Machota: 10 free agents who make sense for the Cowboys

Aven8

Reaction score
I keep hearing Bobby Wagner is too old and he just keeps having pro bowl caliber seasons.
He’s the new Earl Thomas. Every year we don’t get him until he’s too old. And good to see you’re impressed by Pro Bowls now Ris! Smh…

I guess you forgot the shootout last year against Seattle. The dude can barely move anymore.

Sydla

Reaction score
How is Luvu not on this list? Those LB’s are way too old.
They likely aren’t signing a young LB because it would cost too much and too many years.

They are looking for a one-two year type guy, which makes some sense.

Guys focus too much on age around here.

Aven8

Reaction score
They likely aren’t signing a young LB because it would cost too much and too many years.

They are looking for a one-two year type guy, which makes some sense.

Guys focus too much on age around here.
Wilkins is on the list and he’s young and expensive. In fact my all in is getting him and Luvu.

Big_D

Reaction score
I have the utmost confidence that this FO will come away with none of them! They got the league right where they want them with their own players!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the new Earl Thomas. Every year we don’t get him until he’s too old. And good to see you’re impressed by Pro Bowls now Ris! Smh…

I guess you forgot the shootout last year against Seattle. The dude can barely move anymore.
I'm impressed with Pro Bowl caliber seasons. 180 plus tackles, 3.5 sacks, 11 TFLs. These numbers are elite and haven't been seen here by an off ball LB in decades.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DJ Reader and Kendricks would be an "all in" move and will certainly help fix the interior problems. Don't think either will happen, but it would be great if either or both happen.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm impressed with Pro Bowl caliber seasons. 180 plus tackles, 3.5 sacks, 11 TFLs. These numbers are elite and haven't been seen here by an off ball LB in decades.
His former coach didn’t want him here, now why would Zimm? Having said that I prefer him over Kendrick’s if we’re going 1 year wonders.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are only two possible reasons this happens year after year:
1. They over-value the guys they draft and know.
2. They don’t know what they are doing.

I guess it’s also possible that it’s both.
It's both.

MarkP88

Reaction score
There are only two possible reasons this happens year after year:
1. They over-value the guys they draft and know.
2. They don’t know what they are doing.

I guess it’s also possible that it’s both.
It’s both.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I‘ve heard that many times. But I’ve also heard Wagner was open and was told the Cowboys were already sold on LVE. You can’t sign someone like that if you don’t even try.
And I am completely convinced they didn't!