Mac Engel: Dez's Career is Over

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Because he thought he'd get more offers. Better offers.

Like a lot of people on this board, he overestimated the demand for his services.

A. That is an assumption on your part. You don't know that.
B. It's irrelevant to the fact that he is not on a team right now because he chose not to be. That he made the decision based on the idea that he'd get better offers (and we don't know what he based his decision on) does not change that it was his choice.

Verdict

Reaction score
Some posters on here have very little objectivity. Lol.

Dez Fan Boi: Dez is awesome. Just wait and see.

Reality: Keep waiting Dez Fan Bois-- keep waiting.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He's holding out for a front office gig.
LOL

Though he could make for a solid WR coach. He definitely is fiery and passionate, though he lack of understanding for advanced concepts could derail any possibility there.

irishline

Reaction score
Some posters on here have very little objectivity. Lol.

BRAVO102715-1.jpg

I have zero skins in this. On one hand I agreed with letting him go. I agreed that he was not doing what he needed to improve. I agreed he was distracting the team. I somewhat understood the rational that it would free up Dak though I didn't completely agree about the impact. On the other hand I understand what he gave to the team. I understand that pre-injury he put up a few year run that was arguably the best in team history. It is a dichotomy that actually isn't too hard to live by and talk about in both terms.

His career may be over or he may somewhat flourish as a number 2 somewhere if he gets everything together. Injuries and father time have taken his skills and somewhat diminished them. Despite this he has refused to adjust or improve what he needed to in order to succeed. He blames others rather than realizing this. Yet he loves and loved being a Cowboy. All of this can be true at the same time (with the exception of whether or not his career continues of course).

That said, to hear this from you is rather rich. You have taken time out of almost every and any thread to slam him, even if it was just remotely related to Dez. Xwalker and Doug Free have nothing on your weird obsession with Dez (sorry X - not a slam just the frequency). It is rather disturbing. And you want to speak of objectivity on this subject? You have taken this obsession with Dez to a level that, for many, seems oddly personal. Over and over. Again, that's rich.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
BRAVO102715-1.jpg

I have zero skins in this. On one hand I agreed with letting him go. I agreed that he was not doing what he needed to improve. I agreed he was distracting the team. I somewhat understood the rational that it would free up Dak though I didn't completely agree about the impact. On the other hand I understand what he gave to the team. I understand that pre-injury he put up a few year run that was arguably the best in team history. It is a dichotomy that actually isn't too hard to live by and talk about in both terms.

His career may be over or he may somewhat flourish as a number 2 somewhere if he gets everything together. Injuries and father time have taken his skills and somewhat diminished them. Despite this he has refused to adjust or improve what he needed to in order to succeed. He blames others rather than realizing this. Yet he loves and loved being a Cowboy. All of this can be true at the same time (with the exception of whether or not his career continues of course).

That said, to hear this from you is rather rich. You have taken time out of almost every and any thread to slam him, even if it was just remotely related to Dez. Xwalker and Doug Free have nothing on your weird obsession with Dez (sorry X - not a slam just the frequency). It is rather disturbing. And you want to speak of objectivity on this subject? You have taken this obsession with Dez to a level that, for many, seems oddly personal. Over and over. Again, that's rich.

Lol. You know it's funny, how people want to defend Dez. He underperformed his entire last contract. ALL OF IT. We pissed off an incredible amount of cap room on him. Not only did he fail to perform but he caused trouble for coaches, undermined coaching of other players and was a serious pain in the *** to game plan around not to mention caused his QB a ton of headaches.

We cut Dez because it was the right thing to do. He was a lousy player. It is clear that 31 other teams think the same thing. So who was right and who was wrong here? It's pretty clear, yet you guys don't want to hear about it. Yeah that's being really grown up.

Now Dez Fan Bois want to "right the wrong by apologizing to him and begging him back". Lol. Seriously? That's delusional. Does that remotely make any sense whatsoever? No.

You know what's really funny is that so many people get pissed off and downright hateful over Dez. I don't quite get it, but whatever.

I have been personally attacked regarding this issue over and over. I've got tough skin, so I'm embracing the hatred over this one issue. So every time I get an opportunity to correct the idiocy about Dez I'm going to do it. The fact that it pisses off so many blind Dez Fan Bois is just icing on the cake.

I find it absolutely incredible that so many people want to bring Dez back even though literally no team wants him right now. You guys do realize that Dez has been sitting on the couch eating bon bons and doing nothing but exercising his twitter fingers since the spring, right?

Whatever. Lol. I really sort of figured that someone would at least take a flier on Dez when they got desperate, and they still might. But cutting Dez was the right decision for the Cowboys and bringing him back would likely be a monumental mistake.

What would piss you guys off even more is if the Cowboys brought him back and he scored TD after TD I would be alright with that because I'm about the team, not the player. I think it would be a mistake to bring him back, but as a Cowboys fan first, if he somehow found his way to being productive that would be fine. I don't think it would happen but never say never, especially with the Cowboys.

I have been dogged about this issue over and over by ******, hateful Dez Fan Bois and I am not going to give an inch on this one. I am going to continue to beat this drum every time it comes up. So keep bringing it up, so I can give the opposing point of view on it.

All you Dez Fan Bois can come up with at this point is "make it stop" because you can't seem to wrap your mind around the truth. Every pro Dez post is some sort of hateful attack, or a weak *** plea to "make it stop". Thats what's really "rich".

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lol. You know it's funny, how people want to defend Dez. He underperformed his entire last contract. ALL OF IT. We pissed off an incredible amount of cap room on him. Not only did he fail to perform but he caused trouble for coaches, undermined coaching of other players and was a serious pain in the *** to game plan around not to mention caused his QB a ton of headaches.

We cut Dez because it was the right thing to do. He was a lousy player. It is clear that 31 other teams think the same thing. So who was right and who was wrong here? It's pretty clear, yet you guys don't want to hear about it. Yeah that's being really grown up.

Now Dez Fan Bois want to "right the wrong by apologizing to him and begging him back". Lol. Seriously? That's delusional. Does that remotely make any sense whatsoever? No.

You know what's really funny is that so many people get pissed off and downright hateful over Dez. I don't quite get it, but whatever.

I have been personally attacked regarding this issue over and over. I've got tough skin, so I'm embracing the hatred over this one issue. So every time I get an opportunity to correct the idiocy about Dez I'm going to do it. The fact that it pisses off so many blind Dez Fan Bois is just icing on the cake.

I find it absolutely incredible that so many people want to bring Dez back even though literally no team wants him right now. You guys do realize that Dez has been sitting on the couch eating bon bons and doing nothing but exercising his twitter fingers since the spring, right?

Whatever. Lol. I really sort of figured that someone would at least take a flier on Dez when they got desperate, and they still might. But cutting Dez was the right decision for the Cowboys and bringing him back would likely be a monumental mistake.

What would piss you guys off even more is if the Cowboys brought him back and he scored TD after TD I would be alright with that because I'm about the team, not the player. I think it would be a mistake to bring him back, but as a Cowboys fan first, if he somehow found his way to being productive that would be fine. I don't think it would happen but never say never, especially with the Cowboys.

I have been dogged about this issue over and over by ******, hateful Dez Fan Bois and I am not going to give an inch on this one. I am going to continue to beat this drum every time it comes up. So keep bringing it up, so I can give the opposing point of view on it.

All you Dez Fan Bois can come up with at this point is "make it stop" because you can't seem to wrap your mind around the truth. Every pro Dez post is some sort of hateful attack, or a weak *** plea to "make it stop". Thats what's really "rich".

You're still not being honest, I see. Hate him all you want, but at least be truthful.

jsb357

Reaction score
Did he turn down a decent deal from the Ravens?

Note to Dez...

Only 32 places to get a job in your profession, don't burn your bridges or disrespect prospective employers.