It was one of the more obvious holds I've seen. Agree that LVE looked good though, now if we can find some healthy DE's we may be on to something defensively.