Twitter: Machota: How the Cowboys have replaced their offseason departures

CCBoy

Reaction score
First, if going by guts on any of this, throw out the base level crying evaluation following 3 straight 12 win seasons for any reason.

That is making the playoffs three consecutive seasons. Just how many teams duplicate that in the AFC or NFC?

If one is again throwing more than a crying routine, if the Cowboys win 6 of the first 10 games and win 2 of the 4 games against KC, SF, the two Eagle games...they will be able to go up against any team.

Keep the cry baby routines to yourself.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am ready to see this new and improved OL. I know there will be some growing pains until they get in sync.

Ready to see Guyton over Smith (as we would all be waiting for that injury to occur).
There is enough depth that the offensive line quality already is a strength. Both the running and passing games will be heard from now.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
- Guyton MIGHT be an upgrade. He's a rookie so who knows what happens when game go live. Smith's health was always an issue in recent years so maybe call this one a wash on that alone.

- Pollard to Elliott/Cook is a downgrade. Both guys are past their prime.

- LVE to Kendricks? Wash. Maybe a slight upgrade given Kendricks knows Zimmer's system well.

- Gilmore to Carson. Downgrade IMO.

- Armstrong to Kneeland. Downgrade, for now. Kneeland is very raw at rushing the passer. Now three years from now? Maybe Kneeland has developed and is better than Armstrong, but for this current team this is a downgrade.

- Biadasz to Beebe. I was ehhh on Biadasz so this is a wash, at best, with a chance for an upgrade as Beebe gets his legs under him.

- Gallimore to Joseph? Wash. Gallimore was a massive disappointment. Joseph was a really good DT............... years ago. Who knows what he has left in the tank.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am ready to see this new and improved OL. I know there will be some growing pains until they get in sync.

Ready to see Guyton over Smith (as we would all be waiting for that injury to occur).
I'm not doing the comparison I think that's ridiculous here's the absolute fact we got younger at center and at left tackle it's been inconsistent at left tackle for years because of him in and out of the lineup it doesn't matter what he could have brought us this year we did an upgrade we're making a move tyron Smith would've been a nice player to have but also a progress stopper I hate to say it the man's on his last leg literally you have to go young we got a bigger younger more physical right now player especially in the run game then tyron Smith was the last five years.. Yes there's gonna be growing pains tyron Smith was still pretty damn good in the past game but he was almost a liability in the run game he did not move like he used to not in open space... He also was starting to get beat by speed rushers..

But the offensive line is instantly better because of the physicality at center and left tackle in the run game and we were missing that and steel is going to be another year removed and improving at right tackle I say our offensive line is better right now than it has been in the last three or Four Seasons it has potentially to be the next 2014 through 16 line that we have that's probably one of the best offensive lines we put together since the 90s and I think we're headed that way again it's about size youth and physicality.. TB was liability because of his lack of an anchor and got pushed around...

But Tyron Smith, I'm not watching, it's over, he's gone, he's not a cowboy anymore...

I wish him the best and I don't want him to get hurt just to say I told you so, I think we're better off with Guyton, even if there's growing pains in the pass game, he's going to get beat he's going to have some similar growing pains like Tyler Smith, heck Tyler Smith wasn't even supposed to be a left tackle but we sure got by pretty well and why did Tyler Smith have to play left tackle that's right Tyron Smith wasn't again!

we had to move the pieces around but now in my opinion this is the best offensive line at least in potential that we've had since the 2014 through 2016 season when we lost Frederick and we couldn't find a left guard and our left tackle kept getting hurt and our right tackle was a swinging gate ,

do people do not realize the flux that this offensive line has been in since like 2017 through 2020 and 2020 being the worst it was like 11 different lineups. i believe hey finally found the correct group.

heck its solid as B/U situation as well IF needed Martin retired Beebe the RG and Hoffman the center. we do need a swing tackle but possibly Asim Richards grows into that.