Mach 3...Sharp as a Razor

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I realize I just did this last night, but now we have updated numbers and comp picks.

I am still trading up to #6 and giving up #71 to get there.

6. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU, 6'0", 219.
When you have a chance at an elite athlete, jump all over it. People can argue over where to play him. I just get him on the field no matter what. I think Newman is likely gone. His cap number and his age have conspired to move him if he does not redo his deal. If he will redo it, I'd love to keep him, but I move him to FS.

I think Jerry will recoup his 3rd round pick by trading down in the 2nd and adding a 3rd. The logical team is the Saints. So we get their pick #56 and #72.

56. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State, 6'5", 295.
He's slipping because he hasn't worked out, but he could be a starter form day 1 in the right 3-4 scheme and ours is perfect to his skills.

72. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU, 6'5", 325. This is a guy who is technically sound and really just needs to be a little more physical to be great. He'll get a chance to do that.

110. John Moffit, OG, Wisconsin, 6'4", 320.
I have my doubts we will change the OL in 2011, but even if we don't let's get the future ready. Here it is. With Barksdale above perhaps our starting right side for many years.

143. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh, 6'2", 255. Instantly makes our short yardage game better and our running game as a whole if we work in the I. On top of this he is a very good receiver out of the backfield.

176. Andrew Jackson, OG, Fresno State, 6'5", 300. Kosier is not going to last forever and this kid has a lot of potential. He could really be a steal.

220. Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia, 5'8", 179. Marion Barber is gone. We need a 3rd RB who can be a dedicated return man and an occasional weapon. Here he is.

251. Blaine Sumner, NT, Colorado School of Mines, 6'2", 335. A low risk pick on a workout warrior. 52 reps of 225 on the bench and a 33 inch vertical leap. Worth the late round looksee.

I appreciate your comments. Personally, I really like this mock.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I really like it. Not sure about Barksdale, but I like the rest. I REALLY like Devine if we can get him that late.

I'm holding out hope that we get Shiloh Keo, S from Idaho around the 4th or 5th round (he's my pet cat). Tough and great feet even if he doesn't have straight line speed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;3888472 said:
What about our boy McElroy? Our future Jason Garrett?
I heard 4th round by a team. Can't take him that high. BTW, if we do not trade our 3rd and Andy Dalton is there...don't be shocked.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Hostile;3888486 said:
I heard 4th round by a team. Can't take him that high. BTW, if we do not trade our 3rd and Andy Dalton is there...don't be shocked.

Trent Dilfer said today that he sees a lot of similarities between Dalton and Aaron Rogers. Take it for what it's worth.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like it but I just can't see Peterson dropping that far down. Sorry, but I see the Broncos taken him. I hope I am wrong though. I really like Moffit and Hynsoki picks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bigdog;3888567 said:
I like it but I just can't see Peterson dropping that far down. Sorry, but I see the Broncos taken him. I hope I am wrong though. I really like Moffit and Hynsoki picks.
No way. They have to have D-line. Buffalo is the team in the top 5 that scares me, but I think they take a QB or Von Miller. If they take Miller AZ scares me.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If you know nothing about what college players are worth a piss (like me) and just look at the positions taken, this draft would be great.

Addresses a number of positions and even has an ex-president in the mix.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3888455 said:
Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU, 6'0", 219.[/B] When you have a chance at an elite athlete, jump all over it.

As long as he has brains to match. Not sure a 21 wonderlic score counts as having brains.

...granted, it's not the be all end all, but it is definitely something to consider.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Hostile;3888455 said:
I realize I just did this last night, but now we have updated numbers and comp picks.

I am still trading up to #6 and giving up #71 to get there.

6. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU, 6'0", 219.
When you have a chance at an elite athlete, jump all over it. People can argue over where to play him. I just get him on the field no matter what. I think Newman is likely gone. His cap number and his age have conspired to move him if he does not redo his deal. If he will redo it, I'd love to keep him, but I move him to FS.

I think Jerry will recoup his 3rd round pick by trading down in the 2nd and adding a 3rd. The logical team is the Saints. So we get their pick #56 and #72.

56. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State, 6'5", 295.
He's slipping because he hasn't worked out, but he could be a starter form day 1 in the right 3-4 scheme and ours is perfect to his skills.

72. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU, 6'5", 325. This is a guy who is technically sound and really just needs to be a little more physical to be great. He'll get a chance to do that.

110. John Moffit, OG, Wisconsin, 6'4", 320.
I have my doubts we will change the OL in 2011, but even if we don't let's get the future ready. Here it is. With Barksdale above perhaps our starting right side for many years.

143. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh, 6'2", 255. Instantly makes our short yardage game better and our running game as a whole if we work in the I. On top of this he is a very good receiver out of the backfield.

176. Andrew Jackson, OG, Fresno State, 6'5", 300. Kosier is not going to last forever and this kid has a lot of potential. He could really be a steal.

220. Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia, 5'8", 179. Marion Barber is gone. We need a 3rd RB who can be a dedicated return man and an occasional weapon. Here he is.

251. Blaine Sumner, NT, Colorado School of Mines, 6'2", 335. A low risk pick on a workout warrior. 52 reps of 225 on the bench and a 33 inch vertical leap. Worth the late round looksee.

I appreciate your comments. Personally, I really like this mock.

It's pretty easy to like if we can get them where you have them.

Didn't Peterson score a single digit Wonderlic? That scares me a little bit.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
nyc;3888582 said:
As long as he has brains to match. Not sure a 21 wonderlic score counts as having brains.

...granted, it's not the be all end all, but it is definitely something to consider.

Isn't that 2X his actual score?

I thought the report was he scored in the single digits.

Woods

Reaction score
I'm finally leaning towards Hos in that if Peterson is there at 6 the Cowboys will move up to nab him if it only takes a 3rd.

It's hard to imagine Peterson, who is generally regarded as the best football player in this draft, lasting that long - but when you actually do the mock drafts for the first five picks, it could happen.

Finally, I wonder if Taiwan Jones lasts until our 6th round pick? He looks explosive as well.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You're wanting Peterson and I'm drooling over Miller. I like the rest of the draft esp since its heavy on the OL.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Not sure how Peterson is going to help keep Romo upright. if Colombo is starting at RT come week 1 we might as well fast forward to 2012.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jobberone;3888651 said:
You're wanting Peterson and I'm drooling over Miller. I like the rest of the draft esp since its heavy on the OL.
Dallas isn't going to give up on Spencer yet. Miller and Quinn have no shot of landing here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Teague31;3888661 said:
Not sure how Peterson is going to help keep Romo upright. if Colombo is starting at RT come week 1 we might as well fast forward to 2012.
CBs don't block for QBs, so I'm not sure why'd you'd have to not be sure.

Where did you buy your crystal ball that predicts the future so precisely? I didn't mention Barksdale could end up as a starter in my description? Pretty sure I did. It was in the Moffitt pick.

I get it that you have an agenda for Tyron Smith, but mine is for Peterson. I think Secondary on this team is a far bigger need than OL. JMO.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Hostile;3888671 said:
CBs don't block for QBs, so I'm not sure why'd you'd have to not be sure.

Where did you buy your crystal ball that predicts the future so precisely? I didn't mention Barksdale could end up as a starter in my description? Pretty sure I did. It was in the Moffitt pick.

I get it that you have an agenda for Tyron Smith, but mine is for Peterson. I think Secondary on this team is a far bigger need than OL. JMO.

Who do you think the opening day starter at RT will be, Hos?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSport78;3888674 said:
Who do you think the opening day starter at RT will be, Hos?
At this point I do not have a clue. I can tell you that I think Tyron Smith has the best odds because I believe if we do not move up to get Peterson we will take him.