Twitter: Machota: How the Cowboys have replaced their offseason departures

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
there are some upgrades and some equals (that cost less too).

I like Guyton, Kendricks, Carson, Beebe for sure....Phillips,Joesph and Kneeland could be fine also...the RB thing is garbage but hopefully cook has something left.
Yeah I agree. For the price I’d say they did a good job of at least replacing who got lost. The objective was to get better and they didn’t on paper. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We signed all these guys probably for a grand total of 1 decently priced Free Agent

Derrick Henry got what 8 million???? We signed 5 guys for that amount lol

blueblood70

Reaction score

B-

but for sure the whole historically bad offseason they didn't do anything they're not trying to win they're taking the season they're trying to get Mike McCarthy purposely failure... That's so untrue and was so far from the truth even at the beginning they are putting a solid team back on the field and I don't think it's worse than last year.

I think they have done enough to at least be close to what they were last year, now the schedule and the injuries ,you know like to bland, things that can happen you can't control that but I see this team as they have done an adequate to above average job replacing the guys you can do they lost.

they got younger and more physical in the offensive line that's a glaring upgrade, I don't care what tyron Smith meant to this team in the past he was hardly ever on the field and when he was he was not the same player in the run game yes he was still one of the better pass blocking left tackles in the league but he was not the same and he could not be counted on....

Kendricks and Overshown with Liafu are a better LB core with better depth now than last year.
The DL maybe 1yr patch job but improved from last year IMHO

Now Wiiliams Injury has hurt the DE depth Kneeland is solid but with Lawson gone they still need a player or two there. Muhammad is suspended game 1..soemthings coming for sure

same with CB Blands injury isn't all season but man that hurt depth not sure I'm trusting rookie with another young player to be the 3rd corner and the nickel and dime???maybe Vet added soon?

the RB situation is goig to better because of the OL IMHO i like zeke as hammer FB short yardage GL back, Rico for normal run sets, and DV for the juice. Yes, ins added with Cook. but hes on the PS and should remain there IMHO.. nice insurance as hes a lot like Rico, if needed.,

blueblood70

Reaction score
So basically they replaced everyone but Armstrong for a fraction of the price. Talent wise they took a small step back…..but didn’t improve roster wise.
OK they didn't improve but they stood pat on A12 win team the last three seasons that's all you hope for plus some of these younger players will step up but this roster is as good if not slightly better especially at linebacker and I think they're more physical on the offensive line I think we're improved there so if you think we just went full neutral that's on A12 win roster where we had the second seed and won the division last year so let's keep it real this may not be more than a one year resolution but it's still in my opinion keeps us on track and I think sometimes that's as good as you can ask..

It sure blows out the whole historically bad offseason all the remarks they didn't do anything this offseason because I think they did both with the draft and yes one year rentals in the free agent area but I think the team is still gonna be as competitive as they were last year the only thing that really hurts is bland's injury weakens the nickel and dime and I'm still thinking they need to bring in a veteran which I think they're gonna bring in a veteran corner and they are gonna elevate or put someone on the practice squad for pass rush Lawson maybe someone else they're looking into that so this is still in flux this is as of today.. What 12 days before game one things will change I think they're still looking to improve in those two areas...

HungryLion

Reaction score
The entire offseason is entirely dependent on the rookies playing well from game 1.

Zero room for error. Guyton, Kneeland and Liafau need to be studs.

Carson I give them a pass because he was the #4 corner until Bland got hurt. I think Carson will be good. Idk about Bland’s level of good though.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. For the price I’d say they did a good job of at least replacing who got lost. The objective was to get better and they didn’t on paper. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.
i hate to say it but despite not going after any FA's of note, they have somehow managed to field a team that a least is starting better on paper vs last year

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The entire offseason is entirely dependent on the rookies playing well from game 1.

Carson I give them a pass because he was the #4 corner until Bland got hurt. I think Carson will be good. Idk about Bland’s level of good though.
Blands level of good is OK, his coverage skills aren't always the best

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I still think the fallback option if he struggles is kicking Lewis out to outside corner and playing Mukuamu in the slot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i hate to say it but despite not going after any FA's of note, they have somehow managed to field a team that a least is starting better on paper vs last year
They did. In this league you have to get better just to stay at where you were at the previous season thanks to the tougher schedule. But you have to commend a team losing all that talent and then replacing it by not spending much. Offensive line is going to determine this teams ceiling.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And fans think Jerry does not know what he and the FO is doing. :popcorn:

Or is this where Jerry brings out the ..... serendipity .... word. :muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am ready to see this new and improved OL. I know there will be some growing pains until they get in sync.

Ready to see Guyton over Smith (as we would all be waiting for that injury to occur).
Everyone expects an upgrade I just don’t see how two rookies can upgrade a line instantly. Hopefully the growing pains aren’t in the run blocking.