Video: Mac Engel On Why This Is The Worst Cowboys Offseason Of The Century | Shan & RJ

dogberry

Reaction score
Has the Star-Telegram been punished for the sins of the Morning News?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The absurd notion that anyone would actually defend this speculative delusion renders their credibility useless, IMHO. Citing examples is pointless, because you would only dispute it.

A time waster.

Yes you are.

plasticman

Reaction score
Please......I am not trying to be adversarial but if you think this is the worst off-season in Cowboys history then you are just.......young.

Oh yes, there has been far worse. After all, how do you go from winning three SB's in four years to 6-10 two seasons later to three consecutive 5-11 seasons two seasons after that? You don't think there were a few sad stories there?

How about a team with 20 consecutive winning seasons 12 NFC championship game appearances, 5 SB appearances and two championsbips suddenly flatlining, resulting in a new owner firing the team's only HC in 29 years as a franchise. You don't think that was a rather uncomfortable off-season?

.....Worst off-season.........Not even in the bottom ten.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we signed Leroy Glover during the Campo years. He was one of the biggest signings in Cowboys history, I would put him right behind Deion Sanders.
In 2001 the Cowboys offseason consisted of signing Ryan Leaf and drafting Quincy Carter in the 2nd round…Just because they signed La Roi Glover doesn’t mean they didn’t have some bad offseasons at the time.

ESisback

Reaction score
Please......I am not trying to be adversarial but if you think this is the worst off-season in Cowboys history then you are just.......young.

Oh yes, there has been far worse. After all, how do you go from winning three SB's in four years to 6-10 two seasons later to three consecutive 5-11 seasons two seasons after that? You don't think there were a few sad stories there?

How about a team with 20 consecutive winning seasons 12 NFC championship game appearances, 5 SB appearances and two championsbips suddenly flatlining, resulting in a new owner firing the team's only HC in 29 years as a franchise. You don't think that was a rather uncomfortable off-season?

Well said! Tell that to the fake Brit with the cutesy snark.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So, cap boy wants to run this thing like a MLB baseball team that will only build through their minor league affiliate.

I dont watch MLB so somebody help me out here, do baseball teams that avoid free agency like the plague and just call up players from their AAA farm team typically win?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I think Engel is talking from the perspective of where they were and where they are now. This was a #3 seed team that has taken significant steps backward.

Those Campo years after the SB run were bad years because the talent was just not there, the triplets were done and it was just a total rebuild. This team was not supposed to be rebuilding, they were supposed to take the next step this year.

I look at a team like Buffalo, they are right on the cusp and look what they are doing and look at what the Cowboys are doing. That is what I think Engel is talking about.

kskboys

Reaction score
So, cap boy wants to run this thing like a MLB baseball team that will only build through their minor league affiliate.

I dont watch MLB so somebody help me out here, do baseball teams that avoid free agency like the plague and just call up players from their AAA farm team typically win?
Yes. In cycles. As long as they keep their own, and add maybe a couple FA's.

ESisback

Reaction score
Choice one: pull your hair out when the Cowboys are eliminated from contention in 2022.

Choice two: pull your hair out everyday from here on out.

What choice constitutes a happy life?

CWR

Reaction score
In 2001 the Cowboys offseason consisted of signing Ryan Leaf and drafting Quincy Carter in the 2nd round…Just because they signed La Roi Glover doesn’t mean they didn’t have some bad offseasons at the time.

I was hyped on the Glover signing though. I wanted to love QC. Those years sucked and Hard Knocks made it even worse. Lol

lonestar2288

Reaction score
While I can agree it's not the worst, it still leaves a bad taste in many mouths. Truth is, it doesn't bother me that the likes of Collins, Williams and Gregory(let's be honest please, they didn't let him walk he RAN) are gone. Wouldn't have bothered me a bit if Tank wasn't here if I'm being honest. Truly believe they'll miss Cooper, but not The worst thing this FO has done. Where insult to questionable decisions is added is getting nothing for the players you let go, nor really doing due diligence to replace them. It's still early, still have the draft, yakity smakity etc. You see teams even in our own division arguably improving while Dallas sits on their hands confident in "their guys". Frustration should be understandable

Big D

Reaction score
When Mac Engel says it's , you know it real!
Screen-Shot-2022-03-27-at-10-58-05-AM.png

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Apply that to your 'Dak sucks' mantra.
I can't wait to see you and the rest of the blind, after another failed season, posting in your "Geee I have no idea what went wrong?" threads.

If you pay attention to us that know what's going on you won't be left confused after every failed season.

Big D

Reaction score
I can't wait to see you and the rest of the blind, after another failed season, posting in your "Geee I have no idea what went wrong?" threads.

If you pay attention to us that know what's going on you won't be left confused after every failed season.
Typical, you can't wait to see the Boys lose so you can gloat about being right. lol. You'll be invisible until the playoffs start , watch.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Typical, you can't wait to see the Boys lose so you can gloat about being right. lol. You'll be invisible until the playoffs start , watch.
Pleaseeeeeee...I'll be invisible?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

If you would have paid attention last season to my posts EVERY SINGLE WEEK OF THE SEASON you would have known that we were just overrated and an easy out in the playoffs. You will once again by into the fools and I'll once again laugh at you and the others for it.