Video: Mac Engel On Why This Is The Worst Cowboys Offseason Of The Century | Shan & RJ

Creeper

Reaction score
I don’t even wanna watch this crap. Worst of the century? Seriously?

epiccartoonlikeoverreaction.com

Yeah, that's a bit of hyperbole but this has been one of the worst off-seasons so far that I can remember. The last CAP dump was 2017 but even then the Cowboys did not lose players of the caliber of Gregory, Collins and Cooper.

Reactions: CWR

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was left out of that was "appears to be". Because the off season is not over and the team has yet to play a real down of real football.

This guy is a hack and doing nothing but taking the Cowboys low hanging fruit, gotta write about the Cowboys.

There is not one local broadcaster or writer that I would seek out their knowledge of the game and 95% of the national talking heads like Bayless, Cowerd, Sharpe or Smith.

The worst I ever saw was the day after the Cowboys beat GB, the Jessica Pink Jersey Game, to go 11-1, the DMN runs this article hammering Roy OU Williams as the weak link on the team. They just had to try and find something negative to print after the Cowboys won a really big game. I stopped accessing local sportswriters after that and when Blackie Sherrod and Frank Luksa retired, so did local fair-minded and insigthful sports writing.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a bit of hyperbole but this has been one of the worst off-seasons so far that I can remember. The last CAP dump was 2017 but even then the Cowboys did not lose players of the caliber of Gregory, Collins and Cooper.
I firmly believe the combo of Armstrong/Fowler can bring us more sacks than what Gregory brought us last year, and I’m confident that Quinn can bring out the best from our assembled talent. I’m also encouraged by the return of Cox, and the further development of several good second and third year players. I think our D will actually be better.

Offense? Williams was a holding, flag magnet turnstile at LG, so between the draft/FA, I expect an upgrade. Collins and Cooper didn’t actually contribute a lot in 2021, so replacing their production should be less daunting than many believe. Lamb/Gallup/Washington/Brown + a draft pick still seems like a better group than most, so we’ll see.

Fingers crossed.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Maybe the stopped clock is right twice a day, but Engel and his wife are still complete clowns.

offlimits

Reaction score
Just enjoy the show, folks. It's all we have now.

"They think Dak is as good as Aaron Rodgers." :facepalm:

Please... tell Mac to stop with the gaslighting. The Jones's know that Dak is not close to AR in ability or IQ. Just stop it.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Have the last 26 off seasons worked so far?

Whats the difference? I guess none, so its not that important.

If you think about it, do you really think Wagner, Smith, Cooper or Gregory would make any real difference? By difference I meant going to at least a NFC Championship game.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I thought it was semi-entertaining...anyone laughing at Booger and son is good with me. Not sure how they would know the coaches didn't like Cooper or Collins but guess they have their sources. Probably Dr. Fauci. Cooper having other interest outside of football and not taking the jab. Probably smelled weed on Collins and found he puts ketsup on his steak. Nice insightful post.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mac Engel is correct about Stephen being ultra conservative and the total opposite of the radical Jerry. Stephen is a scary change of pace. His penchant for welcoming so many ineffective 3rd-tier vet FAs does, indeed, seem to ensure many years of mediocrity. Let's just hope he manages to experience, at least, some measure of a turnaround in the future. That'd truly be a welcome change -- it's a pleasant thought, anyway, despite being a longshot. ;)

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Now Dak needs to be “Aaron Rodgers” for him to not suck?

He’s a top 10 QB whether you clowns like it or not.
:laugh:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
once Jerry is dead we are completely screwed,i bet most fans wont have thought of that.

The more Stephen talks, the more I think it's dawning on everyone just how much potential we have to stink for a very long time.

DanA

Reaction score
Are we forgetting the Poe, McCoy, Clinton-Dix, Griffen free agency where the best signing might have been Forbaith.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Im glad they brought up the fact that Dak was a bottom-tier QB before the Amari trade.

Im tired of the local media acting like this dude has been some godsend for this franchise. Him, Jerry, & Stephen are the trifecta that is sabotaging our favorite team

Flamma

Reaction score

Thanks for this post. Finally something I can listen to without Skip, Steven Smith, or that clown Cowherd. I listen to the fan at work a lot.

Too much fluff from Mac Engel. That's not to say he didn't make good points. But I am not concerned over off the field issues when talking about the worst off season. To me, this off season is no different than any off season we've had since 2016. We cut Dez in one of them, let OL Leary and Byron walk in others. It's the same every year. Leary and Demarco Murray bothered me because they didn't get huge contracts where they ultimately went. So no, I don't think this off season is so bad compared to others.

ESisback

Reaction score
Thanks for this post. Finally something I can listen to without Skip, Steven Smith, or that clown Cowherd. I listen to the fan at work a lot.

Too much fluff from Mac Engel. That's not to say he didn't make good points. But I am not concerned over off the field issues when talking about the worst off season. To me, this off season is no different than any off season we've had since 2016. We cut Dez in one of them, let OL Leary and Byron walk in others. It's the same every year. Leary and Demarco Murray bothered me because they didn't get huge contracts where they ultimately went. So no, I don't think this off season is so bad compared to others.

The negativity and overreaction gets worse every year.

Flamma

Reaction score
The negativity and overreaction gets worse every year.

Agreed. The reaction is what gets worse. I thought the off season following the 2016 season to be ridiculous. That off season told me all I needed to know about our front office and their goals. That they're not actually in it to win it all. The alternative is that they're idiots. I don't think they are. Or at least I hope they're not.