LVE or Hernandez?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Austin Corbett & Braden Smith can as well. You don't have to spend a 1st rnd pick on an OG.
Now I do like Braden Smith...the Auburn kid. He might be a steal at 50. Might even get lucky and get him in round 3. Hernandez just looks the part tho..he plays nasty and wants to hurt ya...How many 340 pound guards do you know of that have his power,movement skills and mean streak? Plus he is very smart.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This team isn't capable of finding starters in later rounds

You don't get the best talent by worrying about "resources."
A first tier guard benefits this team than a second tier LB
I've already come to the realization that the Cowboys most likely won't be taking a OL anyway in the first round.
your tiers are off. Hernandez is not tier 1.
Somenowh people think we need 5 1st round lineman and a top 4 RB to run the ball. It's baffling.
Its driving me insane.
I swear. If we take another OL I don't wanna hear any of them complain when we fail on defense year after year again....

kskboys

Reaction score
You draft the best player available . You don' fill quotas.
Hernandez helps this team win more games than LVE.
At 19 Hernandez is still BPA over LVE.
Hernandez is specifically a LG. We need a RT.

As far as who is the BPA, that's close, too close to call.

And did you forget that we signed Fleming? He's our RT, Lael goes back to G, we're set.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am flummoxed as to why we need to take an OG at 19 to get a great OL.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
It’s like 2014 and 2016 never happened.

Where we had elite OLs without having an elite OL at every spot along the OL but both times came up small in the big game because we had no defense.

So let’s draft an OL again at 19. Makes sense.

I also like how it’s just a foregone conclusion that an OG from UTEP is gonna just step in and be a stud from day one.

We had a defense last season, best one we have had in years but our offense took a step back because we were missing Zeke, and this O-line had not been what it was prior and plus we had no depth.

Add someone like Hernandez, we are most likely running all over defenses again, and also have adaquate depth in case of injury (Tyron), with Fleming.

We have all the rest of those draft picks to utilize on our already much improved defense. As of the moment we will have Irving for the whole season, possibility of Gregory returning, Taco in year 2, and the addition of Ealy who is very solid player even if the last two I mentioned don't pan out.

Point is, getting this offense back on track is key to this teams clock control identity. Our defense is already better than where we were at in those past p/o games, and alot of picks there still to improve that D further.

TexasTriumph

Reaction score
Hernandez. The fastest route to us returning to the playoffs. Would love to pick up this beast and then see the top defenses get pummeled into oblivion
by our running game. 5 number ones on that O-line would be one hell of a sledge hammer...

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hernandez is specifically a LG. We need a RT.

As far as who is the BPA, that's close, too close to call.

And did you forget that we signed Fleming? He's our RT, Lael goes back to G, we're set.

But do we know that Collins is going back to G for sure?

4th_and_short

Reaction score
A ball control offense doesn't work if your defense can't get off the field. Too many resources and $$$ is tied up into the OLine as it is. There are more Gs that can be drafted later that should start immediately between All-Pros Smith and Fredrick.

Take LVE and suffer through the growing pains initially. MLB is a huge need and the talent drop off after LVE and Evans is pretty big. He's got the potential to be a real stud and good company between Lee and Smith to grow with.

cnuball21

Reaction score
W/ the signing of Fleming, it appears very likely.

I'm all for it, but they could be viewing Fleming as a swing tackle.

I do find it odd that they've got a handful of visits with some of the drafts top Tackles.

They could be looking at drafting a OT early to groom, have him be the swing OT for a year or so, then let him become the starter when Fleming's deal runs out. All the while moving COllins back to LG.

A lot to consider...specially since some scouting reports mention moving guys like Williams and McGlinchey to G at the next level.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm all for it, but they could be viewing Fleming as a swing tackle.

I do find it odd that they've got a handful of visits with some of the drafts top Tackles.

They could be looking at drafting a OT early to groom, have him be the swing OT for a year or so, then let him become the starter when Fleming's deal runs out. All the while moving COllins back to LG.

A lot to consider...specially since some scouting reports mention moving guys like Williams and McGlinchey to G at the next level.
This is a good draft for mid round tackles. I don't care that much for the guys up top, aside from maybe Connor.

Cappa or Kolton Miller in the 3rd or Notebloom or Christian in the 4th/5th would be nice. I like Brian O'Neill, but he's not ready and might take a couple years.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is a good draft for mid round tackles. I don't care that much for the guys up top, aside from maybe Connor.

Cappa or Kolton Miller in the 3rd or Notebloom or Christian in the 4th/5th would be nice. I like Brian O'Neill, but he's not ready and might take a couple years.

I wish the FO would just let us know thendanr plan with Collins...

Then we could all be better with our wild draft predications!

I'm on board for moving Collins though, I think his ceiling at G is higher.