LVE or Hernandez?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Pick 19. It’s down to these two. Trading back is not an option. Who do you take and why?
My thoughts?

Will- the pros: plug and play LG. Nasty run blocker. Allows us to leave Collins at RT and allows Fleming to be the swing. For better or worse the identity of this team is the OL and the run game so keep stocking it with talent. Keeping the other offense off the field helps the D.
Cons. Yet another 1st round pick on the OL. Won’t be able to keep them all. And a whole bunch of other holes remain open.

LVE- the pros: would fill perhaps the biggest hole on the team- MLB. Off the charts athlete with coverage ability that makes him ideal in this scheme. Would be a 3 down player which is huge. Only scratching the surface.
Cons. Only scratching the surface. Boom or bust type, only one huge year of production. Some say he isn’t physical enough given his size. Can we afford a miss?

I’m really torn. What say you CZ?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love Hernandez AND LVE...both of my pet cats. The thread topic assumes pretty much that the board wont have any better options fall out of the top 10...which each draft,ALWAYS HAPPENS. I think someone like a McGlinchey or Edmunds will free fall. Because QB's will go off the board in rapid fire..thus pushing players far beyond down the board than they should.But if I must choose I got to go with Hernandez. He's just too proven..too pro ready to pass up. He's a plug and play guard now. LVE is more of an enigma..but with huge potential.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There's going to be so many solid guards in rounds 2/3 we should be maximizing value and taking one there.

There's going to be a solid defender for us to take in the 1st.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
I take Will in 19. But I do want to trade up back in 1st to get LVE. Just watched like 5 of his videos play by play. I think thats all of it on youtube. Used to be a QB before linebacker so he has good instincts and sees plays sometimes. Good zone coverage ability, sometimes man but won't cover fast receivers. He passes off to the safeties for that. Very good motor! Very physical. Needs to shed blockers more, but sometimes there are times you really can't.

Believe this is his best of all the videos that I've seen. I'm certain he has more videos that scouts have access to because he sure as hell didn't play 5 games. And as posters said, he has potential to be better if learned under a mentor like Sean Lee and the coaches.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Probably take Vita Vea who likes to toss centers around while getting the running back successfully.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Might want to build a defense before rebuilding one of the best O lines in the NFL. If you can't develop/obtain 2 guys in 7 years to supplement your 3 all-Pros that cost 3 first round picks, you're never going to have the resources to build a championship team.

So, between the 2, I'd take LVE.

Hardline

Reaction score
LVE has way too much bust potential.
Hernandez is a day one starter with pro bowl potential.

Just take Hernandez and be happy the oline is dominant and Zeke is breaking off huge chunks of yardage.

The running game is the Cowboys best defensive player.

Klingo3034

Reaction score

Just take Hernandez and be happy the oline is dominant and Zeke is breaking off huge chunks of yardage.

In other words, offense is the best defense is applied here?

Gaede

Reaction score

Exactly. Hernandez does more for this team than LVE.
And plays the type of physical football this team wants to play. LVE not so much