LVE update

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just sit him till training camp
This season is lost

Yep, this is real actions playing out rather than the hollow words talking about some mythical 'playoff run'.

We're not risking a young players long term health for this Garrett ****.

Creeper

Reaction score
The only reason he is not on IR is there is no reason to put him on IR. But he is not going to play again this year. After they lose to the Rams, the Cowboys will fold their tents and prepare for 2020. Winning the division at 8-8 and going to the playoffs only has downsides - lower draft pick, harder 2020 schedule, and a greater chance Jerry keeps Garrett. The should go 6-10, get a top 12 pick in the draft and pick up an impact player for the defense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
In other words,,,
Garretts sending a message to LVE... All hand on deck, even at the expense of your future career in this league.. I need this win, Ginger got bills to pay!
How in the world did you get that out of the message above?
He's not practicing or playing. He's improving, but not enough yet. Is it because they don't just say screw it and put him on IR for the rest of the year?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The only reason he is not on IR is there is no reason to put him on IR. But he is not going to play again this year. After they lose to the Rams, the Cowboys will fold their tents and prepare for 2020. Winning the division at 8-8 and going to the playoffs only has downsides - lower draft pick, harder 2020 schedule, and a greater chance Jerry keeps Garrett. The should go 6-10, get a top 12 pick in the draft and pick up an impact player for the defense.
Wrong! Cowboys won't fold their tents in any way until after the Philly game. That will be an all hands on deck game. Win and a loss to the Rams won't mean anything. If they lose to the Rams but them finish their sweep of the division the last two weeks, Dallas will win the division.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words,,,
Garretts sending a message to LVE... All hand on deck, even at the expense of your future career in this league.. I need this win, Ginger got bills to pay!
I didn't see that in the words at all.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
glad you can read,,, now get to work on your interpretation skills.
I would say that goes back on you. Jason was asked about Vander Esch, and responded with the facts. He did not call a press conference to send a message.

That distinction seems to be a problem for some fans. Some treat every comment that's printed as if Jerry/Jason/Stephen/Cowboy player called a press conference with the intent of sending a message or making a public declaration designeded to make a point, and that we all have to read between the lines to understand it.

The reality is in most cases they are just answering a question someone in the media asked. The other reality is coaches are asked for updates on injured players all the time.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leighton Vander Esch did not undergo more tests on Monday on a neck injury that has caused him to miss the last three games and will not practice today, according to Jason Garrett. The Cowboys are not ready to put him on injured reserve just yet and Garrett said there has been improvement but not enough to the point where Vander Esch will practice and play.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Garrett's probably saving him for the Super Bowl :rolleyes: :D