Video: Mac Engel On Why This Is The Worst Cowboys Offseason Of The Century | Shan & RJ

fivetwos

Reaction score
If someone local doesn't mind....

Would you please outline who these guys are....vs other local shows.

Where do the Joneses spew their weekly nonsense?

It's tough to have the right perspective here when you don't really know who is who.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless they sign Bobby Wagner this will forever be known as one of our worst off seasons.

The draft is too much of a crap shoot to say "wait until the draft" like some are preaching on the daily. We simply do not know how draft picks will turn out. We could draft another Micah or another Taco. Who knows?

Also, I like how they called out how weak it is to blame the refs for losing as the players and the fans love to do. Also, kudos to them for calling out Dak endorsing violence against refs.

Engel basically says everything I say on the daily. I like him.

"They think Dak Prescott is as good as Aaron Rodgers". Preach on, Engel.

Time stamp for that but I did not hear that quote.
Thanks.

75boyz

Reaction score
Fan One: He’s probably in the 10-12 range. He’s a leader—strong and determined, and we CAN win a SB with him, provided we have a good team around him, and good schemes.

Fan Two: He’s better than Rodgers?!?!?

It's kinda strange but it sounds almost exactly like Lawrence.

Was paid top 5 but more top 15 ish, if even that to me personally.
Perceived as THE defensive team leader.
Has been said here(as recent as yesterday to me) that all he needs is a good team around him.

And then when I look at both sides of the ball and see both of these guys supporting casts and double check their personal impact from their posititons I still come away feeling mostly short changed.

Typical lack of return on investment for this FO.

Prolly just me, I know.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Shortsighted stuff.

If(HUGE IF) we carry this over and keep dumping high salaries of underperforming players and draft smartly, this is 100% what needed to be done.

FA signings at this point is not the answer. A mini rebuild is the answer. We've started it, but I'm not sure it was on purpose!!!!!!!!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Just enjoy the show, folks. It's all we have now.

"They think Dak is as good as Aaron Rodgers." :facepalm:
That was the thing that stood out the most to me.

If they truly believe that, and their actions suggest they DO in a definitive kind of way.....forget it.

They've gotta be a run first team which they probably won't do for several reasons, but all I have is to hold out hope that the light goes on quickly.

I'd rather be completely stripped down looking at a 3 win season than be stuck in the middle as we apparently are going to be for some time now.

They just do NOT want to change what has been proven to not at all work. That can't not be frustrating for anyone.

75boyz

Reaction score
Unless they sign Bobby Wagner this will forever be known as one of our worst off seasons.

The draft is too much of a crap shoot to say "wait until the draft" like some are preaching on the daily. We simply do not know how draft picks will turn out. We could draft another Micah or another Taco. Who knows?

Also, I like how they called out how weak it is to blame the refs for losing as the players and the fans love to do. Also, kudos to them for calling out Dak endorsing violence against refs.

Engel basically says everything I say on the daily. I like him.

"They think Dak Prescott is as good as Aaron Rodgers". Preach on, Engel.

Totally refreshing re hash of ALL the events that have transpired concerning this team from TOP to bottom. Heck, and here I thought Jerry had some kind of censor authority to even not allow this type of negative press to be talked about publicly.

Freedom of the press IS actually alive and not muffled in Dallas after all, lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Totally refreshing re hash of ALL the events that have transpired concerning this team from TOP to bottom. Heck, and here I thought Jerry had some kind of censor authority to even not allow this type of negative press to be talked about publicly.

Freedom of the press IS actually alive and not muffled in Dallas after all, lol
And I hope they keep talking.