LVE standing on the sidelines

lukin2006

Reaction score
Don't blame LVE just because RM is TOO STUPID to figure out adjustments. That what it comes down to with this staff, none of them are smart to adjust on the fly.

droopdog7

Reaction score
People focus on the dumbest things. LVE didn’t do **** yesterday either.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He wasn’t playing well at all. What a time to have a bad game. Richard let him know about it also. Maybe he had the flu or something. He kept missing his gaps.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. Our best defender who got us to this point and these morons took him out of the game for snake lee is pathetic

He was pretty aweful last night , and I watched the game in an LVE jersey. That was his worst game as a pro. He looked dazed and confused.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They weren't ready to play the rams. I was making no excuses for them. They flat out sucked. I think you misunderstood my point.
Most bizarre thing ever. They just kept getting worse on Defense. Stupid penalties and getting ran over. I think the plan was to put it on goff and expect that gurley would get his yards but we let them move the chains with the run. WITH THE RUN. Against us? We stuff the run for breakfast. I kept waiting for the adjustments and bottle it up but it never happened. Not the way I predicted us to lose. We should have been the run team. And got 47 yards all night. Hardly no screens outside of bubble screens that never worked. Take those out of the playbook next year please. It’s like the teams switched sides. Pathetic game planning. Richard needed to be game planning instead of interviewing for jobs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was pretty aweful last night , and I watched the game in an LVE jersey. That was his worst game as a pro. He looked dazed and confused.
I know and the rams weren’t doing anything special. They actually played a lot like we should have. Kept waiting for the adjustments that never happened.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know and the rams weren’t doing anything special. They actually played a lot like we should have. Kept waiting for the adjustments that never happened.

I gusss the point of my comment was that I don't blame Marinelli for trying SOMETHING to slow the rams down. Lee is a savvy veteran and used to make running on us very tough. He's just not in game shape.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. Our best defender who got us to this point and these morons took him out of the game for snake lee is pathetic

LVE didn't do **** all game either. When you're on the field that long you need to sub more.

mardwin

Reaction score
LVE played his worst of the season along with the rest of the front 7. Only decent defensive player on the field was Chido.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I gusss the point of my comment was that I don't blame Marinelli for trying SOMETHING to slow the rams down. Lee is a savvy veteran and used to make running on us very tough. He's just not in game shape.
I expect him to be rotated in. And he didn’t play any worse than the rest of our Defense. Maliek Collins had the best game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our fans love jumping the gun and anointing guys prematurely.

Then when those said players inevitably fail they love to tear them down.

Jaylon and LVE sucked it up last night.

Based on Richard’s comments post game (“It’s on me. I didn’t have them prepared to execute”) and the clip showing him yelling at LVE leads me to believe Leighton was not following through on his keys/reads and/or scheme the way they prepared to.

Jaylon had a great year. That doesn’t mean he’s infallible. I’ve pointed out a number of times this year he’s looked completely lost on the field with his assignment. That continued in this game as well. He’s not always strong at the point of attack or when it comes to filling a gap. On one of the early goal line runs, he sidestepped a blocker instead of filling the lane which led to an easy TD.

The positive take-a-ways are these guys are young. They put a poor showing on tape they’ll have to live with and get better from. Hopefully, they’ll address it the right way and let it fuel them to get better.
Best post in the thread.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Many people speak about how they love Kris Richard because he is firey and hold players accountable when they make mistakes. When he was ranting on the sidelines he was looking directly at LVE. His gap integrity was horrible last night, so he got benched. So Richard held him accountable, but for some reason now it's a problem.
"Don't yell at my pet!" :angry:

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
He was awful last night. Got washed out consistently, missed his gap assignment time after time.
I have no issue with him being benched .

Totally agree. He was more or less beaten like a rented mule that was about to be sent off to the glue factory...as was just about every other Cowboy DL and LB. They were just mashed by the Rams run offense. It was a perfect game plan and execution. The Cowboys never adjusted...or tried and couldn’t. Regardless, LVE is a fine LB who had a terrific inaugural season. Last night he looked like a rookie playing in his first divisional playoff game. Let’s just hope he keeps progressing and actually does one day become an “unblockable force of nature”.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If they wanted lee in the game so bad they should’ve got out of nickel and played him at the strong side.

Verdict

Reaction score

Lee coat is any chance to stop the QB run on 3rd down late in the game because he couldn't get off of his block. His time has come and gone.

CWR

Reaction score
Id like to agree and dog out the coaches on this as well but LVE didn't have anything last night either.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We couldn’t stop the run with 50 and 54 on the field, couldn’t stop it with 50 and 55 on the field, and couldn’t stop it with 54 and 55 on the field. The idea that it was the “dumbest thing” you’ve seen when it made zero difference is one of the silliest things I’ve read about this game

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
You people need to stop with this idea that we just didn't make the adjustments that would have saved us. We got our teeth punched down our throats and was a mismatch in everyway. The idea that if we just made "adjustments" we would have won is a joke